“Good Location” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #107 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

New Hotel (Soi 26) by Hilton. Good Location , 10 min. walking from / to BTS Station. A little bit pitty without Exective Lounge in this hotel. However we expect a new Hilton (Soi 24). Hotel explained Gold / Diamond Member(s) who stay at this hotel can access to Lounge of Hilton(Soi24).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

HiltonSukhumvit, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Yasuhiro N

Sorry for the delay !
We have taken your advise and now for HHonors and now have evening cocktails at Moasic. I hope we see you there on your next visit !

Regards

Chris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I stayed here two different times the last two weeks while on holiday. The hotel is conveniently located near the BTS line. Only a couple of blocks walk down Sukimvhit to Soi 26.

Rooms are clean, nice and modern. There is no mini-bar in the room, but there is a small refrigerator and a safe. The hotel has a nice music oriented decor in the lobby. Old radios mounted on the walls, a decoration of old cassette cases on a wall.

Service is good at the front desk and with any inquiries I had. Housekeeping was attentive and provided what I needed. I only ate in the restaurant twice. Food was good, service was a bit spotty but not bad.

I can't comment on the rates since I used my Hilton points to stay here, but I'd certainly consider staying here again if I was returning to BKK. It was pretty quiet since it's off Sukimvhit.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor, and ask to be away from the elevators.
1 Thank Dean M
BKKSS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Hi Dean M,

Thank for your feedback !

Great to hear you enjoyed our Food and Beverage, I will be sure to share with the team !

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

This hotel is a little over a month old. I could tell adjustments were still being made. Check in was excellent. I arrived early in the morning and staff did not make me wait until check in. They also allowed me late check out due to me having a flight that left early in the morning. Housekeeping...absolutely awesome. My room was spotless daily. The cleaning was consistent. Turn down service superb. I love the fresh orchids in my room daily. Included were fridge and water. Wi Fi is free only in the public areas. That was not very convenient so hopefully that will change as time goes on. I was not impressed with the quality of the food. The staff in the restaurant could use training on customer service. I ask for a copy of my charges and was told more than once I would have a print on my hotel bill when I checked out. Somehow I couldn't get over to this young man that as the consumer, guest in this hotel that it was his job to make sure I had what I ask for. In room service was a challenge in that my food was brought to me without a cover on it. The food was also not hot. More than once I was charge an incorrect price. That turned out to be more of a discussion than I wanted to have as staff and I went back and forth on the price of a dish I ordered. I felt it was his job to make sure he knew the price and if not, he should have checked, not argue with me the guest. Some of the staff could use more english lessons... Fridge in the room and water daily. Wi Fi free only in public areas. Perhaps later the hotel will make Wi Fi available in the room. Overall, It was a good experience aside from the restaurant and restaurant staff.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

HiltonSukhumvit, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Sharron H

Sorry has taken me so long to get back to you !
Glad you had a good stay so early in our life here at DoubleTree. I am pleased to say we have been continuing to grow and the team has developed in confidence and the level of service we are providing. The are spreading the DoubleTree CARE culture !
We look forward to welcoming you back

Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

The view is amazing, the food is EXCELENT, the staff is five stars.
All is perfect!
I stayed at 9 floor and the room is amazing, clean, all new, the bathroom is like a Paradise....it´s diferente and beautiful.
I LOVE ALL MINUTE :))))

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mariana M
BKKSS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Hi Mariana M,

Thank for your feedback !

I am very happy to hear that you have a good time with us, I will be sure to share with the team !

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Recently spent three glorious nights at this brand spanking new hotel. Very luxurious and well appointed. Plus only a 5 minute walk from the Phrom Phong BTS station which makers transport throughout Bangkok super easy, even from the airport.

The room was very clean and had a super comfortable bed. Also a great view of the city skyline. Best breakfast in town, even better than my recent stay at the Bangkok Conrad. The pool is a bit small, but still super nice with chairs to relax in the shallow water area.

All the staff are super, they are still learning as the hotel just opened recently, but offer great service. The management team is very visible to ensure that everything is going well, and that any hiccups are taken care of immediately.

I really enjoyed my stay and would stay here the next time I visit Bangkok! Plus the neighborhood has plenty of places to get massages and even a fun Korean BBQ near the BTS Station.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view!
4 Thank Joshua P
BKKSS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear wdwparkboy,

Thank for your feedback !

Great to hear you enjoyed our hotel, I will be sure to share with the team !

Looking forward to your next visit.

Regards,

Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Compare to price, room is small but new, clean. Location is very convenient and easy to accesss BTS Phrom Phong. But there is no lounge and no upgrade for Hilton Gold or Diamond Members. But instead of these benefits, they offer 1 of 3 substitutes, complementary meals or Complementary Wine or Late check-out by 10 PM.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Kiwan Y
Dear Kiwan Y

Great that you enjoyed your stay !

Regards

Sri Lanka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

May 16, 2013

Dates stayed / reason:
Stayed from May 10 until May 15, business with a few days of R & R

Guest / Writer Details:
I am a Hilton Honors Diamond, have previously only ever stayed at a Doubletree once, in Beijing. Business and leisure traveller, business person, normally stay with Conrad Hotel when in Bangkok. I noticed Hilton were opening a new hotel under the Doubletree brand on May 1 so decided after 12 consecutive stays at Conrad I would give the new Doubletree a whirl. I love the Wireless Rd area of Bangkok as it is very central to everything so was keen to see what it would be like living a little further out.

Hotel Details:
The Doubletree Bangkok is newly opened ( May 1 ) and the first of this brand in Thailand. After my experience at Doubletree Beijng 2 years ago, I thought I would try it for this 5 day business trip. The location had an almost local feel outside, a bit away from the sleezieness and touristy Sukhumvit Soi 11 areas. I liked it a lot. A Tops Market within 200m and the BTS only 300M away.

Check - in:
I arrived in BKK at 7am in the morning from CMB. Making my way to the hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 26 I was not really expecting to be able to check in immediately. Even though the hotel was full the front desk manager was brilliant. I was offered a coffee while she sorted it out for me, I was watching and could clearly see they were struggling to get me a room. But they came through. They could not offer me the normal Diamond upgrade but I was grateful for even getting a room at this ridiculously early time. I was taken to the room on the 14th floor by the Front Desk Manager and shown the room facilities. Apologies were given for not being able to do the upgrade, didn’t really care, I was thankful for having a room with VERY early check-in

The Room
The room I stayed in on the 14th floor ( #1408 ) which is adjacent to the elevators. The rooms are brand new, state of the art and the beds are AMAZING! Whilst the rooms are relatively small. More than adequate. The connectivity is first rate ( although a little slow ) the air conditioning is excellent, the bathroom is a bit small but how much space does one need? Love the sliding doors on all sides of the bathroom which enhances the feel of airy, light and openness of the small rooms. Neutral tones throughout, excellent shower space offering normal and rain shower heads. The amenities are good ( Citron brand ). The linen is all new and fluffy and plentiful. Marble floors are fantastic giving the overall feel of the rooms being quite light and airy. The bar fridge has no alcohol but is easily ordered with room service.

Facilities:
The Room: Loads of connectivity points, great beds, small bathroom, great space in shower area, flat screen TV with 25 channels, brand new linen.

The Hotel: Pool ( small ) on 7 but funky design, doesn’t have an Executive Lounge, restaurant / breakfast area is quite huge with spacious seating but certainly not enough seating for peak times ( see breakfast review ). There is free wi-fi connectivity in the public areas of the lobby. Wi-Fi in the rooms for Diamond and Gold HH members is free but THB 450 for non HH members. The hotel lobby is airy, light and funky and gives a great first impression. There is memorabilia throughout the hotel public areas such as 50’s and 60’s transistor radios, not quite sure the relevance, I didn’t quite get it. But who understands current design! The pool is a bit on the small side but adequate.

Staff:
In a word, fantastic. So helpful, openly offering assistance without being OTT ( over-the-top). Very helpful from front door through reception through room service through house keeping. English spoken throughout without exception.

Breakfast:
This was the one grey area for me. The restaurant is spacious and the seating is spacious and comfortable. But its quite spread out and does not actually seat a lot of people. If the hotel is full, it will be a MAJOR struggle if everyone decides to have breakfast at the same time. The cuisine options are great, from juices through cereals, through traditional Western and Asian breakfast. Open from 6am until 10.30 am
( 11am on weekends ) I had breakfast quite late on 2 mornings and most of the hot food items had run-out and were not replaced. On my last morning, by 10am they had run out of fresh milk for coffee and when I asked for milk was advised “we only have soy milk”. Not a biggie but could be an issue for someone more pedantic than I. On the upside, the Hotel Manager was constantly wondering around, welcoming and greeting guests, having conversations, checking amenities etc. The other criticism would be the slowness in cleaning up after a guest has left. I arrived one of the mornings at 10 and had to wait 15 minutes for one of the tables to be cleared. I ended up doing it myself to help out. They’ll sort this out in no time I am sure.

What you will love:
• The new-ness,
• The linen in the rooms
• The friendly and efficient staff
• The location ( easy to airport highway!)
• Did I mention the staff?
• The design of the rooms which gives a feeling of airiness, lightness and openness.
• Very soon, Hilton opens adjoining this property and guests from both hotels have access to all facilities
• The competitive rates

What you may not love:
• The breakfast facility is a bit “hit & miss”
• The internet connection slowness
• The standard rooms are quite small, OK for 1 person but would be a bit tight with 2 or more in a room

Check - out
Check out was seamless. There was no waiting. Front desk printed out my account and on review I noticed a charge incurred that was not mine. It was checked, dealt with and removed without any fuss. The doorman had already arranged a taxi for me and I was I the taxi and on my way within 5 minutes. Exceptional.

Overall:
A really nice and pleasant experience helped by a great staff and a really cool location away from the Bangkok sleeze and masses. Sort out the breakfast area, maybe a small executive lounge would be beneficial for your business traveller guests.

Would I recommend it:
Highly.

Out of 10:
Comparatively: 8 / 10
For rate paid: 9 / 10

Room Tip: Get away from the elevators, they have a really loud floor by floor "Door Opening" and &qu...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
20 Thank robdubluu
Dear R0bdub,

Thank you so much for taking the time for all that feedback !

As you know we just opened not 1 month ago and the level of detail you provide is great for our team to go back and see what is working well and what we need to look at again. Really fantastic ! I will be sure to share with the team and look forward to the next time you come by.

Regards,