“Best value of all Four Seasons while maintaining the standard”

Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #28 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 2 February 2011

I'm a 30-something high-end, frequent traveler. I spent four nights at the Four Seasons over New Years 2010, including two with my girlfriend. This is the 6th Four Seasons I've stayed at from NYC to HK, and the third in Asia. It's a ‘city hotel’, but retains a lush tropical vibe on the exterior and in the courtyard, and a Bangkok chic feel inside.

The most positive aspect of the 4S Bangkok is "Bang(kok) for the Buck" - $300, peak season, really? You'll never find a better deal, never ever, and if you do, please call me. Nothing about the hotel truly super-duper wowed me: the pool is beautiful but not amazing (like the W rooftop, in Kowloon), the view from the rooms is nice but not stunning (like the 4S in HK Harbour), the lobby is elegant but not overly opulent (like the Burj Arab fountains in DXB), the entrance drive is welcoming but this is not a grand entrance (like the Grand Hyatt next door). But this is the Bangkok 4S; it has its own vibe and even on a global scale, everything was an 8 or 9 out of 10. My 10 is a pretty high 10 as well, so we're talking well within the high-end range.

There was one exception to my non-wow'ness, something which continues to set the Four Seasons apart from other brands and that's the concierge. I arrived on Dec-29 with no plans for NYE, no plans for that trip to the islands which I had promised my girlfriend afterwards - really typically guy stuff where I think I'm just going to waltz in and somehow pull it all together. Well, I did! No superman feat on my part really, but all due the concierge at the Four Seasons who, within two hours of hearing my dilemma, had found options for NYE dinner and after-party (Bed Supper Club), tickets to to Koh Samui, and hotel options at different price ranges. I just gave a credit card authorization and let her do the rest.

To Ann, the concierge at the Four Seasons Bangkok, you really saved my butt on this one.

Highly recommended under circumstance and at $300/night, a total no-brainer.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RRH_Panta_Rei
Write a ReviewReviews (2,102)

Reviewed 20 January 2011

I checked into this hotel after staying one night in a nearby dump. This hotel met and exceeded all my expectations. From the moment I walked into the lobby (which felt like I was walking into a ritzy movie scene from the 1920s), to soaking in the sun on thickly padded lounge chairs by the gorgeous turquoise pool, to sleeping in the most comfortable bed EVER in a beautifully appointed room, and being waiting on hand and foot - always with a smile, this was a time of true pampering. While I can appreciate the finest luxuries life has to offer, I do not have the financial means to always do so. But if I am ever in Bangkok again, I will make a point of staying at this hotel. And the location is great - being just a one-block walk to the sky train which will take you wherever you need to go!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank packyourbagsagain
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Loved, loved this hotel. We were just arriving after the 20+ hours it takes to get to bangkok from Alaska and decided to splurge on the 4 Seasons for the first couple of nights. I don't usually think it's worth paying too much for a place I am just going to sleep in, but really, every penny was worth it. I have to admit that as a swimmer, the 50 meter pool was a fabulous way to start the day, followed by a sauna/steam and fruit and coffee in the spa. The concierge was great at helping us find our way around the city, and the hotel is conveniently located near the tram.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Our family of 5 spent 4 nights here from December 29-January 2. We had a very large room with 2 queen beds and one very nice roll-away bed. The bathroom is huge and bedding, toiletries, and cleanliness are great. The breakfast buffet is fantastic with many choices including dim sum, American, Japanese, and European dishes from which to choose. The afternoon tea in the lobby was very enjoyable. The hotel is beautiful.

The reasons we would not stay here again is the sometimes poor service and the internet. This is 2011 and free and easy access to the internet is expected, especially in a Four Seasons hotel. At 6:45 pm on the evening before our departure, I went to the concierge to ask about printing our boarding passes. He told me the business center was closed but that he could print them out for me. After trying to enter our passport and emergency contact information, he gave up because it was taking too long. He asked me to come around the desk to do it myself. I asked again if I could use the business center because I was annoyed and there was a long line of guests forming for the concierge. Finally, he made a phone call and I was shown upstairs to a room with 3 desktops. I had my boarding passes in 10 minutes. A hotel like this should have a 24 hour business center for it's guests to use.

Overall, the service in this hotel is OK, but not on par with a Four Seasons in the States, yet they charge US rates. On arrival at 4 pm, our room was not ready. After waiting for 20 minutes, we were told it was ready. When we went up to our room, the housekeeping staff was still cleaning our room. After waiting in the hall for 10 minutes, the staff exited the room and we went in. There was a pile of dirty towels on the bar and no clean towels in the bathroom. We called and requested towels and housekeeping came to our room with a tablecloth. This is not what you expect at a Four Seasons.

We did not like the location. When you exit the hotel, you are on a very busy street surrounded by huge, multi-story malls and that is about it. It is not pleasant to walk around. Next time, we will stay at one of the big luxury hotels on the river.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LynnDB
Reviewed 10 January 2011

We travel to Bangkok quite regularly for long weekends, and we have a number of favorite accommodations in the city. Four Seasons is one of them, for its fantastic breakfast and one of the best Sunday Brunches anywhere in the region. The staff at the restaurants are a good combination of being friendly, personable and professional. The rooms at the higher floors get good sunlight, and of course the Four Seasons beds are worth writing home about. The hotel is surprisingly tranquil- helped partly by a lovely inner courtyard- considering its location at the middle of the commercial center. It is also surprisingly child-friendly, with lovely little amenities for our baby (incl. a baby sleeping sign for the door).
One of the few areas for improvements would be the internet access, esp. considering the hotel's clientele. While the hotel has excellent high speed internet, guests are asked to pay approx. USD 20 per computer (we had two PCs) for 24 hours access... We strongly feel that this is not appropriate in this day and age, also considering that many, many hotels in BKK offer complementary internet in the rooms.
This final point aside, I would recommend staying at the Four Seasons, and do try the waffles for breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2011

My husband n I spent a nite there n Christmas Day n had a wonderful Christmas Day dinner at their Italian restaurant- Biscotti...They had a University choir whom had just won a National singing competition go around the different hotel venues singing carols. Very memorable n enjoyable nite..Mattress was not as good as other Four Seasons Hotel that we had experienced...Breakfast quality was so so, disappointing after such a delicious dinner..Would stay there again for sure..

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2011

My husband and I stayed in this wonderful hotel for four nights, and it was absolutely wonderful. The staff are wonderful. My husband didn't even need to refill his glass of beer, the staff fill it if it is getting low. Spoilt? Yes, definitely.
The hotel lobby is beautiful. We had afternoon tea on the day we arrived and it was wonderful. Well worth the money. There was musicians playing in the corner while we enjoyed not only the food, but the hotel,and the music. It really did feel like paradise.
We stayed in a Deluxe room, which was beautiful. The bath was quite deep, which was lovely, and the toiletries were very nice. (There were even toothbrushes and toothpaste left in the room, if you needed them.) As well as the toiletries and water, the fresh fruit was replenished daily, which was a lovely touch.
The hotel is conveniently situated just across the road from the Sky train, which is a wonderful way to get around Bangkok.
Breakfast. So much to choose from! American, Japanese, European, Chinese and Thai! What more could you want?! Looking at the wide variety of food available, I struggled to choose. The selection I had was very tasty, including the mushroom omlette, which is made to order. (Fill in the card on the table and your eggs, cooked however you'd like them, arrive quickly.)
No complaints about this hotel. It's beautiful to look at, stay in, eat at, and sleep in. If you're lucky enough to stay here, lucky you!
Only downside is the price. Beware, we found the internet quite expensive for the little time we used it. The hotel itself is quite expensive, but then again, this is the Four Seasons Hotel, you are treated wonderfully, so if you can afford it, go for it. Enjoy yourself. We did!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple