“Great place !”

Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers
Ranked #72 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed here in January 2013 ... had a great time. The room was great, with a good view of the river. The pools were delightful, and the food in the restaurants was very very good. Overall, strongly recommended (and we're booked to return in January 2014, we enjoyed it so much !)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve H
There are newer reviews for Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers

Reviewed 16 December 2013

After a long and tiring flight, the welcome was fantastic and it just kept getting better. Particular thanks to the exceptional team in the Executive Floor bar where it's easy to spend some very happy hours enjoying the view with the cocktails and nibbles!

Room Tip: Well worth paying the supplement for the Executive floors. Great added value.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Claire D, Online Marketing Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Dear Paul C,

I was delighted to read your kind words. Many thanks for your praises to our Club Lounge team and services. I have shared your feedback with the team here and we all hope to see you back here soon.

Our best Christmas and New Year wishes,

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Our second visit to this hotel.Situated right on the banks of the river. We had a room on the
24th floor with a fantastic view of the very busy and bustling river.Although we arrived in the early hours of the morning,we were greeted by friendly and efficient staff who soon allocated our room,which we found to be bright and clean with a large picture window.The hotel has two swimming pools in very nice surroundings with ample sunbeds and a free towel service.
The excellent buffet breakfast which catered for all nationalities,could be taken inside or outside on the patio next to the river.Taxis and tuk-tuks are available right outside the hotel.
The hotel also operates a free shuttle boat to the skytrain station about 10 minutes away.
Would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin C

Dear Kevin C,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers during your recent stay to Bangkok. It is great to know you had a great stay and would recommend our services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and send out best wishes for the holiday season.

Warm regards.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I love travel around and do some activity every weekend. This weekend my boyfriend and I decided to getaways from our condo to stay somewhere else. I choose to stay in Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers because right by the river. I would like to wake up and can look to the window also can see the river so we book Deluxe Premium River View Room. If I am not wrong my room 14 Fl. 1410. I could say this room is one of the best view in the hotel. We spent time in the pool half day. Hotel have 2 pools beside the river and another one with pool bar. The breakfast was nice and I would recommend Giorgio'S Restaurant serving authentic Italian cuisine. It was good food and nice place for dinner. I am sure I will find some weekend to go back and spend my weekend in this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Peace S,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I was delighted to hear you had a memorable stay and particularly enjoyed the river views and our Italian restaurant Giorgio’s.
I hope to see you again very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We had a week in Bangkok , and two out of the seven days were in the "Royal Orchid Sheraton & Towers". Having been to Bangkok many times in the past we picked the Sheraton for its location next to the river witch is excellent with breathtaking views day and night , and more important the existence of two pools enabled us to exercise these two days. The access from the airport is easy and the duration is approximately 30 minutes . Arriving at the hotel we fell special by the warm welcome we received from the front desk staff . We had a room on the 22nd floor and the view to the river was one of the most beautiful pictures I have seen in my life , especially at night with the lighted cruise ships cruising the river up and down. The hotel is located next to an embarkation pier for cruises and on the promenade you can take a walk in the evening and enjoy a drink or have food at one of the cafes. The shopping mall located next to the hotel we found not interesting , except the Family Mart on the ground floor which is located closer than the nearest 7/11 convenient store ….On our first night we had dinner at the hotel's thai restaurant and it was one of the tastiest dinners of our lives. We were offered on arrival breakfast for an additional fee (we were booked on cash &points) and so we had breakfast at the main restaurant, one of the best breakfast buffet we have seen in all our travels so far. The shuttle boat which serves hotel residents to the nearest BTS station is leaving every 30 minutes starting at 10am . There are two pools, one for swimming and another one smaller for relaxing with a whirl pool and a children's area , I can not say , however, that we could feel relaxed because of the excessive noise of the boats in the river. The hotel spa does not offer thai massage, there are however studios at the vertical street where you can relax enjoying this traditional thai habit…The nearest mall is "Central Silom", 10' (or less) taxi minutes away, very interesting the flight experience next to that mall, where you can train your self on a Boeing 737 simulator. We had a drink at the lobby bar and enjoyed a very nice couple of musicians playing some of the songs we loved from the past. We stayed in many Sheratons so far, some were newer, this is one we will remember for its delicious restaurants and its amazing views to the river.

Room Tip: High floor above 20th. All rooms have river view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Claire D, Online Marketing Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear stylianmos,

Greetings from the Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers! We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It a delight to learn you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the views, services and facilities. Please do let us know when you return to Bangkok as we would be delighted to have you back as our guest.

Best Season Holiday wishes,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was fortunate enough to have organized an event for over 70 persons at Royal Orchid Sheraton during the Loy Krathong Festival. The festival could be translated "Floating Crown" or "Floating Decoration", and comes from the tradition of making buoyant decorations which are then floated on a river. It is a day to let go of unpleasant pasts and bad luck and "send" them away down the stream.

The location of the hotel is by the Chao Phraya River which I regard as the soul of the city, is just perfect for the festival. Although there were big groups of patrons visiting on the night, the hotel staff kept things well under control.

We had amazing Thai dinner at the Thara Thong Restaurant at the hotel, it is worth the experience - festivity wise and gastronomically. The famous Wat Arun Temple is only 10 minute boat ride away from the hotel. Best time to go is late afternoon followed by a Tom Yum Martini at sala rattanakosin bar opposite the temple and enjoy the breath taking sunset view of the river and temple.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Odetorei

Dear Odetorei,

My sincere thanks for your kind words. I couldn’t agree with you more, being located by the Chao Phraya River gives you sense of experiencing the true soul of the city and there is no better location to celebrate special occasions such as the Loy Krathong Festival. I am delighted you had a great time during these festivities and that the experience at our traditional Thai Restaurant was amazing. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and wish you the best for the Seasonal Holidays.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I was impressed by the staff a couple of times. Once I was doing some work in the lobby early in the morning and someone brought me a bottle of water. Very thoughtful.

The rooms are very nice, I loved the view of the river from my bed. The breakfast was nice and the tropical pool was a nice place to swim and read. I would like it to be easier to get to the water taxi pier, but after a few days I figured it out.

Being located on the river is nice when your dealing with a crazy city and would like to relax but for business travelers it may not be so convenient.

I got a pedicure, it was fine but nothing impressive. They have a rooftop area where you can get a massage, and I'll bet that's nice.

If you walk outside to Rivercity, you'll walk by a bunch of street food vendors and places to get a soda or a coconut. I'm a sucker for a fresh coconut so I found a lady who I bought from each day. Also you can walk away from the river and find a bunch of places to get a massage. Also something you must do while in Thailand. My Mom loved her foot massage, and I loved every massage I found there. If it's too much, the Thai word for pain is "Jep", use that and they'll back off.

During the same trip I also stayed at the Peninsula, and it's hard to compare the two but I enjoyed both.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank harado
Claire D, Online Marketing Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear harado,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us. I was delighted to read your feedback and to learn you had a great stay with us. I must agree with you, the views from the room and even from the bed are spectacular! Many thanks for your kind words and best wishes for a wonderful Holiday and a Happy New Year!