“Top breakfast”

Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park
Ranked #62 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a mix of good and bad siding just on the good side

Good
Location
Great breakfast (one of the best)
Big brand

Bad
Overpriced
Very surly unhelpful staff and managers
Sometimes noise from lobby due to layout

All in all the good outweighs the bad but expect basic service at check in

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza Lumpini Park in October 2012.

The hotel used to be the Pan Pacific, and we have stayed there many times with good experiences. Sadly, under the current Management, the hotel has deteriorated badly.

On our October visit, the guest room was not cleaned properly and had cockroaches in the bathroom.

The food was average and overpriced.

Service was below the standard of other Bangkok hotels.

Never again for us- Avoid!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write us a review. I am very disappointed to read about the unfortunate incident you experienced. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

At our hotel, we do pest control in all guest’s rooms once a month to ensure about the cleanliness of all rooms. However, I will bring this issue to the pest control company to do further investigation on this incident to make sure that this will not happen again in the future.

Once again, thank you very much for bringing your unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention and we truly hope that we will have a chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

The former Pan Pacific hotel on this site was a tired old hotel, with a great location and big rooms, but really showing its age. Crowne Plaza has done a very nice renovation job on the site and the result is a high end business hotel in a great location.

Rooms are fresh and well appointed (although smaller than I remember under the Pan Pacific badging). Fixtures are to a high standard and the bathrooms are well done.

The hotel location is its best feature, two minutes walk from Silom/Suriawong.

Service is very ethusiastic, a little too so at times (I don't need the minibar restocked and the towels replaced an hour after arrival!). The tech guys were in my room within minutes and stayed until they sorted out my IT connection issues (they could not have been more helpful).

The renovation was still going on and there was a bit of construction noise throughout my stay - nothing too bad, but the persistent whine of drills nevertheless.

Overall, very good. A little on the pricey side, but very good.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matt873
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Warning!! Don't book here until after the renovation is finished!!

I have been a priority club member for quite awhile and have yet to rate one of their properties this low. This is an great hotel in a great location! The lobby is on the 23rd floor of the building, the MRT and BTS stations are just a few minutes walk so very good in that aspect.

The king room I had is spacious with a nice work area. Bathroom is also nice. My room was on the 29th floor facing the main road (Thanon Rama IV) and the traffic noise below was definately noticable.

I had read about the renovation noise from the other Trip Advisor reviews and was certainly a bit leery. When I got off the elevator and stepped into the lobby on the 23rd floor the first thing that hit me was the strong oder of paint. The front desk also re-warned me of the renovation work. I thought OK - a bit of noise I can handle it. Well - the noise was more than just a bit and I happen to be there the day they were painting - not just a roller on the walls, but a full blown spraying operation. The paint was hanging in the air all the way from the lobby through the upper floors of the atrium. It was chokingly bad! The hall rails, doors, etc had a thin white layer of overspray that had drifted down from the upper floor where the renovation was taking place.The only saving grace was that the ventilation in the room is isolated from the main atrium, so even though you could smell the paint in the room (or maybe it was coming off my clothes?) it was not circulating in the AC. It was so bad they could not put out the regular dinner buffet and cancelled dinner. The place was a ghost town that evening.

OK - so I can understand maybe they did not plan for such a bad issue with the paint. I head to the bar that nigh, am the only one there, order a glass of wine, get my drink, and never hear from the waitress again. I finish the drink, hang out for a bit, and finally head out. They are sitting behind the bar just texting away, said goodbye, and went riight back to their phones.

Just to be clear though, the remainder of the staff I interacted with were very attentive and courtious.

The hotel itself is a really nice place and in a prime transportation option location. I will probably give it one more try next time I am in BKK.

Room Tip: Get a room facing opposite the main road that runs along the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bconwayOU
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback on your recent stay with us.

It is our disappointment to read your comment and that you did not have a good experience with us. As part of the continuous improvement of the hotel, we are now undergoing the Club Lounge renovation to improve facilities for our guests. Regarding the smell from the paint, it is with regret that we had issues with the exhaust system on 9 February 2013 which caused the smell throughout the hotel. We are now working closely with the contractor to ensure that the exhaust system work effectively to minimize any causes of inconvenience.

I also noted your point regarding our Bar team, please be assured that I have shared this information with our Food & Beverage Manager to handle this issue and make sure that such incident will not happen again in the future. I am extremely sorry that you left with such a poor impression of the hotel.

Once again, thank you very much for your narrative comments and we truly look forward to welcoming you back to regain your trust with us.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I like the new set-up and design for the Crowne Plaza Hotels and I have to say that this place in Bangkok is a true great new Crowne Plaza! The service was genuine and caring, without beeing to intrusive or to much.

The room was spotless and spacious, as well as fully stocked with amenities you may need.

There is a small pool terrace with good service, and always space to relax at a sun bed as well as a decent fitness center. Massage room was also good and had

You can have a quick coffee or easy lunch in the coffee bar by the entrance. Location is good if you want to visit Patong (we hated it) but there is some shopping places around as well as a SkyTrain next to the entrance. There is also an McDonalds, Hägen Daz Ice Cream Bar, Boots and Seven Eleven just outside.

I also think we got really good value for money, both room itself with all amenities but also bar, restaurant and other services. For be one of the chain hotels, this is almost a boutique hotel feeling even if it is large. There was a great corner of the bar which served the best cocktails and evening canapees. This was on complimentary basis as Priority Club Platinum member.

Only thing that I would prefer is an more international restaurant in the evening. We tried both the Chineese (very good) and the Latino - but really no place to have a curry or a Club Sandwich.

I also stayed at the InterContinental in Bangkok and it was also great. The only difference between this places is that InterContinental might be more elegant, but not better in quality, here they are the same where you pay less for the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2013

January 29th 2013, 30 minutes waiting for a room (2pm check-in). 29th floor twin beds while booked for King. Non smoking room but cigarette smoke coming out from bathroon ventilation conduit. Smelly room. Drilling and hammering during day time (renovation noise from 31st floor). Very lound band performing in the middle of the hotel throwing demently high decibels to all floors and rooms until 10pm. Room service well under average. There are soo many great hotels in Bangkok working hard to deliver fantastic value for your money. Stay away from Crowne Plaza Bangkok. I checked-out on next day and moved to Dusit Thani located just next door, calm, relaxing, tropical, high end cuisine, at last

Room Tip: Stay away there are soo many greater places next door
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alexxair
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our TripAdvisor review. We were distressed to read that some aspects of our service did not meet your satisfaction. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

As part of the continuous improvement and commitment to the Hotel, it is with regret that we are now in the process of upgrading our facilities and this had caused a bad experience during your stay with us. Regarding the loud music of the band, we had a Relaunch Party of Panorama's new concept and we regret the disturbance this had caused you.

Furthermore, I have taken notes on the experience you had with our room and room service. Please be reassured that these issues will be discussed in our Management Team meeting and further actions will be taken place in order to avoid the repetition of such scenario in the future.

Once again, thank you very much for bringing these causes of unsatisfactory to our attention. We will address these issues seriously. We truly look forward for a chance to serving you again to regain your trust with us.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. All the staff, front desk, bar, restaurant, was excellent and helpful. The breakfast is excellent. We had a free upgrade and our room was very nice. The location is good, just beside the sky train station, so you can go anywhere easily. I recommend this hotel if you have a good price.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple