“Great place with cool atmosphere, and good value for money!”

Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park
Ranked #60 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great place with cool atmosphere, and good value for money!”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I like the new set-up and design for the Crowne Plaza Hotels and I have to say that this place in Bangkok is a true great new Crowne Plaza! The service was genuine and caring, without beeing to intrusive or to much.

The room was spotless and spacious, as well as fully stocked with amenities you may need.

There is a small pool terrace with good service, and always space to relax at a sun bed as well as a decent fitness center. Massage room was also good and had

You can have a quick coffee or easy lunch in the coffee bar by the entrance. Location is good if you want to visit Patong (we hated it) but there is some shopping places around as well as a SkyTrain next to the entrance. There is also an McDonalds, Hägen Daz Ice Cream Bar, Boots and Seven Eleven just outside.

I also think we got really good value for money, both room itself with all amenities but also bar, restaurant and other services. For be one of the chain hotels, this is almost a boutique hotel feeling even if it is large. There was a great corner of the bar which served the best cocktails and evening canapees. This was on complimentary basis as Priority Club Platinum member.

Only thing that I would prefer is an more international restaurant in the evening. We tried both the Chineese (very good) and the Latino - but really no place to have a curry or a Club Sandwich.

I also stayed at the InterContinental in Bangkok and it was also great. The only difference between this places is that InterContinental might be more elegant, but not better in quality, here they are the same where you pay less for the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 29 January 2013

January 29th 2013, 30 minutes waiting for a room (2pm check-in). 29th floor twin beds while booked for King. Non smoking room but cigarette smoke coming out from bathroon ventilation conduit. Smelly room. Drilling and hammering during day time (renovation noise from 31st floor). Very lound band performing in the middle of the hotel throwing demently high decibels to all floors and rooms until 10pm. Room service well under average. There are soo many great hotels in Bangkok working hard to deliver fantastic value for your money. Stay away from Crowne Plaza Bangkok. I checked-out on next day and moved to Dusit Thani located just next door, calm, relaxing, tropical, high end cuisine, at last

Room Tip: Stay away there are soo many greater places next door
1 Thank Alexxair
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our TripAdvisor review. We were distressed to read that some aspects of our service did not meet your satisfaction. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

As part of the continuous improvement and commitment to the Hotel, it is with regret that we are now in the process of upgrading our facilities and this had caused a bad experience during your stay with us. Regarding the loud music of the band, we had a Relaunch Party of Panorama's new concept and we regret the disturbance this had caused you.

Furthermore, I have taken notes on the experience you had with our room and room service. Please be reassured that these issues will be discussed in our Management Team meeting and further actions will be taken place in order to avoid the repetition of such scenario in the future.

Once again, thank you very much for bringing these causes of unsatisfactory to our attention. We will address these issues seriously. We truly look forward for a chance to serving you again to regain your trust with us.

Yours sincerely,
Unchalee Uraisint
Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. All the staff, front desk, bar, restaurant, was excellent and helpful. The breakfast is excellent. We had a free upgrade and our room was very nice. The location is good, just beside the sky train station, so you can go anywhere easily. I recommend this hotel if you have a good price.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Thaiger1
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2013

This is just an amazing hotel. Reception was on the 23rd floor. Very friendly reception staff. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so we were upgraded and given a fantastic room on the 32nd floor. The room was large and very well decorated. The bathroom was separated from the bedroom by huge glass windows, which had electronic Venetian blids for privacy. It had a walk-in shower with 2 shower heads and a large bath tub. His and hers sinks, a host of complimentary toiletries. The separate toilet had a range of electric buttons for the flush and other intimate cleaning functions!!
There was tea and coffee making facilities. An iron and board, and a safe. Plenty of storage space and hangers.
We had drinks in the finishing post bar on the 23rd floor which had great views over the city. Drink prices were fairly reasonable for the standard of hotel. The hotel is also in a very good location. 5 minutes walk from the night Market at Patpong.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Aalborg, Denmark
Reviewed 23 January 2013

As a platinum status member, I was upgraded to the junior suite. The room was very modern with nice aerial views of Bangkok. The staff were lovely. The hotel's location is ideal to nightlife and within walking distance to the sky train station. The breakfast was lovely and the staff in this hotel are highly professional...This is the way all hotels should be run. Despite a closed club lounge and on-going renovations, the management in this hotel, know exactly how to look after their guests, inform them of disruptions in advance and make amends and reparations for any small inconveniences. The service on this visit was exemplary from the...the management, this hotel is properly managed by its General Manager Mr Mark Winterton and his team. One would imagine that excellence in hotel management is universal, amongst top four and five star international hotel brands but it is not, in fact, it is a very rare commodity indeed. I spend as much time each year in hotels, as I do at home and I estimate that only one in ten of the hotels in which I stay are well managed. So, thank you Mr Winterton and I hope that my travels bring me back to your hotel very soon, so that I may once again enjoy that brand of care and personal service, which is fast disappearing from even the most renowned hostelries.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 January 2013

As a platinum status member, I was upgraded to the junior suite. The room was very modern with nice aerial views of Bangkok. The staff were lovely. The hotel's location is ideal to nightlife and within walking distance to the sky train station. The breakfast was lovely and the staff in this hotel are highly professional and polite. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. This hotel puts to shame some of the Intercontinental hotels, in particular Intercontinetal Kuala Lumpur. I think the staff and management of Intercontinetal KL should learn customer service from Crowne Plaza Lumpini park Hotel Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 17 January 2013

The service on this visit was exemplary from the bar staff, to the restaurant, the pool, gym and the laundry service, all were superb, I cannot praise them enough for their politeness, charm and concern for the needs of their guests.

I am not renowned for over the top, or overly sympathetic reviews, so my praise for this establishment is hard earned and why is this hotel so good; position, room size, facilities such as pool, gym etc? No, although these are all excellent; it is the management, this hotel is properly managed by its General Manager Mr Mark Winterton and his team.

Room Tip: Best rooftop pool I know, take in the relief mural and the plant pots; only in Bangkok!
1 Thank Philip B