“Great Hotel for every occasion”

DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
Ranked #81 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Los Angeles, United States
“Great Hotel for every occasion”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Situated at the heart of Bangkok, I would recommend this hotel for every occasion. Easy access to BTS and such, you can get around town in minutes. The room is extremely clean and staffs are more than friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Reasina S
BKKSS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton and honouring us with such a kind review on TripAdvisor.

We are thrilled you had an exceptional experience and were mostly impressed by the friendliness and dedication of our staff.

Thank you for your endorsement and we are all very much looking forward to your next stay with us.

David Ecija

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference which was done in Hilton next door.
Starting from making reservation and reserving airport transfers - the staff was very accommodating in terms of my requests.
My arrival was very smooth and was taken directly to my room, and the staff was very friendly and polite and very courteous. Information given was very helpful.
Went to pool areas and Mosaic for evening cocktails - another great venue and good food and helpful staff.
Meeting breaks were very artistic and innovative.
Tried Italian restaurant for 2 melas at hilton very good. Food and service.
Breakfast at Deelite was great - a nice spread of items which are normally used for breakfast.
Service again was very friendly.

Location of hotel is A bit inside of city and traffic is some times bad due to busy office hours.
Recommend to use metro and BTS as it is very easy, convenient and the stop for BTS is 5 mins walk away from hotel.
Options for restaurant are good around the hotel also.
Lots of massage places decent ones.
Many bars in the locality for enjoying evenings also.

I would highly recommend the place for business of leisure stays.

Room Tip: Get a room facing pool side and if you can pay extra for executive floor room upgrade at Hilton with...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
BKKSS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the DoubelTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok and the excellent rating on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you had a wonderful experience and are recommending our hotel to other travellers.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated by the whole team and we would certainly all love to have you back again soon!

Irvine, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Another excellent hotel in Sukhumvit.
Staffs were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable.
BTS station and Emporium (has a wonderful food court, ideal for a quick bite) are located within a walking distance.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Double Tree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok and your endorsement on TripAdvisor. It is such a pleasure to receive another excellent rating!

I’m delighted you enjoyed the service and were particularly impressed with the room cleanliness and our bed.

The whole team joins me in thanking you for your encouraging feedback and we all very much look forward to your return.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Though I booked with a travel agent who charged at a very low price, I managed to get upgrade because of my HHonour Gold Card. As such, it's good value for money to me. It's also an enjoyable experience to study. The location is very convenient for a very good Thai massage shop. Can't wait to share with others.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Double Tree by Hilton Sukhumvit and the excellent rating on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you had a wonderful experience and are recommending our hotel to other travellers.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel from 26, Aug to 28, Aug with my friends. Location: Just be careful for massage shops near by. They are not really massage shops.... otherwise, location was perfect. It was quit but still near downtown. Price: it was just amazing. I'm not sure if it is trend in Bangkok. However, the room service price was below international average (As cheap as local Thai restaurants). Facilities: except E/Vs, hotel facilities were seems brand new and clean. Service: Perfect. The Massage suggested by concierge team was great. It was one of the best massage I had (I believe that the name was Oasis spa or something)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok for your recent short break and excellent rating on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and especially the hotel facilities and our staff.

Hoping to see you again really soon!

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here 4 nights with points + cash. I am Hilton Gold elite member. It was pretty good the first night and the first morning. There was an American cook teaching all other people around and a nice staff handling things well. After that day, the quality of food and staff is not good anymore.

I got no upgrade in room type. I feel pretty disappointed on that on. Also, the bathroom without bathtub is ... kind of weird...

However, the house cleaning is one of the best I have ever seen. Get us right things and help to reorganize things without bothering me and my girl friend. I also like its bed. It was really really really comfortable.

Overall, it's good experience. However, in comparison to other doubletree hotels, this one is not that good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ypwalter
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent holiday at the DoubelTree by Hilton Sukhumvit.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and were particularly impressed with the room cleanliness and our bed experience.

However, I was disappointed to learn that the break didn’t quite measure up. I sincerely apologise for this shortcoming and have passed your comments on to our executive chef to ensure that we improve the quality at breakfast

Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we hope you will be returning again soon for a more relaxed holiday

Tamuning, Guam
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have stayed in hotels all over the US, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Asia. The staff at this hotel is the best and friendliest I have ever come across. We had a 4 AM departure from the hotel scheduled. I advised the front desk the night before, and they offered to prepare some breakfast boxes for us, free of charge. We took them up on it, and there was plenty of food for all 4 of us. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and your excellent endorsement on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted you were impressed with the hotel service and facilities.

Thank you for commending our staff. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the entire team and thank them for their continued commitment to ensuring the overall satisfaction of our guests.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.