“I love it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“I love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

It's quite late review of my stay in August 2013. I love this hotel. Great service and great staff - Club Lounge team and night concierge who used to recommend us the best places in Bangkok.

I highly recommend this hotel and looking forward to be there on my next trip.

Cheers

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park as your accommodation. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay. We will hope to welcome you for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

First stays here on arriving and leaving Thailand this trip, 2nights both times. Hotel well up to expected standards for a Crowne Plaza. Hotel occupies the top 10 floors of a 34 story building built in a triangular shape. Reception, Lounge, restaurant staff all very polite, helpful and good. Easier/quicker to walk the 20m to main road and stop a taxi than ask concierge for a taxi. I was a little put out being told to walk to MTS, when I asked concierge for a taxi!

As an IHG platinum elite treated very well here, received room upgrade and lounge access both stays. Once upgraded to Deluxe instead of club floor room, checkin advised deluxe rooms a bit nicer/bigger, and having seen another guests club floor room, that is true. The other time a Junior suite upgrade

Deluxe room :-
Comfortable King bed with nice pillows, sheets, slept very well. Aircon quite quiet and worked fine, large flatscreen TV with good channel choice. Usual work desk+chair, chair+footstool, plenty of storage, the wardrobe acting as a room divider to bathroom, with both bath and a separate shower.

Junior suite : -
A slightly larger room, on the point end of triangle on each floor. as such not rectangular like normal rooms. Split into living room, sofa, table, desk+chair, bureau, 40inch+ tv. Partition separates bedroom area, with usual king bed, and another tv, plus chair/footstool, wardrobe, and similar to deluxe wardrobe partitions bedroom from bathroom. Again separate bath + shower, plus his+hers sinks. Their is also extra toilet/wash basin off living room.

Both room types have usual safe, coffee facilities and minibar, both had a view towards Lumpini Park, and being on high floors, 26-30 , no nearby buildings can see into ones room which with all the high buildings in Bangkok is not always the case.

Pleasant large Lounge, no outside views though, helpful staff, some nice evening nibbles and a good evening drinks alcohol selection. You can also have breakfast here, although less option/choice than having restaurant breakfast. I tried both, and as not a big breakfast eater, both were fine for me, the restaurant has plenty to choose from.

Nearby:-
+ Out of hotel, left 100m, left again, 100m is the famous Patpong night market
+ Out of hotel right, 200m is both MTS (underground) and BTS overground train stops

As a comparison, well worth considering here to some other hotels I have stayed in Bangkok, not quite a 5* like Intercontinental (where I often stay), but rooms definitely 4* plus, and I preferred CP rooms to say Conrad Sukumvit Exec rooms although Conrad Lounge offering is better. I will definitely stay here again, even if just a last night for patpong night market before flights home
(last time I used Holiday Inn Silom for my patpong visit, as I did not know the CP is even nearer)

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are bigger/better than clubrooms on club floor, if possible take Lumpini Park side. If...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank scuba_in_the_sun
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for being our IHG Rewards Club Platinum Member!

It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and I am pleased to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We are very grateful for your recognition towards our effort in providing quality service and facility. This certainly spurs our team to further strive towards achieving excellence. We look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was on business trip & during initial curfew days needed to stay in Bangkok . This was very nice place stay . Night market was near , lot of food joints near by , wood fire pizza , Mac-d , Local food stall as well as international brand . Rooms are very good . breakfast was one the finest ever. The Vegetables prepared for me by the chef was awesome. Hotel service & staff is too good. Internet speed & connectivity is good.

Room Tip: Rooms away from lift
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am most pleased that you have enjoyed our service and facilities during your stayed. It certainly encourages our team to continuously seek for improvement upon current experience. We look forward to welcoming you again for another excellent experience in the not too distant future.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I first came to the Crowne Plaza hotel near Lumpini Park when I inquired about accommodating a large group of study abroad students from the US. I was given a terrific, well-rounded tour of the various areas of the hotel, including a scenic swimming pool, conference rooms, a stylish bar, dining areas, recreational facilities and much more. The rooms themselves are superb; aesthetically pleasing and boasting spectacular views of the city. I was highly impressed with what I saw, and certainly recommend the Crowne Plaza hotel for anyone looking for a wonderful stay in the heart of Bangkok.

I must also give a special thanks to Susanna, the intern who showed me around the hotel. Her friendliness, helpfulness and dedication to her work is praiseworthy, and made for a memorable, informative tour. I wish her the best of luck in all her future endeavors!

Room Tip: Don't let the news of the protests or military personnel stationed in Bangkok worry you. The cit...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park as your preferred choice and I am most delighted that you have highly rated our customer service attitude. We appreciate your recognition towards our effort especially to our STAR Susanna. It will be certainly our pleasure to have you back for another GREAT hotel experience in the near future.

Chonburi, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Last year I stayed about 120-nights in BKK. I have stayed in all the IHG flagged hotels and this hotel offers the best perks for Platinum/Ambassador members. Was given a room upgrade to a suite, lounge access and a welcome gift of a stuffed elephant.

The front desk staff Knot was very polite and checked us in quickly and answered all our questions. He spoke excellent english and also japanese. The location of this hotel is near both BTS and MRT stations. The view from the rooms is nice. The rooms are slightly dated, however they make up for it with incredible service. This was a very pleasant surprise in the middle of Bangkok. Thank you!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mattfs218
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for being our IHG Rewards Club Platinum Member!

What a pleasure to learn of your GREAT review here on TripAdvisor! The team at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park joins me in extending our gratitude for your appreciation towards our service, especially towards our Superstar Khun Knot. Taking your positive review on board, we continue to strive towards achieving excellence in service. It will be certainly our pleasure to welcome you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Wemmel, Brabant, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. Staff was very friendly and helpful. As an IHG reward member I received complementary Wifi access and fresh fruit platter. Also made use of the airport shuttle who was in time. Breakfast could have been more western (bigger focus on Chinese and Japanese guests). Didn't make use of the massage salon as there are plenty of massage parlours just around the corner for 10x cheaper! Close to shopping mall with good restaurants. Starbucks around the corner. close to public transport (didn't make use of it as I walked everywhere or took one of the cheap taxi's). 35 minutes from airport. Excellent bed and pillows! (pillow menu available) Room service also very quick and very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view on the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for being our IHG Rewards Club Member and we appreciate your sharing the experience with us. This certainly encourages us to continue to strive towards achieving service excellence. Nonetheless, taking your feedback on board we will continue to seek for improvement upon our current service and facility. We look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The location is great as its at the center of the city and easy to move around because of proximity of the train and is near the major roads. Its a business hotel, its perfect as the room as a lot of power outlets, and the internet access is very good. Breakfast buffet is very good, the staff are also very helpful in ensuring you get what you need. I suggest however that they put more scents at the lobby, as its at thr 23rd floor, and just beside the main dining, and theres no ventilation, as soon as the lift opened, i can smell some fish.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Wendy V
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am glad that you have enjoyed the location, service and facilities of the hotel. Thank you for your feedback and we will ensure to seek for improvement where necessary. The team at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park will look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you again.