“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #58 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
England
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed 30 April 2011

We stayed 2 nights here and couldn't fault the hotel or its staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them . We ate in the Panorama restaurant both nights and the service and meals were superb and reasonably priced. Our room was large and full of modern comforts - the combined bidet/toilet caused some amusement.

4 Thank AEAEngland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I travel InterContinental properties and this is my second time visiting Crowne Plaza after them taking over from Pan Pacific. I could feel that they made huge effort to ensure Priority Club guest is well taken cared.
Everything was good but if I were to make suggestion, they need to change iron.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Graduate1
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Lumpini on a recent long weekend trip to Bangkok and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The location is terrific, just a few steps away from the Silom Skytrain station, which makes it the perfect base to explore the city without having to rely on taxis or tuk tuks. The location is very convenient as well if you plan on doing some shopping at the surrounding night markets and if you want to hit the nightclubs in Silom.

We stayed at a Deluxe room and were more than pleased with it (the bed was amazing!). The bathroom was rather large for hotel standards which is always a plus.

We had dinner at Panorama and loved the views, the service and the food! Even if you don't stay at the Crowne Plaza on your visit to Bangkok, you should definitely have a meal at this trendy restaurant.

Finally I want to thank the staff who were very courteous and polite without being intrusive and looked after us really well. We are frequent visitors to Bangkok and have now found a new home away from home!

5 Thank sydops
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Stayed at the newly opened Crowne Plaza in Bangkok which was previously known as Pan Pacific Bangkok. I was pleasantly surprised by the changes and effort put into the rebranding and renovation of this property....Simply fantastic, refreshing and trendy hotel!

Me and my partner simply loved our stay there over the weekend. We especially liked the swimming pool on the 24th floor which helped beat the heat, our very spacious sized Deluxe Room was just delightful. The breakfast was great and was pleased that they actually served warm croissants....One of my major pet peeves is hotels that serve cold bread/pastry. Our stay was topped off with warm and welcoming Thai hospitality. A definite must stay at this property if you want to be close to hip and trendy in Silom!

4 Thank StickBeak
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 19 April 2011

We landed very tired and got finally to the hotel were the staff memeber received us with great smiles and professionalism!

Anything we did ask and requested was offered to us as if we were the King and Queen. I have been delighted to stay in this hotel, the location is fantastic and all the advice offered by Hotel memebers were very valuable!

I indeed will come back again if I get another opportunity to travel to this fun and smiley country!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lola0812
Alicante, Spain
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I had stayed at the Intercontinental the night before and because there where 5000 bonus points up for grabs as the Hotel has only recently opened I booked and got a great room on the executive club floor.

The restaurant and bar is jaw dropping as the backdrop is the Bangkok skyline so make sure you have a few drinks there at night, I did not eat in the restaurant but it looked great, the buffet allowed you to select your meats etc and have them cooked to your liking.

If you book a Club floor room you get free wifi and access to the Club lounge that serves canapes & free drinks at night and in the morning you have a free breakfast that includes made to order omlettes (I had 2) also they had dim sum, and thai style breakfast also sausages, beans toast etc, excellent coffee and the orange juice was very nice and the charming ladies that run this lounge are so keen to make you comfortable, they kept refilling my orange juice and even asked if I wanted to watch a paticular TV channel. There is a computer with printer in the lounge that is free to use and very handy as I do not travel with a printer and needed to print off some docs.

Tip : As the Hotel only recently opened ask the conceirge desk to give you one of there cards with the address on it when going out.

The Hotel has a BMW 7 series at the disposal of guests (Not sure on cost) and mini buses and sedans, the guys on the conciege desk and the guys that open the doors and welcome you when you arrive or leave really go that extra mile to ensure you are ok, my driver who was collecting me had mistakenly gone to the Holiday Inn and was running late and the concierge guys found me as my driver had called the Hotel, they then suggested I relax on the lobby couch.

If you want to be in the best part of town opposite Lumpini Park then this is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Try the omlettes in club lounge
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank No7Agency
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Just got back from a short holiday in Bangkok and i was very delightful and happy with the service at this hotel.
The staff are really very friendly,from checked in till i checked out,the experienced staying in this hotel is just great.I really felt at home.
The rooms are just fabulous.Spacious,clean and beautiful.
The Japanese Restaurant on the 22nd floor are just brilliant.A lot of choice and the taste just too good to describe.
Love the location of this hotel as i can walk almost to everywhere and it is just next to the BTS.
I am looking forward to stay in this hotel on my next visit to Bangkok and will also encourage my friends to experience the wonderful service that this hotel has provide.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends