The hotel is located right on the river. Sometimes, it feels like your room is over the river. The views are very peaceful and relaxing. The hotel is somewhat old, but kept up very well. The staff are generally very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast is pretty good - about what you'd expect for a 5-star hotel (but probably quite expensive if not included in your rate).
The hotel location is very convenient for visiting temples. The surrounding area does not have a wealth of good restaurants, but there are a few. There is a little market just outside the hotel with excellent street food, as well as two minimarkets within easy walking distance. There are a few massage places; they are slightly higher-priced than elsewhere in Bangkok, though still cheap. The free shuttle boat (on the hour and half past) takes to you the BTS, where there is a small shopping mall with a Robinson's, Tops food court, KFC, and McD's.
The location is not especially close to the skytrain, although the aforementioned boat shuttle takes you there in about 6 minutes. And taxis are cheap. Near the 7-11 there are minivans that will take you to Siam square very cheaply.
The decision is basically whether you want beautiful river views and temple access, or whether you want to stay near the center and all the nightlife. It's easy to make occasional trips to the center, but it would get tiring if you planned to do it every day.
Laundry Tip: If you turn left just before 7-11, turn left down the small soi. After about 30 meters you will find a small laundry shop run by a very nice lady named Noi. The shopping doesn't look like much, but her prices are probably less than 1/10th of the hotel's price, and she always did a great job for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the legendary Chao Phraya River with exquisite views, we offer a pleasant combination of warm Thai hospitality and world-class service in a modern setting just minutes from Bangkok's business districts, entertainment, and attractions.Enjoy the refined style and modern comforts of a relaxing riverside hotel. Take time out at our two pools or book a spa treatment, discover exciting cuisine in our six restaurants and bars, or experience memorable events in 22 unrivaled function rooms.All 726 of our spacious guest rooms and suites boast spectacular panoramic river views. Revel in the warm, calming, and contemporary ambiance of these well-appointed accommodations, featuring subtle Thai style and the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Nozio Netplan srl, Travelbag, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Royal Orchid
- Sheraton Bangkok
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok
- Bangkok Sheraton