“Excelent stay”

Ranked #61 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
“Excelent stay”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

It is an amazing, elegant hotel. I felt a bit strange when I entered in shorts, and most of the people were in suits, but it was not a problem of course. The rooms are very nice, comfortable. Definitely try the outside pool and the jacuzzi. It is opened till 22:00 and you have an amazing view from there. The staff are helpful and they speak very good english.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice over Christmas and New year, it was only meant to be once but I was so impressed with the hotel I cancelled my other reservation and came back here.

The first observation is do not be put off by the building when you are dropped off, the hotel starts on the 22nd floor. The hotel is like a tardis and the glass lifts that are located on the 22nd floor will let you appreciate the size of this hotel. The hotel is very clean and the design is modern and crisp. One tip, go club. The club experience is amazing, there is a dedicated floor for breakfast, afternoon tea and drinks from 5 -8pm. The setting of the club area and club rooms are on the very top floors with the rooms offering pleasant views. I was upgraded to Club deluxe and the room was clean, modern and huge. The club staff are very attentive, especially "oil and Woody" who were friendly and professional, they could not have done more for my wife and I. The food was better than I expected, I stay in a lot of hotels and the breakfast served here was one of the best I have ever experienced. Club will cost you more but if you appreciate a nice glass of wine, believe me the cost is worth it. The swimming pool area is clean and again the staff are very attentive. The location of this hotel is right in the centre of the action a 5 minute walk will transport you into the real Bangkok, with night markets, restaurants and bars. The sky train is only a 2 minute walk if you want to go further afield. I will definitely book this hotel on my next Bangkok trip.

Room Tip: If you book club ask to be upgraded to club deluxe.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Andrew C
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Andrew C,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, and for taking the time to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I really appreciate the kind comment regarding your stay you had with us, and in particular the club lounge and breakfast experience.

In this day and age people are very quick to criticize and not so quick to compliment particularly about the team. Comments such as yours are of tremendous value to the team and you may rest assured that your compliments will be passed on to the team.

I will look forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit to Bangkok.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Lumphini Bangkok in January and February 2012. I had a club floor room each time. The Rooms are extremely comfortable and accommodating in every way . The club floor staff saw to my every need and could not have been better. There are more luxurious hotels in Bangkok but for value,service, comfort and location this hotel is one of the top hotels on my list.

Room Tip: The club floor is worth the extra charge. Wonderful breakfast, afternoon cocktails for several hours...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jonathan L
Dear Asiaxpert,

I was delighted to read that the level of service from our club lounge team went beyond your expectation.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stayed here over new year and to celebrate my partners birthday. The staff were brilliant especially OIL in the club lounge.. Our room overlooked the pool, with some fantastic views.. the beds were so comfortable I missed a day of sight seeing to just lounge in the room.! Would definitely recommend staying in this hotel.. Everything was perfect and a fantastic start to the new year - Thank you

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Wannabejetsetta,

I really appreciate your comments regarding your stay you had with us and in particular the fabulous view of the city from your room as well as the extraordinary services from our team member at Crowne Plaza Club Lounge.

Comments such as yours are of tremendous value to the team and you may rest assured that your compliments will be passed on to the team especially Ms Oil.

hong kong
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Clean n comfortable room, friendly staff, good location only 5 mins from BTS station. supermarket, restaurants and massage shops in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: room facing lumpini park has better view n more quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Jody24,

I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and please be assured that I have shared your feedback with the team here.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 February 2012

My family and I stayed six nights in two deluxe rooms. As I am a priority club member, I had requested an upgrade since I booked two rooms and staying 6 nights. The reservation supervisor was kind enough to honor my request.

The hotel was in a superb location, less than 5 minutes walk to the BTS and only two stops to the main shopping area and only few stops to the station on the river. The BTS is the quickest way to travel, much better than sitting in the Bangkok heat in a taxi!

My family and I spent a week in Vietnam prior to coming to stay at the Crowne Plaza and we had accumulated about 3kg of washing, Laundry at the hotel was so expensive, A$3 to launder a pair of undies! I spoke to a lovely lady called Miss Dao, not quite sure which department she works in as I just dialled ''0'', she was very helpful when I told her my predicament and also there is no such thing as a coin laundromat in Bangkok. She managed to find a place that comes and picks up your laundry from the laundry and delivers it back to you for 200 baht for a 4 kg bag of washing!. It was a bargain and it was fabulous, we got our washing back nice and clean before the end of the day. Excellent service from the hotel!

The only gripe I have of the hotel is the water pressure from the shower is quite low, considering the shower head is huge!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, and for taking the time to give us your feedback on the TripAdvisor.

We are really appreciated your comment, as a Priority Club member we are always honor our loyal guest with special treatment and thank you to your compliment to our team member Ms Dai who shown the exceptional level of service.

In regards with the water pressure we already raise this up with the Director of Engineer to follow please reassure that this shall not reoccur for your future visit.

We are forward to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park.

Helsinki
Reviewed 5 February 2012

CP Lumpini Park has to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. Recently renovated and very helpful staff!

Located just a few minutes from the Skytrain so it's easy to tour all the major sights and "to-do's" of Bangkok.

Room Tip: All rooms are located rather high so the noises of the city is no problem!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank pyge
Dear Reviewer,

We are really appreciated your comment, on the exceptional service from our team member along with the hotel facilities such as rooms and the convenience of location to get around Bangkok in our hotel.

We are forward to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park.