The hotel itself is very good and the service friendly but limited. We stayed in an executive room following the suggestion at the reception for a higher price than booked. The room was very nice, with all commodities, the hotel interior nice and cosy, although the common areas are limited. Here are the drawbacks:
- the breakfast area is too crowded every morning and so we had to wait to be seated and got no special treatment
-The surrounding area is not very nice, but it's close to the subway
- the pool has no area for children
- the concierge was too busy and didn't tip us with problems we might have with the locals so we found ourselves in taxis who took us where they wanted to make bargains with colleagues and not to our destination
- in our executive package we had a complementary "pressing" for 2 items per person per stay. That to our mind meant laundry. When charged to pay for the service at the check out, we were told that it meant only "ironing". At my protest, the person at the desk remained impervious to any arguments, including the dictionary.
Overall, we liked the hotel at this level, and will stay again, but only if we get a good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a leafy boulevard in the city centre of Bangkok, the hotel is a short walk (3 minutes) from Ploenchit BTS skytrain station and the new Central Embassy luxury shopping mall and close to the city's other premier malls, including Central World, Siam Paragon and EM District. The hotel is also renowned for warm and attentive service and modern facilities including the sumptuous newly remodelled lagoon-landscaped Swimming Pool + Fitness Athénée. Choose among 374 sumptuously remodelled guestrooms + suites in exquisite contemporary Thai colonial style conceptualised by an award-wining Thai designer with royal heritage elegance and deep-rooted environment awareness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel and TravelUp so you can book your Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridien Bangkok
- Plaza Athenee Bangkok