“Peninsula Bangkok”

Ranked #7 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
San Francisco, California
“Peninsula Bangkok”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This hotel is pure luxury. We were a party of five and I had booked a Grand Deluxe Suite with a connecting room for our daughters. Upon arrival (at 1 o'clock in the morning) we were upgraded to the Peninsula Suite. To say the least... it was INCREDIBLE! Not only was it spacious but the interior design was beautiful. I have stayed at many Peninsula Hotels, New York, Chicago, Hong Kong, and on a regular basis, Beverly Hills. I have to say that Hong Kong is still my favorite but this was a close second. The service was five star. The only complaint I have is that the Thai dinner at the in house Thai restaurant was a little disappointing, but the setting was lovely. The breakfasts were opulent, the afternoon tea was very good, and the poolside dining was very tasty, especially the pomelo and prawn salad! It is definitely a world class hotel. Now off to Four Seasons Chiang Mai!

Room Tip: If you want a major splurge, the Peninsula Suite would be hard to beat ANTWHERE in the world.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 13chelseab

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (782)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stay here twice in this hotel. We had great stay at this hotel. Our room was deluxe. It was very clean.There is western-style bathroom with a nice shower. All appliances, the safe and AC work great. Staff are very fandly. They make our stay more comfortable and more enjoyable.
We really appreciated our time here and this was nice hotel in Bangkok. Here we would like to recommend this hotel to every one.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

I have come to stay at this hotel for 3 nights.I really like that hotel food and restaurant staffs.They are look like friendly and good speak English.And,their breakfast is so tasty and amazing. Reception staffs are good speaking and super.Especially,my room is always clean and fresh smells.How many times I got the girlfriend on my bed,the house keeping remake it fresh and tardy.By the way,my bed is like that the heavens.I gave a lot of thanks to house keeping.You are amazing staffs for me.I really be back to stay in that hotel again

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Butter T
Clophill
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Staying in Bangkok and decided at short notice to go for dinner at the Peninsula this evening. We opted for the riverside restaurant. I am afraid it was all rather underwhelming. It appeared as if some sort of special event had just finished and was being cleared. We struggled to get attention to get drinks and food ordered and when our meal eventually came it was very mediocre and much the worse meal of our stay. We did the right thing and expressed our overall disappointment to staff and what appeared to be a manager who offered a complimentary coffee or dessert. Come on this is supposed to be a hotel with a 5 star reputation, at least we had the good sense to stay at The Shangri La where all aspects excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Steve L
Marbella, Spain
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Fantastic hotel, having stayed at many top hotels all over the world I rate the Peninsula, Bangkok as one of my favorites. Very nice rooms, try to get one with a terrace, the breakfast is fantastic, the staff very friendly and attentive. The views are great, the location is not central but the skytrain takes you to most places fast. The swimming pool area is lovely. I just have good things to say about this hotel, will definitely stay here next time again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Eatthemeat
Mandan, North Dakota
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The Peninsula exceeds in all areas. The Thai's warm smiles and service support a relaxing enviroment.
I spent time here at the beginning and the end of the groups travels.
The Spa far exceeds a massage experience. Well worth the price.
The nourishment provided at breakfast buffet supported the vegan choices.
the chef in the Thai restaurant supported the groups vegan with choices. All with the fabulous thai blends.
The view of the river and center of the city also wonderful.
The rooms are spacious and provide enjoyable comfort. Fresh local fruit to try everyday to a treat for foreign travelers.
Orchids every where are treats for all.
All the staff if professional and willing to support your stay.
The hotel provides a boat to take you across the river.
I would stay here again when I return to Bangkok.

Room Tip: Being across the center of the city, noise was not a issue. I had river view in a northern and sou...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I loved the Peninsula.
The quality of the service and attentive staff really make this place. The rooms are quite spacious, and I was delighted to be upgraded to a suite, as my "balcony room" had a problem and I was offered a suite instead. The suite was very spacious and offered gorgeous views on the river.
I was pickup up by the Peninsula shuttle boat at the pier adjacent to the Mandarin and the arrival experience by water was great.
Although one can tell that the "technology" in the rooms must have been state-of-the-art in it's day, it all feels a little dated, but still very functional. My only issue with the suite was that for all it's amenities and spaciousness, there was only ONE electrical outlet accessible in the room, on a vanity in the bedroom. No electrical outlets at the desk in the foyer, or anywhere else for that matter. It seemed like a shame to have a big extension cord running across the floor of the room. But reality is we all need to charge our phone, and usually on the night table.
I am not a fan of "buffets", but the River Café offering was great for a late dinner by the river.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business