“Excellent food-Scenery-Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Peninsula Bangkok

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Peninsula Bangkok
Ranked #8 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Excellent food-Scenery-Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

The Peninsula Bangkok is one of the most favorite for me. I have been visit here for dining few times but every time i have been here make me feel happy.
Thai Restaurant, Chinese Restaurant also Buffet here are so nice...Excellent food Good taste with very good scenery & Service value with 5 Star hotel...I love The Peninsula Bangkok. ^.^

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Durham, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Once agian the Peninsula Bangkok exceeded all expectations. I organize international meetings and whenever I can plan one for the Peninsula Bangkok I have complete peace of mind knowing that everything will be perfect. Once agian they delivered above and beyond from initial planning through final billing. The delegates benefit from superb and accomodating customer service and great location, the meeting details are executed flawlessley, the billing is accurate. They respond quickly and graciously to any request or last minute change. The Peninsula is the gold standard for hospitality and for a sucessful meeting venue. Look no further. I I can't wait for my next opportunity to partner with Peninsula for an event.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Torremolinos, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

this was our second october visit to Peninsula and this time I let the nice japanese lady at the reception pursuade me to upgrade our room to a corner suite which was an excelent idea.

they seem to have solved the problem they sometimes had with the breakfast when too many people came down at the same time,however,they do seem to be slightly under staffed in the morning(no waterboy/girl anymore,for example).

I had to phone three timees for the evening sweets,however then we always got the double so we were completely happy with that AND they remembered my husbands birthday,which was very nice.

Do try treir Spa,even the saunas are nice and they are free.

James Bond seeing outside with martinis was grear idea,compliments of the house.

Next year another review.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank liisa k
Camberley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Again I stayed at this hotel and it just seems to get better and better !
This is my 5th stay at this place - and I stayed in one of the suites that I like - it never fails to impress me and with massive separate lounge it feels like a house rather than a hotel room.
Chilling out by the pool was so relaxing and had dinner and lunch in all the restaurants - and the food really was out of this world.
If your travelling to Bangkok there is no hotel that even matches this place - not even the Mandarin Oriental comes even near to the relentless high standards that this place sets.
Robin Tinto

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Oftentimes if you're looking to stay at the Peninsula in another country, it would cost about $500 per night. Seeing that it was less than half the normal price to stay in the Peninsula Bangkok, I decided to see what the fuss is all about. The hotel didn't disappoint, but as a Peninsula hotel, I did was hoping to be blown away.

First and foremost, I booked the room through Expedia. That might've been the first mistake, because I might have been given lower priority than others who booked a room through the official website. If I stay at the hotel again, I would definitely book through the official website. For instance, I requested for a room with 2 beds, but I was given a room with two double beds placed side by side. If I knew it was going to be like that, I would've just simply booked a king sized bed.

I also thought that my stay would've included breakfast, but it was a separate charge. Nevertheless, the breakfast is fantastic, despite the high price. I also had dinner at the restaurant once, and in my opinion, while it was delicious, I did not think it was worth the high price. I would suggest going to a nicer Thai restaurant in a fancy mall to get the same quality of food for half the price. It wasn't overly expensive compared to what I'm used to in Canada, but compared to other restaurants in Thailand, it is a bit of a jump.

Service at this hotel is quite good. Everyone was friendly from the reception, to the bar, to the restaurant servers. The only people that could have used some improvement in service were the ferry operators. While they weren't bad, they weren't as friendly as rest of the hotel.

Speaking of the ferry, the location of this hotel is not the best. It is in a quieter area of Bangkok, and there are quite a few things to do nearby, you always have to take a ferry to get to these places. Since I don't mind taking a ferry, it didn't phase me too much, but for anyone who gets easily sea sick or are afraid of water, this hotel definitely isn't a good choice. Because it is on the other side of the riverside, a cab ride to the hotel is not cheap from the downtown centre of Bangkok.

I also would highly recommend the massage here. While the massage is quite expensive, the massage rooms are absolutely beautiful. My one regret is that I did not take any pictures of the massage area, but it was pretty spectacular. The quality of the massage was quite good too, although I would skip the facial since it's just layers and layers of cream put on your face then wiped off.

Room Tip: If you want two separate beds, I would call and make sure the beds are actually separated. I heard f...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I'll admit, The Peninsula Bangkok should have gotten much more money from me than they did. I was able to use United miles to book here for a solid week... for free! Now, some hotels (like one I reviewed in London) will use that opportunity to screw you, throw you in a basement or small, crappy room... whatever. The The Peninsula Bangkok instead gave me a FREE UPGRADE TO A SUITE. Just because it was available. The room? Amazing. The breakfast? Amazing. The water taxis across the river? Amazing? The staff? Amazing and friendly. The poolside area where they serve you food under palm tree lined little huts that look like temples? Loved it! Noise? Quiet! Didn't hear a peep while sleeping! My favorite hotel of all time? Well, it just could be!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ed H
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

My friends and I had spent the first night of our Bangkok experience on the club level of the Shangri-La across the river, and though I can not say anything bad about the Shangri, the Peninsula is just on another level all together. We wanted to end our trip on a bang and were definitely not disappointed.
We took advantage of the Amex Fine hotels and Resorts offer that included a free third night when booking two. We booked into a Grand Deluxe Suite and asked about any further upgrades. The desk clerk was very helpful and sent our inquiry on to the general manager who said that the Peninsula suite would be available after 5. We asked if we could tour it before making any decisions and later in the day we did just that.
All I can say is wow, wow, wow. It was the suite of a lifetime. We decided to pool our money together and stay like royalty. The only problem was we didn't want to leave to do anything else! Every room had surround sound, mini bar, and fine art and antiques. It was over 4000 square feet and we took advantage of every part of it. I would say, however, that our original suite exceeded all expectations and would have been an extraordinary experience in and of itself.
The hotel has a beautiful pool with great food and drink service. The spa is small, yet adequate. We made sure to enjoy the hot tubs and cold plunges every day. People have said that the hotel is on the wrong side of the river, but we just hopped on the ferry and found it to be super easy, and very cool. Much of what to do is across the river and the shuttle service runs continuously all day. There is a shut down time, so make sure to ask before heading out for late drinks at Lebua, etc.
Also, we took a few tours arranged by the Concierge and our guide ( Pong ) was superb. I would highly recommend him: his command of english was excellent as was his eager attitude to capture everything on film for us. A++
Also, the food at the hotel was perfection. I would highly recommend the breakfast buffet. We had it included in our amex package, but the food was second to none. We thoroughly enjoyed having it overlooking the river. It was incredible.
The peninsula makes you never want to stay at another hotel ever. The staff is excellent, the amenities are plush, and you leave with an experience to last a lifetime.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends