We spent 4 nights in the Royal Orchid & can honestly say it is a lovely place to stay whilst in Bangkok.
The rooms are well appointed and ours had a wonderful view of the river, from which you can see all the traffic day & night. Two very good pools, with one allowing you to sit & view the river traffic as well.
Breakfast excellent, with choices to suit all tastes. Staff very nice & friendly.
Great entertainment in bar during the evening with live groups most of the evenings.
Bangkok is a city of contradictions, poverty & opulence side by side. Limousines & Tuk Tuk's next to each other in traffic...................Glamorous & expensive restaurants and their counterparts, the open air dining stalls on the streets. China town is particularly good if you want good food at good prices.
Tip for taxi's..............................Always get them to put the meter on, otherwise the will just invent a figure. A short ride of 2 miles should cost no more than 70-75 baht, which around £1.40.................................
Getting around is not a problem, with river taxis coming along every 5-10 minutes or so, just get on and pay when requested to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the legendary Chao Phraya River with exquisite views, we offer a pleasant combination of warm Thai hospitality and world-class service in a modern setting just minutes from Bangkok's business districts, entertainment, and attractions. Enjoy the refined style and modern comforts of a relaxing riverside hotel. Take time out at our two pools or book a spa treatment, discover exciting cuisine in our restaurants and bars, or experience memorable events in 22 unrivaled function rooms. All 726 of our spacious guest rooms and suites boast spectacular panoramic river views. Revel in the warm, calming, and contemporary ambiance of these well-appointed accommodations with a subtle Thai style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Royal Orchid
- Sheraton Bangkok
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok
- Bangkok Sheraton