“Out of the box service - staff went above and beyond”

The Peninsula Bangkok
Ranked #11 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Peninsular Bangkok is a great hotel a wonderful experience
Service blew us away we wanted to watch the Rugby World Cup commentary was in Thai. The staff at the hotel changed it to English for us well beyond our expectations
Definitely will stay again

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Julie E

Reviewed 6 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here at the end of September. After being stuck in the worlds longest traffic jam, we arrived on a very wet evening. When we arrived we were offered an update for an extra €50 to a suite. Worth every penny, we we’re brought to the 33 floor and shown to our room. It was stunning, both the room and the view of Bangkok where magnificent, even in the poxy rainy season weather. After a painfully delayed flight I just wanted a shower and a nice relaxing evening. That's exactly what I got.

We had an international flight later the following evening, and we we’re given a free 4 o’clock checkout. Which suited us perfectly. Plus like normal 5 star hotels they gave free wifi, I have a real gripe with hotels that charge for the internet. Take note wantabe hotels. I was truly disappointed to be leaving the hotel, next time I’m in Bangkok I’ll definitely stay for longer.

On a negative note one or two of the staff where a bit grumpy, aka one of the waiters during afternoon tea, and a concierge, but everyone has bad days, and that's what I’ll but it down to, a bad day!

And the free boat service is deadly too!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank briancurran
Reviewed 5 October 2011

This is our 3rd visit to the Pen in BKK. We were so glad to be able to stay here for my birthday. A cake was delivered to my room on my birthday with a personalised card. Staff service was excellent. Breakfast at the Riverside Terrace was good but the pre-made Eggs Benedict weren't of a good standard. Food at Mei Jiang and Thiptara were of a good standard and we enjoyed our meals there but the restaurants were all quiet. The bar was a nice refuge but also quiet and the piano player was most of the time in the lobby area. The rooms are spacious with good quality furniture. The style is classic elegance rather than modern minialist, which we love. Nice bathroom with all the mod cons. We love being on the "wrong side" of the river as it has a great view and only a short trip on the shuttle ferry to the BTS Skytrain station. The trip in a RollsRoyce always adds a touch of class to the trip. We will certainly be back as it is the only place to stay in BKK.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank escholte
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I love Peninsula Bangkok as it always make me feel like I will be staying and be treated better than my home. Ha!!
What I love the most is the view of Chao Praya river at night. I keep looking at it; the view from the room does make me feel what people say "City of Angle".
Room - the room is clean and specious. The bed is comfortable. I love the bathroom where there is a shower and a tub. You can actually soak up kn the tub and watching the TV at the same time.
Food- I love the breakfast here as there is wide selection and you can sit indoor or outdoor.
Swimming pool- is lovely but the sala could get very busy. The ice cream or a short drink around the pool is a nice touch. I also enjoy use their sauna and cold dip very much.
Service- is great. The staff always smile and make you feel comfortable.
So I always look forward to stay at Peninsula as I know I will have a great shopping time in BKK while I will feel very relax, feel healthy and have a wonderful night here.
Love it!! Love it!! Love it!!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank PhuketGirl
Reviewed 2 October 2011

That's it...
So glad that the visitors share the same view about The Peninsula. It makes me mad to read bad reviews, especially when there is nothing to complain about...
I'm sitting now on my terrace at the "wrong side" of the river (which is good: at least you have Bangkok at your feet...) looking at the ballet of the boats on the river.
It is truly amazing and Bangkok wouldn't be the same without The Peninsula.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Georgio L
Reviewed 29 September 2011

A perfect location for a quick mid-week escape from busy jobs in Bangkok. Outstanding service, great location on the Thonburi side of the Chao Praya river with panoramic views of the city, and wonderfully appointed, quiet and comfortable rooms. Excellent riverside pool and bar area, and a five-star riverfront buffet breakfast. Pricey, but about what you would expect to pay for arguably Bangkok's number two five-star hotel, after the Oriental. I sound a bit like a hotel brochure, but for good reason. Worth the splurge. Complementary hotel ferry service can help you access local restaurants, or a quick taxi trip to excellent Thai seafood riverside restaurants a few kilometres upriver.

Room Tip: Definately request a room with river views.