“Classic Service”

Ranked #21 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Classic Service”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The service delivered by the Plaza Athenee in Bangkok was excellent and very - Thai meaning straight from the heart.
I stayed at the hotel when it first opened probably well over ten years ago and the rooms do not seem to have much done to them in the ensuing years - well that was on the Gold SPG floor.
The room was functional and a good size. It was the service that stood out and the food was first class. The Thai food even from room service could not be faulted delicious and served hot.
All staff were extremely helpful and provided service that was above par. I have stayed in many hotels in Bangkok and to be honest the standard of service even at the 6 stars can be patchy - so hats off to everyone at the Plaza Athenee.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Harrison3800,

Thank your continued support of the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien and for taking the time to share such positive feedback on TripAdvisor.

It certainly is inspiring when a valued guest such as yourself shares such praise on the service that our associates deliver. Our team strives to offer friendly yet professional and efficient service to all our guests and I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto the team. We are also thrilled that you found our cuisine to be first class. I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that we are in the process of remodeling our guestrooms so that our valued guests continue to experience a high standard of facilities.

Once again, thank you for sharing your kind feedback. We look forward to having the pleasure of your company in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We come regularly to the plaza athenee for a week end or longer. Rooms are cosy and breakfast buffet is amazing with great cappuccino, they use illy coffee.
Massage are to die for but pricy, swimming pool/gym great.
The service is good and it is difficult to find such a good ratio price/quality in that area. The hotel is just down the BTS station in a quiet area with few nice restaurant around.
We've tried other places, more trendy, at another location or less expensive ..., but one ingredient is always missing and we end-up coming back to this hotel. I highly recommend it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Anais W,

Thank you for your continued support of the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Our new signature Le Méridien breakfast buffet features a wide variety of mouthwatering dishes and we are thrilled that you enjoyed it along with the illy cappuccino. In the Spa Athénée, we make use of exclusive Anne Sémonin products from France and we are pleased that you liked the treatments. Please be sure to try our signature Immunetra Blood Type massage on your next visit. We are also glad that you liked our guestrooms and that found our location to be convenient,

Thank you once again for your kind recommendation and we all hope that there will be many more opportunities to welcome you back to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

mumbai
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Hello people,

As this was my second visit to Bangkok in a gap of 5 months itself, but this time my itinerary was bit different. It was Pattaya first and Bangkok on exit, i had already given my write-up for my stay at Pattaya. As always my preference is to get centralize location when i visit bangkok.

So voila here i was standing below a towering glass structure of Plaza Athenee Royal Meridien Hotel. This hotel has an ideal location with very less noise pollution though has some awesome shopping establishments right around the corner. Closest BTS Skytrain station is Phloen Chit just a short walk away.

Each & every person i interacted at hotel gives you a very warm & special feeling. Rooms have very exclusive decor with all the necessity accessories. Very fast connectivity of wi-fi, mini bar equipped with best & selective liqueur / beverages. Hotel is equipped with almost 10 different dinning options. Hotel is also equipped with Spa, Fitness Center, Jogging Track, Swimming Pool, Squash Court, Limo service etc. Food was amazing with a vast range of delicacies.

Would certainly advise people visiting on business related trip or just a casual visit to Bangkok. Plaza Athenee is the place to be. Hope this warmth & hospitality is maintained for years to come.

Room Tip: Try to book main entry road view room, unfortunately i had got a back side view of all mighty towers...
Dear SanketTalpade,

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback on TripAdvisor and for staying with us in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback and we are thrilled that you have had wonderful stay with us.

Our culinary team will be delighted that to know that you found our food to be amazing and that you found our associates to be warm and hospitable. We do indeed feature a wide variety of leisure facilities in the hotel and we are glad that you appreciated them along with the guest room facilities and internet access. Our central location in the heart of Bangkok is ideal, thank you for highlighting it.

Once again, many thanks for your kind feedback and recommendation, we are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel for many years to come.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the Plaza Athenee last week May 2014 for a business conference for 5 nights. My room was very clean, with a beautiful city view and I enjoyed the swimming pool. The breakfast was also amazing. I walked to the corner outside hotel where I asked for a taxi. The taxi guys are friendly and for 20baht they took me to MBK shopping centre (5-10min) from hotel. For that price we had to stop at his friends material store first for 5 mins. It is a pricy hotel (5000bht per night ) but I felt safe and for business purposes it was wonderful.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Teresa v,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for staying with us in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Our signature Le Méridien Breakfast offers a wide variety of mouthwatering cuisines and we are delighted you enjoyed it. We are also happy that you enjoyed the view from your room and that you took the time to enjoy our lagoon styled swimming pool. Should you be planning a visit again in the near future, please note that we do feature some exceptional special offer and packages on our Special Offers page on our hotel website.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel during your next visit to Bangkok.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I had the great pleasure of staying with Le Meridien Plaza Anthenee this past week for a conference, and from the moment I checked in, every effort was made by the staff to ensure my very busy stay was well executed and seamless. From the front desk staff and concierge, through to the restaurant staff who remembered my morning preferences after the first day, I could not have asked for better service. The concierge went out of his way to make recommendations that not only helped me personally, but ensured my clients enjoyed their experiences as well.

The Le Meridien Club Lounge had everything I needed, and again the staff were fantastic. The conference facilities were well appointed, with everything working as expected. Being from North America, I also appreciated how well the air conditioning worked, to help counteract the humidity and temperature in Bangkok.

I would highly recommend the property to any traveler.

Dear Steve C,

I would like to thank you for your support of the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for taking the time to share such kind feedback on TripAdvisor.

It certainly is a great honor to receive such positive feedback on our associates in so many areas in the hotel, thank you. Our Royal Club Lounge does indeed offer some excellent benefits and facilities and we are thrilled that you appreciated it. We are also delighted that you were happy with our conference facilities and that your clients were also happy with their experience with us.

Once again, thank you for your kind feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel for another enjoyable stay.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights. The rooms were clean, beds really comfortable, staff very friendly and very helpful in everything we needed. I particularly enjoyed the pool area. It felt like we were not in the city centre. The location is terrific as traffic can be very busy in Bangkok, so we could walk anywhere. Really pleased with all!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Oz45,

Thank you for sharing such kind feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

We are delighted that your stay with us met your expectations and that you found our associates to be friendly and helpful. We are thrilled that you liked our signature Le Méridien bed and that you found our close proximity to the Ploenchit BTS Station to be a quick alternative to the heavy Bangkok Traffic. Our lagoon styled swimming pool does indeed provide a haven for relaxation within this vibrant city and we are glad that you enjoyed using it.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to providing you with another enjoyable stay during your next visit to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

ChooLeng Goh
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at Plaza Athenee for a conference and it was an absolute pleasure. The staff wait on you hand and foot and simply cannot do enough for you. Each time I called for something i.e. extra hangers I would receive them promptly and then receive a follow up call to make sure I had received them, it is these little things that make your stay very special.

I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Rain Tree cafe, the buffet breakfast is a lovely spread with everything from the local thai food and dim sum, for those wanting to experience the thai flare, continental breakfasts with lovely fresh exotic fruits and the good old english breakfasts made to order to your preference and a very impressive waffle and pancake stand for the kids (or adults).

The A la Carte menu is just as pleasing as it has foods from all over the world, Indian, Thai, Pizza, Pasta, Burgers, Sandwiches and more. I never had a chance to eat in the other restaurants in the hotel.

The service in the Rain Tree is exceptional, I was travelling on my own but found that I was never short of company as each waiter chatted to me and engaged in pleasant conversation which always feels lovely when you are travelling and dining alone. The manager made a point of chatting to me each day and wishing me well on my last night so look out for Thomas Deledalle the manager and my lovely waiter Sarunyoo.

The rain tree has a beautiful setting looking out onto a fountain feature with the authentic buzz of Bangkok traffic in the background (no noise can be heard, but you can watch the traffic whizz by in the distance) You can step outside into that lovely Bangkok heat and enjoy a drink outside by the fountain and then hear the buzz of Bangkok.

The rooms are perfect for business travel, they have large desks where I worked very comfortably most evenings, always a hot shower and lovely linen. They stock the rooms with plenty of complimentary water, about 6 bottles a day which is useful as I don't think drinking water in Thailand is advisable. They also keep them stocked with complimentary fruit and a little treat each evening when you get back to your room.

There is a gorgeous roof top pool in a very tranquil rooftop garden like setting where you can lie by the pool and gaze at the wonder that is the Bangkok skyline. The spa is also beautiful, I had a manicure and was very impressed at the results.

The location is great, a 2 min walk and you are on the sky walk which can take you straight through all of the biggest and best malls in Bangkok, the furthest being 10 minutes walk to MBK, on your way to MBK you pass Central Embassy and Siam to mention a few, so the perfect spot to be close to the best shopping spots.

Also, the exquisite entrance to the hotel must be mentioned, it really is quite breathtaking when you arrive, jet lagged and annoyed to walk into the most beautiful entrance with a lovely staircase leading to the next floor.

All in all a great trip and I will most certainly be back.

Dear tracey s,

Thank you for staying with us at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing such a detailed review on TripAdvisor.

It is an absolute delight to know that our associates provided you with both personalized and caring service, this certainly highlights what we strive to offer all our valued guests. Spa Athénée certainly does provide exceptional treatments and we are thrilled that you were happy with your manicure. Our Blood Type Massage is a signature treatment of the Spa Athénée which you should definitely not miss on your next visit!

Thank you for highlighting our award winning restaurant, The Rain Tree Café. We endeavor to offer a wide variety of mouthwatering cuisine on our buffet and we are delighted that you enjoyed all your meals there. I will also be sure to recognize Thomas and Sarunyoo for going the extra step, thank you for highlighting them. I would like to take this oppourtunity to let you know that we have recently had a new luxury shopping mall called Central Embassy that has opened and it is located only 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking your time to share such kind feedback on TripAdvisor. We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another exceptional stay at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

ChooLeng Goh