“Excellent location and superb service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
Ranked #83 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Excellent location and superb service”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The best part about doubletree by hilton, sukhumit soi bangkok is it location. 3 minutes walk from BTS station is it well connected by all main locations on Bangkok. If you dont feel like taking the metro tell the helpful staff they will arrange a colorful cab for you in minutes. The buffet breakfast had plenty of choices. The room were decent and well kept. Will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have better city views.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
BKKSS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok for your short break and reviewing your stay on TripAdvisor. Your kind comments on execellent location and superb service are very much appreciated.

Taking good care of our guests and making them feel valued and cared for are at the heart of our efforts so I’m delighted you had a comfortable and relaxing stay and felt well taken care of by our staff.

We are looking forward to your return.

David Ecija

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I like the room design,just simple,comfort and connective. The swimming pool is very nice maybe not swim just have some drinks and reading. Breakfast is as good enough from western to eastern selections. Bed is great comfort.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

BKKSS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit and the fabulous rating on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and were impressed with the service and hotel facilities.

We looking forward to see you again soon.

Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I absolutely enjoyed it as it was home like experience - the warm cookie, great king beds, amenities and the location all contribute to great experience.
Get hotel concierge to recommend you some activities. You won't regret some tailored experience!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok.

We are delighted we met all your expectations and trust that you returned home feeling relaxed and recharged.

It has been our pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Location, location, location! This hotel is ideally located close to shopping, tourist attractions, restaurants, and the business district. Good size rooms, wonderful hospitality, excellent food, outstanding service! Highly recommended for work & pleasure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting the DoubelTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkokand sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Despite some of the shortcomings you mention in your review, I can see that overall you had a rather pleasant holiday and will recommend our hotel.

We thank you again for your valuable feedback and hope to see you back again in Bangkok soon.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have rated this a 4 but the staff should get a 5. My husband and I stayed here, for 4 nights at the beginning of March and 2 nights at the end of March, let me start by saying, the staff make this hotel what it is, everyone single employee from the security men, to the top management are amazing, everyone greets you with a smile and are very professional.

We arrived in the morning and were allowed to check in right away, our suite was located on the 23rd floor which was very comfortable and covered all your needs, the wifi was extremely fast. The lifts however did cause a little confusion as they were not explained to us, you have to swipe your room card in the lift for the lift to operate, if you do not do this you will never get to your floor!! The breakfast was buffet style and it was very good, Asian and western food choices, they did however run out of bacon at 9.15am one morning and we were told no more was available.

The location of the hotel is ideal, it is about a 5 minutes' walk from the Emporium Mall, and 5 minutes from the Sky train station.

I did enjoy the swimming pool, which has beach chairs sitting inside the pool which was nice, there is a complimentary happy hour for gold members at the Mosaic lounge, again the staff here were exceptional, we did however encounter a little problem, we ordered some food, and my husband had the French onion soup and when he got to the bottom, there was a label in the soup, that had obviously fallen off something, the food and beverage manager did come and see us and apologised and no charge was made for the meal, I must also point out, when we returned at the end of the month, the Saturday the hotel held a Phatfunk party at the pool from 1pm, which was over flowing with young people and loud music until about 7/8pm, so if we wanted to use the pool at that time, we would have stood no chance, not quite sure if I liked that idea.

We would however use this hotel again, should we return to Bangkok, but I would make sure it wasn't a day of a Phatfunk event.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nclemad
BKKSS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your preference and taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I’m delighted you enjoyed the services and facilities and had a pleasant and relaxing stay with your husband at our hotel.

Once again, it is very gratifying to learn that our staff played a decisive role in enhancing the guest experience. With their expertise and dedication, they are truly committed to delivering excellent customer service, often going above and beyond all expectations. I will certainly share your feedback with all the teams as I’m sure they will feel encouraged and inspired to keep excelling in their duties.

However, I regret that the Phatfunk party at the pool caused such an inconvenience. Please rest assured that these issues will be addressed with the relevant managers and teams for improvement.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and I’m very much looking forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit again very soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I am really starting to think the Doubletree brand is my favourite within the Hilton family. Like the one in KL, this one is superb in so many ways. From it's amazing location in the heart of Bangkok, to the well appointed room, amazing art work all over the walls in the lobby and restaurant, inviting outdoor pool, and for me - most importantly, wonderful service. As I get out of my hotel-reserved limousine from the airport at the hotel, I am warmly greeted with 'Welcome, Mr. Blackman' from a lady running down the steps to assist. At check-in I receive a thorough explanation of the Diamond benefits available to me and am told of my upgrade to a suite because of my loyalty and status to the Hilton family. And of course I receive my warm Doubletree cookie which is the brands trademark welcome gift to all guests. As I am taken to the elevator I begin to notice the unusual artwork on the walls - a collage of radios; sculptures and abstract art literally everywhere. Makes a huge difference to the usual drab foyers and hallways. My suite is on the 22nd floor. It is a generous one bedroom with separate living room; 2 huge flat screen TVs, Espresso-type coffee machine; and all the usual amenities you would expect. I also find a mini bird cage with welcome macaroons and chocolates which is a lovely touch. Complimentary drinks are served from 6 - 8pm for Gold and Diamond HHonors members at the pool bar on the 7th floor, and I order a couple of dirty Martinis and a noodle dish which I eat by the pool. The next morning after a well deserved deep sleep, I eat my complimentary breakfast at the ground floor 'Mosaic' restaurant. It is stunning from an artistic perspective - framed art literally gutters the walls and beautiful netted lights dot the ceiling. The food is quite good and replenished regularly. A great stay and highly recommended - especially for only 20,000 HHonors point for a free night!

Room Tip: Ask for a Suite room if available!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by HIlton Sukhumvit Bangkok and the excellent review on TripAdvisor.

We are indeed proud of our service standards and delighted that you enjoyed your time with us
and felt very impressed by our hotel facilities and so well taken care of by our staff.

Thanks again for your feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I felt that the size of the hotel, an atmosphere, material or coloration of the interior were very good. Public space, guest rooms were able to spend it comfortably. When I visit Thailand again, I want to choose this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to receive such amazing feedback from our valued regular guests!

It is our pleasure to serve you and we all look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok soon.