Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park
US$115
US$179
US$172
1,191 results
All reviewsthe club loungepan pacificihg memberpatpong night marketroom upgradesala daengthe upper floorsmain restaurantquick checksilom areabusiness tripexcellent hotelconcierge staffrooms are largefantastic staywelcome drinknight life
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This hotel should be very proud of its staff! Check in was flawless at the club lounge and Mr Ja and his team immediately made me feel at home. The club superior room was well equipped, although on the small size for my taste, it had plenty of storage space and a very comfy bed. Housekeeping was outstandingly good throughout my four night stay. Each day I took advantage of the pool on the 24th floor, which was spotless and very quiet. Plenty of choice at breakfast.... I tried both the club lounge and the main restaurant during my stay and particularly enjoyed the freshly prepared Thai noodle soup. Evening cocktails and canapés served so well by the super friendly club team was the highlight of the stay! I was on floor 31 and was not greatly inconvenienced by the renovation work, but I suppose anybody wanting to sleep during weekday mornings may experience a problem. A great value hotel in a great Silom/lumpini location....I will be back. Thanks again to Mr Ja and all his team...good job!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for the kind compliments on our facilities, location and service towards our housekeeping and especially to Mr Ja and the club lounge team. The team at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park joins me in thanking you for recognizing our efforts and we look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have stayed here before and always enjoyed the Crowne Plaza very much. I arrived on an early flight from Iceland having been flying and in transit for 36 hours. The reception staff were wonderful and found me a room. It was only then however that they informed me there were hotel renovations and I might like to use some ear plugs!

I was badly jet lagged and needed sleep. Despite the ear plugs the noise was pretty unbearable. Also, despite being on a non smoking floor my room, 2718, smelled of cigarette smoke especially the sheets.

I was only there for one night but it was disappointing despite the lovely staff and high quality of service. I think they should have told me of the renovations at the time of booking. I booked through the IHG site directly.

Room Tip: Check to see if the renovations are still going on before booking.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor and your continued support by choosing to stay with us during your recent visit. I regret to hear of your frustration in regards to renovation noise and I would like to apologies for the disappointment that you had experienced. We are aware of this challenge as our hotel have recently upgrading for the guest rooms. Our renovation work will take place from 9.30am till 6pm with a break from 11.30am till 2pm and there will be no noisy work during the weekend and Thai public holiday. Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back again during your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Recently stayed there during a weekend break on the month of July. Booked 2 rooms with my family.
The reception staff were very helpful and got me a room that was side by side and had an third door outside both rooms which could be closed, hence allowing both rooms free access to each other privately and securely. I thought it was a very useful feature.
One of the rooms had a slight cigarette odor to it, and when we informed the staff, they promptly came up to try to address it by using air freshener. It did not quite get rid of the smell but top marks for effort.
The mini fridge in my room was not working well (not cold) and we called for maintenance, they adjusted the temperature and asked us to see if it turns cold. Reception is also very prompt and called back to ask if the fridge has been repaired, so I informed them that the repairman came up but I can't tell if the fridge will turn cold yet. As it turns out it did not get cold, but we did not bother to ask them to change it as I used the other rooms fridge instead. The team who replenished the minibar also did not notice our fridge was not cold for 3 days, so that could have been improved.
Besides that, they had a very nice bar at the lobby where their welcome drink included a list of cocktails, including long island tea. I thought that was very generous of the hotel.
Breakfast was also excellent, the service is up to a 5 star hotel standard.
The hotel is very centrally located, just a short walk to the subway and the sky train. If you want to take the sky train, there is a exit by the back of the hotel that cuts through a building and ends up to the front of Thaniya Plaza. You can head to the skytrain to the left from there and its a much shorter and pleasant walk. For Golfers, walk into Thaniya Plaza and you will find its a golfers paradise, nearly all the shops there are selling golf related gear.
In front of the hotel on the right lies Lumpini Park. If you are staying there on the weekends, I suggest you might want to visit the park in the morning. There are some interesting local food there which is worthwhile trying.
All in all it was a very pleasant stay, rooms are spacious and clean, hotel is centrally located, and the staff are genuinely nice and friendly.

Room Tip: If you are booking 2 rooms, be sure to ask them for one that has a third door outside that you can close so the 2 rooms can be connected. It also adds space to your rooms!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor, it is through your feedback that we are able to continuously improve our service standards and facilities. I am disappointed to learn that your recent stay was not up to expectations in certain areas and would like to apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. While I am happy that you found our reception staff was helpful with the prompt service, rooms comfortable, convenience location and excellent breakfast. Your feedback is important to us and we will certainly be taking immediate action to address our findings. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back again during your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The Bangkok Lumpini Park is one of the most efficient and friendly large hotels I have ever stayed in. From the moment you arrive the staff are eager to help make your stay comfortable. I got off a 12 hour flight at 1:00 in the morning and walked into my room at 2 am - nothing could have been more welcome! Although I was only there a few days the concierge desk quickly learned my name and greeted me. Particular thanks to Mr. Kob - the Concierge Team Leader - who oversees a great team and gave me some solid recommendations of things to see in Bangkok, set up a tour for me, etc. My room was exceptional, a large comfortable suite. It made it tempting to just stay in the room. But the hotel is right in the center of the Bangkok scene and a perfect place to explore the night markets, clubs and restaurants in the center of town. The restaurant and bar have amazing views of the city, exemplary service and truly excellent food. And the workout room and pool are great. The hotel is currently undergoing some renovations so when I booked and arrived they warned me that during certain hours of the day there would be some noise. They were right! - the noise was intense on my floor in the early afternoon but stopped promptly at the time they indicated. This wasn't an inconvenience at all: in fact, perhaps because of the renovations, the hotel was not crowded with people - and was otherwise peaceful and quiet throughout. I only wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: You may ask when you book about the renovations taking place if you have concerns. But as I wrote, this might only an inconvenience for people who need to sleep during off hours.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park!

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful stay with us here on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you had an overall positive stay for both service and facilities, in particularly the service from Mr. Kob. Taking your positive review on board, we continue to seek for improvement upon our current facilities and service. I appreciate your kind recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back once again.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Had a very good experience there, room was nice and clean with no nasty surprise, very helpful staff.
They have everything you need, there is gym, sauna and they also have a lovely pool on the 23rd floor i think :)
So overall i would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Higher as possible so you can have a good view of bangkok.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronnie D
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park and I am pleased that you have a good experience of the hotel for both service and facilities. Taking your positive feedback on board, we will definitely sharing this feedback with the team and continue to strive towards achieving excellence. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back for another memorable hotel experience soon.