“Excellent 5 Star, Personal service”

Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel
Ranked #20 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The local name had originally made me think it was a local hotel.
Yes it is run by the people at Le Meridien.
Yes, the standards of all facilities at the property from doorman to reception staff (even at a 1am check-in) to breakfast to porters are all very good.

I was made to feel very welcomed.

It is close to a the BTS Skytrain which makes it convenient to get away to some other location if there was a traffic jam just outside due to rain or whatever Bangkok throws at you.

Room Tip: What can I say, all rooms seem nice
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Edster88,

Thank you for sharing such kind feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Our hotel is indeed managed under Le Royal Méridien Brand and we are delighted that you felt that our facilities and service were all very good. More importantly, we are thrilled that our associates made you feel very welcome as exceptional service is what we strive to offer all of our valued guests. Our close proximity to the Ploenchit BTS Station certainly does provide a quick alternative to the sometimes heavy Bangkok Traffic and I am glad that you were able to may use of it.

Thank you once again for your positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel for another memorable stay.

There are newer reviews for Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel

Reviewed 11 October 2013

After leaving Bali in the midst of the airport closures due to APEC and leisurely afternoon flight being turned into a sleep deprived 3am flight, the Plaza Athenee was an oasis of calm. Early checkin was no problem and the whole checkin was seamless. A thousand thanks to the staff at this point!! The service from staff never faltered for our entire stay, nothing was ever too much and this made our first stay in Bangkok much easier to enjoy. Rooms and amenities are excellent including fitness and pool area. Than you again, we will be back

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Scott E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

International travel can at times prove to be quite stressful and tiring and I am delighted that my team went the extra step to ensure your stay with us was that much more comfortable and enjoyable. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team to recognize their efforts. Our lagoon styled swimming pool does indeed provide a fantastic area to relax in and we are delighted that you appreciated it.
Thank you once again for sharing such positive feedback. We are all looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to your oasis of calm in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

A magnificent property. Lucky I get to check in on the club floor, wonderful experience in the hotel having kept a profile and really taking an interest in wanting to know whats going to make your stay great!

Its the attention to the detail and to the benefits of p members that I really like, they don't skimp and why should they for the small amount of money for "sweet dream" chocolates, the upgrade to the suite if they aren't being used, the fabulous club lounge and its cocktail hour, the best breakfast in any hotel I've stayed. I love this hotel for its revitalizing mode I leave it in, the hour in the hour in the squash court, the gym the swimming pool.

this property has got a great team, its not often you come across hotels these days with teams you can say are great from top to bottom. This one for the time being is the great one!

As this is not my first review of this property this year, i have taken the time to add some photos that i haven't previously,

The gym here is very well equipped, its got all the gear for great workout!

the pool is great for really good laps, its not short like most.

The restaurants are great as always, try the thai restaurant

Room Tip: upgrade to suite!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear mike m,

First of all we would like to thank you for your continued support of the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing such a kind review on TripAdvisor.

Receiving such positive feedback from a valued guest like yourself is indeed inspiring. I feel privileged to work with such a great team and your kind comments provide a true testimony to all the efforts they put forth each day. We are thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed using so many of our facilities here in the hotel, such as our lagoon styled swimming pool, our extensive fitness center as well as our award winning Smooth Curry by Chef Jasvier which serves authentic Royal Thai Cuisine. We would also like to thank you for posting so many photos of our property, as they say, a picture speaks a thousand words!
Thank you once again for sharing such positive feedback, the team and I are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed early October for business. Great hotel. Rooms clean with outstanding amenities. Staff pleasant. Bit of a hitch with company pre paying for room. Ate at hotel for breakfast and two dinner buffets.....outstanding !
A few minutes from skytrain and that is also cheap and efficient. Puts London Underground to shame!
Would highly recommend hotel and also suggest that staff order you a taxi.....a quarter of the street price.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear thebaxters12_9_09,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is indeed a pleasure to know would highly recommend our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted that you found our associates to be pleasant and that you thoroughly enjoyed not only our signature Le Méridien Breakfast in the Rain Tree café, but that you also enjoyed our Themed Dinner buffets as well. I will be sure to share your kind feedback with the team. We are also delighted that you found the location of our hotel to be convenient, only minutes away for the Ploenchit BTS station.

Thank you once again for sharing such kind feedback, we are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Plaza Athenee Bangkok in August for a solo stay that turned out to be too short, considering how much I've enjoyed my time spent in this magnificent property.

Due to the nature of my work, I was well aware of how the operations work and was not expecting to have a more than smooth check-in with my room being ready way before the check in time. My check in experience at this hotel was not only pleasant, but rather personalized and felt sincere, as I was humbly greeted by the Front Office Manager and received mini hotel orientation by a Japanese Guest Relations Officer, whose names I have unfortunately forgotten. I also recall Bell staff being extremely courteous and chatty as I was waiting for my bill to be prepared upon check out.

Pool area is spacious, not too crowded but not too deserted either, providing a decent amount of sunshine throughout the day. The pool staff was polite, smiley and was good at recognizing my Starwood employee status and engaging me into a pleasant banter in regards to what we had in common. I really appreciated the non-robotic approach they had to guest experience.

The hotel itself is aged in comparison to some of the newer hotels in the area, but impressively well-maintained and distinguishable by its timeless luxury that is particularly obvious in the lobby area.

Rooms were decent in size, quiet and equipped with a decent number of TV channels and in room dining menu options to keep me entertained. The bathroom was not impressive, but more than functional and clean.

Refined luxury and pompous feel of the hotel, in synergy with the humble, yet natural attitude of the staff and service provided would definitely make me choose this hotel for my future stay.

I warmly recommend it to business travelers and families, whereas couples and honeymooners might want to look elsewhere.

Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear JayJayAroundTheWorld,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing such a detailed experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations with our sincere, personalized yet professional service. We believe in serving with style and your feedback certainly reinforces all the efforts our associates put forth each day. Our lagoon styled swimming pool does indeed provide a fantastic haven within this exciting city and we are thrilled that you enjoyed the facility. I would like to inform you that we are planning to initiate a soft refurbishing in our guestrooms early next year in order to ensure that our guests continue to experience the high standard of facilities.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback and recommendation. We would love to have the pleasure of your company at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel during your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

During my stay at this hotel to attend a meeting, I always get a satisfactory service. Rooms are super clean and well-equipped room amenities. Fresh fruit delivered every day and and chocolate / sweet cake delivered every night, is really a nice service. Swimming pool with clear blue water surrounded by typical Thai's beautiful gardens, is very tempting to be enjoyed.
Only one minor flaws that I feel after a five night stay there. Tv channel less attractive, too many news channels, less entertainment / movies. HBO or Cinemax presents only the old films that are less attractive.

Room Tip: My room face the Wireless road, which is green with big trees. So I think it is quite nice view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear AnisaDelft,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted with your feedback regarding the cleanliness of our rooms as well as the service we offer, I will certainly share with the team. I am also thrilled that you enjoyed using our lagoon style swimming pool. Please note that we do endeavor to offer a wide variety of Television channels that appeal to a wide variety of guests, however, I will look into your concerns to see where we can improve our offering.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

one of the best massages that i have had in 30 years of travelling to the region. Khun Kie was an excellent therapist, I was made to feel very relaxed and at ease. Take the time out and rward yourself - it is worth it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear exsumo,

Thank you for your visit to Spa Athénée in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor .
We are delighted that you had a relaxing time in our Spa Athénée and that you appreciated the excellent treatment Ms. Kie provided you during your visit. I will be sure to share your feedback with her as I am certain that she will be delighted.

Once again thank you for your kind recommendation and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Spa Athénée in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future.