I stayed here with my wife, 2 yr old daughter in a suite in april for 2 nights. The last time we were in B'kok, we stayed at the Oriental and enjoyed that experience and I had heard that the Peninsula is equally good or better. Its difficult to compare these 2 great properties but a couple of small differences i experienced -
- luxury is a bit better at peninsula - gadgets in room are fabulous
- we felt the service is a tad bit better at the oriental - the oriental doorman/valet were expecting us and welcomed us by our last name the minute we arrived at 6 am in the morning and our rooms were ready and we were promptly upgraded to a suite. At peninsula, we had to go to the front desk, say our names and it took about 7 -10 mins for the check in procedure.
- the food is fabulous at both the properties.
- the pool is better at peninsula - they have 2 long pools and a kiddie pool in between connecting the 2. Also a hot water whirlpool at the corner of the pool which is great.
both these properties are i feel one of the best in asia and they pamper you no end. The breakfast at peninsula is great - you can sit out next to the river or sit inside next to the lobby in an air conditioned area.
They have a bot service that takes you to the sky train stop on the opp. side of the river. The views are great, i felt better than the oriental.
Its a tough choice to make, but i would stay at the peninsula again when i go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Developed as one of the finest hotel properties in Bangkok, its riverside location inspired the wave- shaped design, capitalising on the uninterrupted panoramic views from every room and adding a distinctive architectural statement to the Bangkok skyline. The Peninsula Bangkok offers commanding city views, luxurious comfort, sophisticated facilities, extraordinary dining options and the legendary Peninsula service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp and Travelbag so you can book your The Peninsula Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Peninsula Bangkok
- Peninsula Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Peninsula