“Best hotel in Bangkok”

The Peninsula Bangkok
Ranked #10 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Tastefully decorated rooms, top notch service, breath taking location and very good breakfast

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank damaAMSTERDAM
Write a ReviewReviews (4,626)

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We came to Bangkok for a short honeymoon escape and stayed at Peninsula as we expected for a perfect honeymoon ever. It's a good choice to make; our room was upgraded to a suite, the service and the attention to details and the spectacular view took my breath away; with amazing view across the river with colorful boats pass by until midnight.
The bed and pillows are very comfortable with free refilled water every making up bed and turn down service, that I don't need to buy extra water for myself.
I cancel our plan to have too much tour programs just to spend more time in the hotel on this visit.
Breakfast and buffet dinner are amazing, I love my lazy days at the swimming pool and reading my fave book in the salas. But most of all, I love using their shuttle boat to cross the river everytime I need to go to the BTS station.
Next time I stay here, I will stay longer for sure!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cclombok
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I've traveled a great deal in Asia and lived in a number of SE Asian countries, so I've had the good fortune of experiencing some great hotels over the years. The Peninsula Hotel Bangkok is wihtout reservation, one of the finest hotels I've stayed in anywhere in the world. The level of service sets new standards of excellence and the suites are really quite remarkable in their quality and complete attention to every single detail. The staff is singularly remarkable in their attention to your needs, wants, and desires. The Concierge set us up today with a private tour on a longtail boat that was the highlight of any of the many trips I've made to Bangkok. I'd be remiss in not mentioning the guide's name, because he was extraordinary in his intimate knowledge of the culture and how to access the backwater klongs where the real Thai people live and work. His name is Choochart Panyalert, but is known as Chakie and can be booked directly through The Peninsula. If you're looking to put a topper on an unbelievable visit to this great City and Country, book a private tour with Chakie whilst staying at the world-class Peninsula.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank edwardaberg
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This was my fourth stay at the Peninsula in Bangkok and it remains my favourite hotel. Once again, the service, the attention to detail and the spectacular view took my breath away. This time we stayed in a suite, with a wonderful view across the river to the Oriental Hotel. I spent a lot of time in the hotel on this visit and loved the long, lazy days at the swimming pool. I love the salas which have electricity sockets for laptops and overhead fans to keep you cool. There is no doubt where I will stay on my next trip to Bangkok,

Room Tip: Try not to get room number one on each floor - the views are not the best
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank peterxhosa
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The first Peninsula I ever visited was in Hong Kong, and so I've always associated "the Pen" with two things - its lobby and its grand architecture (a third would be all the Rolls Royces). A long time ago the Peninsula erected the building for and decorated the lobby of what is now the Four Seasons, Bangkok (and the Regent Bangkok before that): so it's this hotel that has both the architecture and lobby I expect of Pen Hotels. It's possibly The Lobby as far as Bangkok is concerned, and everyone who likes afternoon tea, salon music and a sense of "liaisons dangereuses" should visit there after shopping in nearby Paragon: just rest your back and gaze upward at the ceilings.

Peninsula Hotels lost the site and quit Bangkok for a while and when they returned they took over the present, rather narrow, condo-like site that has all the luxuries but none of the opulence that you might expect. That's possibly a good thing for the stepped-down style of a visitor's Bangkok. The Pen have done a very good job though: the rather cramped lobby indeed serves great teas to excellent salon music - and they even have Rolls for limos - it just doesn't have the oomph as a hotel. Never mind! We're loyal fans and the river terrace is truly sublime, especially for breakfasts and evening drinks, a constant thrill to lounge by and watch.

The BTS is the best way around Bangkok these days, for sheer speed, and the Pen operates a really efficient and impeccably manned shuttle to and from the boat quays on the city-side shore, so you get immersed in the river (not literally!) every time you step out of the hotel: don't take taxis from the hotel, the vehicular crossing of the river is often congested and the views aren't as good as seeing Bangkok from rooftop level, as you do on the sky train. You can always transfer to a taxi at one of the stations downline if you're street-bound.

We did a business conference here with attendants from all over Asia; absolutely no one had a bad word to say about it, and we made very full use of all the facilities.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank triptiche
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was our second stay at the Peninsula in Bangkok and it didn't disappoint. The hotel has great service and beautiful rooms. We had a three hour treatment at the spa, which was very indulgent and relaxing. Food was great too, especially the breakfast buffet. All in all the service was excellent and very friendly, the Peninsula continues to be one of Bangkok's best hotels.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LondonLavander
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We've stayed here twice over 4 years and it is by far my favorite place in Bangkok. The location is fantastic because you can commute via the river (the preferred mode of transport in Bangkok where traffic is a nightmare) or via sky train (again avoid taxi's or risk a 3 hour jam) an easy walk from across the river. The service is what you'd expect of a 5 star hotel. The rooms are very comfortable and quiet. The view is amazing especially since the river view faces the pretty side of Bangkok. Overall I'd stay here every time!

Room Tip: Get a top floor room for view especially of the Chao Prya river
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple