I recently had two short stays in this hotel and was very impressed with it.
My first stay permitted me to use the Towers Lounge on the 27th floor which had great views along the river and a good selection for breakfast. It also has free WiFi although only in this lounge. For my second stay, I took a standard room and had to pay for WiFi which is a pet hate when staying in expensive hotels, so I have knocked a point off my rating.
I really enjoyed the Thai restaurant, Thara Thong, and ate on the balcony there every night. Also the spa was excellent.
It is not too close to the main Bangkok attractions, however there is pier 3 for the river taxis just next door from which you can cheaply travel to the Grand Palace and Wat Arun area. I did walk from the hotel to the very interesting snake farm. Despite it being just over a mile, the heat and humidity at this time of year coupled with some crazy junctions that need crossing meant it was not a pleasant walk. However, if you want to take a tuktuk or taxi, I would recommend taking a short walk away from the hotel (or any kind of attraction) before hailing them as I found I could negotiate a better rate.
All in all, I strongly recommend this hotel but to get full marks, it should accept that WiFi is now an essential and provide it at no extra charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the legendary Chao Phraya River with exquisite views, we offer a pleasant combination of warm Thai hospitality and world-class service in a modern setting just minutes from Bangkok's business districts, entertainment, and attractions.Enjoy the refined style and modern comforts of a relaxing riverside hotel. Take time out at our two pools or book a spa treatment, discover exciting cuisine in our six restaurants and bars, or experience memorable events in 22 unrivaled function rooms.All 726 of our spacious guest rooms and suites boast spectacular panoramic river views. Revel in the warm, calming, and contemporary ambiance of these well-appointed accommodations, featuring subtle Thai style and the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Travelbag, Odigeo, Holiday Gems and Priceline so you can book your Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Royal Orchid
- Sheraton Bangkok
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok
- Bangkok Sheraton