“Staff are like family” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Staff are like family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My husband always chooses to stay at this hotel when on business trips in Bangkok , and I'm so glad he does .
Whilst his stay recently he had a heart attack in the hotel . The hotel Manager Carl and other staff members took control of the situation and called an ambulance . Fortunately for me back home and our 3 kids he survived . The hotel became home for me for 2 weeks until he was fit to fly home . The staff were absolutely amazing and caring. I cannot thank all the staff enough for all their help and quick response . You guys are surely outstanding . It's not that beautiful building , gorgeous rooms, amazing food and great lounge that makes a hotel home . It's the staff that we cannot compare to any in the world .

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank mgfg97
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear mgfg97,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are all certainly very grateful that your husband is on the road to a speedy recovery. Your kind praise of our team is sincerely appreciated and it is a true testimony to our culture of caring for our guests and ensuring that they have a safe stay with us. I will certainly share your feedback with the team to further reinforce all their efforts. We are also delighted that you appreciated our Royal Club along with the variety of cuisines that we have in the hotel.

Once again thank you for your kind feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you and your husband back home to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

ChooLeng Goh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Having a few days spare prior to travelling to the UK with my wife, we decided to try the Plaza Athenee. This for the first time. As I travel to Bangkok around 10 times a year, I have stayed in a whole range of 5 star hotels. I have to say that we both thought this was one of the best we had tried and will certainly be returning. Staff were excellent as was the food and ambiance of the whole hotel. well done Plaza Athenee......keep it up.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Tim B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing such kind feedback on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted that you feel that you recent stay with us was one of the best experiences you’ve had at a 5 star hotel here in Bangkok, thank you. We do indeed have a wide variety of cuisines available in the hotel and we are thrilled that you appreciated them along with the excellent service of our associates. I will certainly share you kind feedback with the team.

Please allow me to thank you once again for your kind feedback. We are all looking forward to the pleasure of your company in the near future at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I've been staying at this hotel for 7 years and it really is like a home away from home. It's a fantastic property with even more amazing service (not to mention the best breakfast I've found anywhere in Asia). The location is convenient for business, pleasure and transport. Totally recommended for business and holiday travellers alike.

Room Tip: If you are able to indulge a bit, try to go for the executive floor rooms. The executive lounge is...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mark M,

Thank you for your continued support of the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for taking your precious time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

It certainly is rewarding when a valued guest such as yourself offers such positive feedback, it is a true testimony to all the efforts our associates put forth each day, thank you. I will certainly share your feedback with the team. Our hotel does indeed enjoy a central location and we are thrilled that you appreciate it. We endeavor to offer a wide variety of mouthwatering dishes from all over the world on our signature Le Méridien Breakfast buffet in The Rain Tree Café and we are privileged that you find it to be the best breakfast you have found anywhere in Asia.

Thank you once again for your feedback and kind recommendation. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home, the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel for many years to come.

Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was our first stay at Plaza Athenee and it won't be our last. Located between Central World and Terminal 21 you couldn't be better located for shopping. Although there are many restaurants in walking distance, you are about a 3-5 min walk from the BTS if you want to venture further. Lumphini park is about a kilometer away but we didn't go because of the protestor camp.
Impressive lobby, nice rooms, comfortable beds all made our stay enjoyable. Staff was friendly and engaging. The pool area was a very nice place to recover from jet lag. Took advantage of the happy hour and were pleasantly surprised to have snacks served with our drinks. Breakfast was very good. Free WIFI in lobby.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Wpgoldguy,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for taking your time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. We do indeed enjoy a central location, only minutes walk from Phloen Chit BTS station and the new luxury shopping mall Central Embassy and we are thrilled that you appreciated it. We would like to let you know that the protestors have now vacated the Lumphini Park and visitors can now go back there. Our associates strive to deliver exceptional customer service and it is pleasing that you found them to be friendly and engaging. Our Happy Hour in The Glaz Bar from 6pm to 8pm offers exceptional value and we are glad that you enjoyed it.

Once again, many thanks for your kind feedback. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

PATTAYA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Wow; what an awesome room; (2419) suite, two toilets one with huge bath and a nice size shower.
Big bedroom; soft bed, good AC, and you need it here at the moment.
Big main TV plus smaller unit in bedroom; plus DVD and quality Bose sound system.
Breakfast included in room rate was very good; service fine and plenty of choice.
Stayed on business for a full week; but location is great in a high end part of town with great BTS connections and plentiful taxi service plus hotel limo etc.
All together recommended; not cheapest but not overly expensive compared to other capital cities with hotels in similar locations.
Also; nearly forgot, great well equipped 24hour gym for residents and a nice pool.

Room Tip: I stayed in suite on 24th floor; really nice.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MikeHanlon
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear MikeHanlon,

Thank you for taking your time to share such kind feedback on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay with us in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

It certainly is rewarding when a valued guest such as yourself thoroughly enjoys their stay with us. Our signature Le Méridien Breakfast buffet does indeed showcase a wide variety of mouthwatering cuisines and we are thrilled that you enjoyed it. We are also delighted that you appreciated our 24hr Gym and tropical lagoon styled swimming pool.

Once again thank you for your kind recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at the Plaza Athenee some 3 or 4 years back and rated it as "Almost Excellent". My rating remains the same - very comfortable and fully equipped room, incredibly generous breakfast, great conference facilities, friendly and helpful service and a very high standard of cleanliness and hygiene. And if one goes by "location, location, location", then you really couldn't ask for more - the recent coup notwithstanding ! I can only wonder why they insist on charging (heavily) for in-room Internet when most other hotels in Bangkok, even cheaper ones, offer this free.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear RajanNewDelhi_India,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for staying with us in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

We are all delighted that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us and that our associates provided you with friendly and helpful service. We are indeed centrally located, near the Phloen Chit BTS station as well as several major shopping malls and we are glad that you appreciate it. Please note that we do have a variety of room packages that do include Internet access in the guest room. Several of these packages are available on our special offer page on our website or alternatively you can contact the hotel reservations team directly.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback. We hope to provide you with another memorable stay during your next visit to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I just have the best praises for this hotel - from its location, amenities and facilities, to its very friendly and accommodating staff.

Im pleasantly grateful that our workshop organizers UNEP and GIZ Thailand has chosen this hotel for our workshop venue. As a foreigner with this paranoiac fear on the uncertainties on the just declared Martial Law, the hotel gave me that secured feeling during my entire stay. I asked a lot on political updates, and the Concierge staff were just as accommodating every time I inquired. The hotel even extended the hours for me at the Business Center, with free internet and printing of documents when I was constantly communicating with my colleagues and family back home. And yeses, I also have a fast free internet at the room.

What's more to expect in a five star hotel? I had the best experience in sleeping in my bed with the softest pillows and cuddly sheets I ever had. I also had the best time watching my favorite TV channels available, and had really enjoyed the cool and clean pool waters and its ambiance. The spa massage service was totally relaxing and soothing, after a tiring day at the workshop. I like its complete gym facilities, and one can even request for a fitness coach.

I especially enjoyed the wide array of food menu in the breakfast and lunch buffet, where I could see different choices everyday. Coffee was of high quality, and fresh fruits in season (Rambutan, Mangoes, Pineapples, watermelons, honeydews, etc) were also available.

I would recommend going to this hotel via BTS (Phloen Chit Station) where an air-conditioned access leading to Wireless Street is at the adjacent Parkway Building. Most locals also use this access to use its escalators in going up the station. In just 2 train stops, you are already at the Siam Center, Discovery and Paragon Malls. Just 2 train stops and 1 interchange train, you are already in MBK. Its really a convenient location for shopping freaks like me. There is also the 7-minute hotel walk to newly-built Central Embassy Mall just below the BTS Phloen Chit Station which is a high-end mall. I can sense why this is called the Central Embassy Mall, since there are so many Embassies found along Wireless Street, including the US Embassy.

I received a note in my room regarding the ongoing renovations, but I must say that it hardly affected me. I didnt hear any construction noise going on, and to this I commend the hotel for making their guests comfortable even a midst constructions.

Great job guys!

Room Tip: Choose higher-floor rooms for great scenic views of the city
3 Thank BikeC
Dear BikeC,

Thank you for sharing your refreshing perspectives of your recent stay with us at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that the team was able to make you feel more comfortable during these uncertain times. Thank you for highlighted the extra steps that team took and I will certainly share you kind feedback with them. It is also rewarding when a valued guest such as yourself thoroughly enjoys so many aspects of your stay, from our special Le Méridien beds through to our signature Spa Treatments at Spa Athénée. The Le Meriden Breakfast buffet in The Rain Tree Café showcases a wide variety of mouthwatering cuisines and we are all thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed it. We are indeed conveniently located, only a few minutes’ walk from Phloen Chit BTS station and the newly opened Central Embassy and we are glad that you appreciated it. Thank you for your kind understanding on our ongoing remodeling project, we are happy that you were not disturbed as we do take several measures to ensure that this does not happen to our valued guests. We have no doubt that you would find our new product enhancements truly pleasing.

Once again thank you for your kind feedback. We hope that we will have the pleasure of your company soon at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.