“Excellent”

Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers
Ranked #70 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here 4 days on route to Koh Samui last July. We had eaten here before and regularly taken the water taxi from here when staying at another river hotel on a previous trip. Everything you need is right next to this hotel or a tuk tuk away. There was a fab tailors shop right next to it but I can't remember the name. The hotel interior is classic and pristine. We had a pretty quick check in and had a nice room. The staff were professional, friendly and helpful. We only had breakfasts and they were really good. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Rosh M, General Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear regulartraveller01,

Thank you very much for positive feedback. I am happy to hear that our service has very well exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. I look forward to your return and I wish you all the best in the meantime.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Had dashed out after a long day of meetings at the hotel to do some shopping. Get back on the shuttle boat....hot, tired and sore feet. Staff bring you a lovely cold towel and a glass of chilled water - exactly what we needed. This reflected the "little things" that can make a big difference that the hotel has thought about. Incredibly quick check in. Great little extras in the bathroom that you don't normally bother to pack from home, well informed and very helpful concierge staff. Proper coffee maker and more than enough complimentary drinking water in the room. When you go to breakfast, make sure you note it is on two levels or you will miss the fruit and breads. The egg station advertises fried and scrambled but they will do poached (very well) if you can wait five minju

Room Tip: they all face the river - request the high lift access rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was one of my favourite hotels this trip. The lobby was beautiful . It is designed in a very classy fashion & has a pedway is attached to a shopping mall. There are tailors & shops in the hotel & though they are not even close to the best deals you'll find it was nice to look. Great weight room located right next to the terrace pool. Though the garden pool below is nicer & has a lounge & vegetation the terrace pool seemed to get more sun & you could get pumped up in the gym & slip right into the water after. Nice looking restaurant though we never ate there . There is a water taxi terminal only steps away , we found that a way more efficient to see many places as opposed to by land. An extensive buffet, pack an appetite as it's difficult to sample all the great dishes offered

1  Thank CMacDRC
Rosh M, General Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear CMacDRC,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and for taking your valuable time to share your feedback with me. I am very happy to know you enjoyed our extensive buffet line as well as the swimming pools. I look forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you all the best in the meantime.

Regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights and had really lovely stay. The staff were so helpful and polite and the facilities - bars/ restaurants/ pools/ gym excellent. There was free wifi on the ground and first floor areas but not in rooms ( no major hassle there for me personally). Buffet style breakfast had the most comprehensive choice I've ever seen! We ate in the Thai restaurant one evening and the food was delicious and very beautifully presented although the wine was relatively expensive( but very nice). The second night we ate street food outside the hotel and that was excellent and a fraction of the price without the entertainment.
Easy access to public and tourist boats to get up and down the river ..never used the hotel shuttle service to central pier as it started at 10 am which was a little late .
Would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the river...higher floors give great views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn C
Rosh M, General Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Dawn C,

I’m delighted to know you were impressed with the hotel facilities and buffet breakfast. I’m also very happy that you would love to stay here again. Thank you for your positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We have just returned from our 7th stay at this hotel. We always stay with club benefits and it's well worth the extra money. Fantastic service, easy check in-out, great cocktails/ canapes and of course a view of the Chao Praya river from the 27th floor!
You do feel you belong, as the slogan suggests. Enjoy yourselves, we always do.

1  Thank bfk

Dear bfk,

Thank you very much for returning to our hotel for the 7th time! I am absolutely thrilled to find out that you have had a memorable stay at our hotel. It is very important for us to make our guests feel welcome so it made me very happy that our service exceeded your expectations. Thank you so much for taking some of your valuable time to share your review with me and I look forward to your 8th time return. I wish you all the best in the meantime.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We've stayed here multiple times over the years in both the regular rooms and suites. We had both in our most recent stay with friends. The rooms are all of a decent size and well appointed. Some have outstanding views over the river and nearby temples; the Executive Lounge in particular. You can admire the view from there whilst enjoying breakfast, high tea or the excellent hors d'oeuvres in the evening with a decent glass of wine.

The staff are very attentive and friendly. Their mastery of English varies more today than it did several years ago (when it was uniformly good), but you can always ask to talk to somebody else if you have a more complex request.

The pool in the Portuguese garden is an oasis in the city. It's of a decent size and you can get drinks or food at the swim up bar. The gym is well equipped.

The food at the hotel restaurants is of a good standard, particularly the Thai restaurant, which is beautifully furnished. The prices are comparable to those in the nearby River City mall and, in our opinion, of a much higher standard than those.

The journey from the airport takes about 35 min with no traffic.

The location is excellent - for the views and its close proximity to the river bus station (Si Phrya) - only 100m away. This enables you to get to or nearby the major attractions and avoid the usual Bangkok traffic jams!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Angliskai

Dear Angliskai,

Thank you very much for returning to the Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers and for sharing your feedback with me. I'm glad that you had a wonderful stay here and that you were impressed with the river view from your room and the club lounge. I’m also delighted to hear how you found our associates friendly and attentive and that you were particularly impressed with the Thai restaurant “Thara Thong”. Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I look forward to seeing you soon and wish you all the best in the meantime.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I spent two days there and it was good, nothing to complain about.
The breakfast is good enough nothing exciting but good, ah no cappuccino, this is bad for an Italian like me.

I don't remember if I had the wifi in room, but I don't think so.
anyway I suggest to buy a cheap True Sim card for 350 bath I was able to use internet for 3 weeks.

Room was nice big and clean.
The two swimming pool are nice, one face the river and is really romantic.
The restaurant Thai, was good but of course bit overpriced (2500 bath) compared with the other in the city, during the diner we had traditional dancer, this probably affected the price.
The food at the swimming pool is good and cheaper than the thai restaurant but of coarse is different also the location.
1100 bath for a beer club sandwiches and a chicken skewer.

The location is good for getting into a public boat, that with 15/20 bath brings you at the pier next to the grand palace.
As everywhere in Thailand bargain for prices ask taxi driver to use the meter if they don't get another one.
We booked a taxi from the reception to reach the airport early morning and it was asked me 500, I didn't complain but I knew the cost could have been 400.