“"Fabulous Songkran Weekend Experience"”

Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park
Ranked #69 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at Crowne Plaza Lumpini over the Songkran 2014 weekend. The hotel location made it a perfect choice to stay during the festive Songkran festival as it was just literally around the corner from Silom Road, where most of the water festival took place.

The hotel room was fantastic, it was on the same floor with the club lounge. It had an amazing sunset view of Bangkok. The bathroom amenities were also great. One of the best features of the hotel room that I like was the state of the art toilet bowl. It was just fantastic. Plus, I could really see how the hotel kept their efforts towards greener and more sustainable hotel by many features. Automatic lighting at the building was one of the prominent ones.

The breakfast area on the lobby floor was great. My advise is to have a seat at the outdoor smoking area to have a fresh air and fantastic view of Bangkok skyline while having your breakfast.

Overall, I am giving this hotel two thumbs up for great facility, strategic location and service.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review of Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park here on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed hotel's service and facilities during the Songkran festival. This certainly encourages us to continue to strive towards achieving service excellence. Nonetheless, taking your feedback on board we will continue to seek for improvement upon our current service and facility. We look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,145)

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night.
MRT Silom is a bit more closer Exit2 & BTS Sala Daeng Exit5.

Booked with rewards night and they upgraded me to Deluxe room and access to the lounge as IHG Platinum.
During my stay, tried spa and they offer 30% off for the rewards night stay. I just say "Wow" here.
And quality of spa was also great.
So much benefits!!!

To be frank, I never thought this hotel for my stay in BKK. But they definitely changed my perception.
Great service and wonderful platinum member treatment here.

Stayed: July 2014
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for being our IHG Rewards Club Platinum Member!

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us, in particular the club lounge benefits and the quality of spa. Taking your positive review on board, we continue to seek for improvement upon our current facility and service. We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were only in Bankok for one night and we wanted to experience "one night in Bankok". it was in the middle of a Coup so we wanted it to be safe too.

We had caught a taxi there and were met and greeted with a smile and a helpful hand. More importantly the staff looked safe and helpful.
Check in was quick, easy and painless.
We got the feeling that the staff loved working here.
Spoke very good English and very helpful.
The building is a little on the old side but has been kept well and a sense of grandness prevailed. We loved the feel and look of it once inside.
The room we stayed in was clean and mostly tidy. Small but we expected it.
The only negative was that there seemed to be a bad smell in the hallway..?
The club room was pleasant and the free canapes and cocktails was just lovely. Once again the staff were great here.
The pool and gym were great to use. Clean and not over crowded.
Breakfast was one of the best we've had and I've stayed in many five star resorts like Marina Bay Sands. A great variety of food that looked and tasted fresh and healthy.
The location was as expected. Right in the middle of the action, a little hot and crowded and a touch of smog. What do you expect really.

We loved the stay and would stay again for sure!

Romm and Rhi from Perth

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rommhulio

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to learn that you had a lovely experience of the hotel service and facilities during your recent visit. On the other hand, I would like to extend my apologies for the unpleasant smell that you had encountered. The team at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park strive towards improving by learning from constructive feedback like yours and I would personally like to look into those matters concerned. We look forward to welcoming you back soon in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a great hotel . Great staff and clean room.with all conveniences.Not far fro m a 7/11 Very close to hotel and many restaurants Public transportation is also nearby. GET A GOOD PRICE AND yOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

Room Tip: Good description of location.Taxi drivers in Bangkok NEED A GYPSY WOMAN (GPS.)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank notmuchifnotDutch

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your support and also for taking the time to share your experience via TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed our service and also the convenience of our location. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have recently stayed here for 6 nights and on the whole the process was extremely enjoyable. I chose to have one of the non renovated rooms as I found the renovated ones not to my liking. The old rooms are spacious with grand old furnishing but also two very positive aspects. One is the walls are thick so one does not experience television sets too loud or the voices of couples in throes of ecstacy flooding into one's dreams. And a great bonus, a lighting system which is easy to understand! One does not need a degree in rocket science to decide how to switch off the light in the hallway when lying in bed and the bedside light is a dream, reachable and adjustable with ease.
The lower lobby entry smells of sewage as do the lifts from that floor up to the reception at 23 level. I think this is a problem of Bangkok rather than the hotel and the odour I fear will never disappear. The main reception is in a gloomy area and I feel sorry for the reception staff sitting there all day - I think I would be driven to suicide if I stayed in that area more than one day. I only used the bar on one occasion and that was the rather attractive bar to the left of reception, with the lovely leather settees and chairs and a rather attractive painting on the wall by the entry. However I fear that the management does not seem to have the same appreciation of the painting as I do as 30% of the painting is covered by a rather over large television set which was not on and apparently does not work anyway. So why bother having the monstrosity there in the first place? The dining room is attractive at breakfast time, with a fairly good spread for breakfast and lovely attentive staff but the problem here is the design of the tables. The middle of the support of the table is that when one sits down there is nowhere to put one's legs, either tucked under your chair causing you to sit some distance from the table edge with a nice gap into which one can drop one's scrambled egg or indeed any of the other delicacies on display in the buffet ,or the alternative of this position is to spread-eagle one's legs on either side of the table support and look like some sort of gangster minus a cigar.
The staff in reception are pleasant and the concierge staff are variable at smiling and opening doors but if I was woking in an atmosphere of sewage stench I too would be variable in my meeting/greeting efforts.
However to sum up, the simplicity of the lighting system wins and I will return, if I'm allowed to!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park and sharing the experience with us on your recent stay. We most appreciate your constructive feedback and we continue to seek for improvement upon current service and facility. We hope to have another pleasure of welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

A member of IHG so try and stay with the brand but this was a slight disappointment.
Strange arrangement with reception on the 23rd floor, not always clearly explained to new arrivals with two separate sets of lifts.
Nice room but had to request items not left by housekeeping. A fridge set to maximum but just not functioning.
Breakfast looked incredible with 3 cooking stations but - nothing was as it seemed, the egg station was so disappointing and the chef managed to mess the order up every morning.
Location in Bangkok was ideal near to the night market, bars etc.
Be careful - taxi drivers (always make sure the meter is ON!) have no idea where the hotel is so always take the full address if staying here.

Room Tip: Selecting a 'non-smoking' table for dining or drinking at the bar is immaterial as all the d...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LawrenceSalvoni
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor and we most appreciate your constructive feedback. It is certainly disappointing that you had encountered the unpleasant experience from your recent stay. We will be sure to take your review on board in ensuring we provide up to standard to our guest. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to welcome you back for in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

It's quite late review of my stay in August 2013. I love this hotel. Great service and great staff - Club Lounge team and night concierge who used to recommend us the best places in Bangkok.

I highly recommend this hotel and looking forward to be there on my next trip.

Cheers

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park as your accommodation. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay. We will hope to welcome you for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.