Overall I enjoyed my short stay (3 nights) at the Sheraton Royal Orchid in Bangkok, just over a month ago (I was there for a conference) My room on the 17th floor had a breathtaking view of the Chao Praya river; the room itself was fine,quiet and with a very comfortable bed; missing toiletry items were swiftly provided when requested , and the buffet breakfast was excellent! The hotel is very well situated, within walking distance of Silom Road and close to the very frequent public river boat services which left one at an overground rail transit stop within a few minutes – or went upstream to China Town, the pagodas and the Royal Palace. The riverside bar is a wonderful place to relax after a busy day, gazing at the busy life on the water and the night skyline…
Slight shortcomings: breakfast room is rather cramped and noisy (low ceilings) and I personally do not like fitted carpeting in rooms: parket floors would be welcome (as well as being more hygienic) – a point to bear in mind when a refurbishing programme is scheduled.But I am aware this is a personal preference, maybe not shared by others...
But in any hotel what really makes a difference to the guest experience at the end of the day is not so much the fixtures and facilities as the attitude of the staff – and there you get full marks from me – everyone was delightful, efficient and helpful, from reception to bar and restaurant staff to porters and people cleaning my room, I wish I remembered all their names! My stay coincided with considerable unrest in Bangkok, and the hotel management provided an information desk on developments unfolding in the city (a very smart idea!) which was manned by a young member of your staff – Mildly I believe her name is – who I must commend: she not only provided timely information and practical advice on where it was safe to go, but was very friendly and went out of her way to give me useful tourist tips and on being asked also gave me a very articulate and neutral view of developments in the country. All in fluent English …and even managed some Spanish, a nice surprise for someone living in Spain. A big thank you to her!
My bottom line therefore would be: gratitude to you for making my stay a pleasant one, and advice to management: look after your staff! They are your most valuable resource…they do a splendid and yet difficult job with great professionalism
I would certainly recommend the hotel and wouldn’t hesitate to return there if my travels ever take me back to Bangkok…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the legendary Chao Phraya River with exquisite views, we offer a pleasant combination of warm Thai hospitality and world-class service in a modern setting just minutes from Bangkok's business districts, entertainment, and attractions. Enjoy the refined style and modern comforts of a relaxing riverside hotel. Take time out at our two pools or book a spa treatment, discover exciting cuisine in our restaurants and bars, or experience memorable events in 22 unrivaled function rooms. All 726 of our spacious guest rooms and suites boast spectacular panoramic river views. Revel in the warm, calming, and contemporary ambiance of these well-appointed accommodations with a subtle Thai style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Royal Orchid
- Sheraton Bangkok
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok
- Bangkok Sheraton