“Honeymoon”

Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers
Ranked #76 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
“Honeymoon”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

First class in every way, we were looked after so well during our stay and the restaurant over looking the river of Kings was the best .

Perfectly situated for all sight seeing and shopping and at a reasonable price. Already planning a visit next year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
GMRosh, General Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Steve H,

I’m very delighted to know you enjoyed your time here and that you’re coming back next year. I really appreciate it and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon. I wish you all the best in the meantime.

Best regards,

Keith Hardie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (912)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed hear for 3 nights in may lovely hotel and room views from our room over look the river we had breakfast included witch had every think you could won't and more , only down side to hotel there's not much to do outside the hotel plus we had to be in by 10 o'clock becauces of the curfew

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brendamlondon
Tehran
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in the hotel. We didn't like the rep's behavior. She ignored us for a while and did check-in in silence . Whenever we asked any queations , got no answers or we had to ask over and over again!
The rep was rude , so the first impression wasn't good. After going to our room , we were told that there was a problem with lightening and the technition would go to address the problem. During our stay , no one showed up !
There were not any slippers !( For a 5-star hotel ,a little odd!) But the problems were more! Another day we received a letter from our agency about the pick-up time but the time wasn't typed correctly ! We were so lucky that didn't our flight due to their slip of thumb!
The hotel's location is not good ! Far from everywhere. You had to take taxi for traveling.
About the bright sides: The view!!! The view was perfect. Ooverlooking the river and had srunning view specially at nights !
Another plus was about the breakfast. No flaws! Varied and delicious.
In general ,we didn' enjoy our stay in Sheraton Hotel and won't back again!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Arghi A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I agree with you that the river views look absolutely stunning especially at night. I sincerely apologize for the shortfalls and inconvenience you encountered during your stay. I have shared such constructive feedback with my team for immediate improvement and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back the next time you’re in Bangkok.

My best regards,

Fribourg, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The staff was so helpful and friendly. I was glad they helped me so much as my mother was sick and needed to go to the hospital. The view on the river is amazing. The location is perfect, close to express boat, skytrain. The food in the different restaurants was delicious.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 22Sophie
GMRosh, General Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear 22Sophie,

I am very thrilled to find out that you have had a memorable time at our hotel despite your mom being ill when you arrived here. I hope she’s doing well now. Your review has truly made my day knowing that our associates were able to help and provide services that exceed your expectations. Should your travel bring you back to Bangkok, I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again. I wish you all the best in the mean time.

gpetrie868
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This property is magnificent. Orchids everywhere, including your room. Impeccable service and fine dining. Easy commute to high end shopping and entertainment. Tailor shop on premises for custom suits, shirts and ties.

Great view of the hustle and bustle of the river and the rooms are beautifully appointed. World class accommodations!

Room Tip: Riverview room suggested
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jorge P
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had a short 4 night stay and I was upgraded to a Deluxe Premium River View Room, which is basically a higher floored room as I believe all rooms face the river. Hotel and rooms have definitely aged though it is well maintained and have the classic look.

Room was adequately sized and nice usage of the space hence you don't feel cluttered. Bathroom had a shower/bathtub combo which isn't my preference but only it seems only Junior Suites and above have standalone shower system.

Since the location is near the river, there is a complementary boat ride from the hotel to the nearest BTS station (by the river) which I always enjoyed while touring the city. There is also a public river boat station right beside the Sheraton which makes traveling to places like the Grand Palace and Wat Arun very convenient. Do take note of the direction of the river boat before you board.

My room rate did not come with breakfast hence didn't try out their breakfast buffet. Although I did order from their room service menu once and it was pretty average. Do note the orange juice was not freshly squeezed.

Staff were helpful and friendly hence made the stay pleasant.

Room Tip: All rooms face the river.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank lcpteck
Hua Hin, Thailand
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Sheraton was a spectacular place to stay. Even though our Sheraton card had expired, Reception reactivated it and upgraded us to a river view room, which was beautiful. A stunning bathroom ensuite was the icing on the cake. The dining staff at Feast restaurant were welcoming and friendly. And very attentive to our needs.
We arrived the day of the military coup, and while life seemed to continue as usual, and we saw little army presence, social media calls for protests and threats of army crackdowns meant we kept close to 'home' until we left for Hua Hin. The lobby bar was a comfortable place to rest and read. Again, lovely staff. And free nibbles! Wifi is free in the lobby.. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat and can't recommend it too highly. I didn't rate the spa below as we didn't use it. We had a massage at the shopping centre next door, accessible by a sky bridge.

Room Tip: We were on the 17 floor and the view from either side was stunning, but we loved the river view with...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DrKimP
Dear DrKimP,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful feedback with us. I’m happy to know you were impressed with the room as well as our hospitality. It’s very important for us to provide services that exceed our guests’ expectations. At the Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers we take service to another level. Thank you also for recommending our hotel to the others. I really appreciate it and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon. I wish you all the best in the meantime.

Best regards,