“Great hotel & Service”

Ranked #7 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Paris, France
“Great hotel & Service”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at Peninsula for 5 nights in July/2014. We got a transfer from the hotel, a very nice BMW equipped with wifi and mineral water. We arrived at Peninsula around 11 in the morning and for our surprise that room was ready to us.
I got a Balcony Room and received a upgrade for the Grand Balcony Room, from there we got an amazing view... The service was impeccable, we have absolutely nothing to complain.
We had dinner two time at Thiptara, the food and service it is just amazing!
The only thing that I have to complain is about the boat that stop work at midnight, even in the weekend, but it wasn't any major problem as well.
I really recommend The Peninsula Hotel in Bangkok.

kob kun krab :)

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the top floor with nice view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Peninsula_BK, Director of Rooms at The Peninsula Bangkok, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Gustavo P,

Having a balcony so high up in a city is quite unique these days. Glad you enjoyed being able to take in the views of the city from it. Also, we really appreciate the comments about our team and service. How well you are looked after can make or break a hotel. That you are prepared to recommend us shows that the team in this case made it!

We look forward to having you with us again.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (784)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Wonderful luxury hotel with amazing staff.felt very pampered. Riverside location away from the hustle of downtown Bangkok. Boat ride across the river very regal but it takes a long time in the heat to get via boat then sky train to main shopping district. Taxis refused to take us either there or back citing the traffic disruptions caused by rioters.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear silver57,

Sorry to hear that you were caught up in the protests in the city. They did make moving around quite difficult for a little time. Being on our side of the river does provide that little bit of peace and calm.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel was the perfect place to stay in Bangkok. It really offered its guests with the comfort and quiet of a luxury hotel, with the proximity to the main city areas. It was accessible to all the attractions and their boat service to the other side of the water was fast (we never waited more than 5 minutes). The concierge was extremely helpful in assisting the planning of our three days in the city and had good recommendations. The breakfast buffet was very large with many varieties and we were able to eat outside on the balcony with the wonderful views. Relaxing at the pool after a busy day sightseeing was a welcome relief to the heat and still afforded views of the city! Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear VictoriaNYC06,

Only a short boat ride across the river but a whole different perspective of Bangkok becomes visible. Looking back at the city, particularly at night is a great site and being those few minutes away provides just enough of a buffer to make it feel like a relaxing world away.
Thank you for the nice comments. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time with us so much.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have stayed at the Peninsula on several occasions and it never fails to deliver. Great hotel, great location and wonderful staff! This trip was our honeymoon and the hotel did everything it could to make our visit very special.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear BritRockdoctor,

As a supporter of Peninsula already, it is great to be able to have you with us for such a special occasion as well. Glad to hear the team looked after you. It is a special time, memories to last a lifetime.

We look forward to welcoming you back for anniversaries in the future.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Travelled with a family of 4 ( 2 adult, 1 infant and a 4 years old) Booked a one bedroom suite with twin beds for 4 nights. The normal check in time was 2pm, we were 10 minutes early a Japanese gentleman behind the front desk insisted that we waited at the lobby because the checked into the time was 2pm. I was a bit puzzled as I looked at my watch it was only 10 mintues till then but since the family was tired and did not want to be difficult so we waited. Frankly for such a renown hotel I was surprised by the lack of consideration.

The room looked as we expected to be clean and spacious with the baby crib and a complimentary baby basket. However when I looked in the bedroom it was a standard king size bed which was disspointing since requested for a twin. Once informed he rectified straight away. The house keeping was prompt and apologetic as they could see that we were tired and the kids were uneasy.

Once they left I was shocked because from a standard king, they just split the beds into 2 to make 2 singles. The beds were not even standard single beds. They were ridiculously small. While the beds themselves were comfortable but my husband is 6.1" so he had to stay in one position to prevent from falling.

The next morning I went to the front desk. This time it was a Japanese lady. I informed her my problem, she did not even let me finish she immidiately said " They are typical twin beds. We don't have anything bigger than that.." The attitude was impolite and unprofessional.
Since she could not assist nor give me a better option, I asked her to turn the rediculously small beds into a standard King for me and my husband, and get an extra bed for my 3 years old.

My comments are not about value for money. Because we all know if you look for the most for your bucks you would need to look elsewhere. The brand represents luxury, prestigious, quality and comfort which the price reflex in everyway therefore rightly so for those who book at Peninsular Hotel they would want more than just a standard king bed. Also the hotel should put a clause on the web that state if you are looking for twin beds in one bedroom suite it highly not recommended should you be taller than 6".

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Am P
Peninsula_BK, Director of Rooms at The Peninsula Bangkok, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Am P,

We are certainly very sorry to hear of your experience and thank you for your comments. Should you wish to discuss further the short comings of your stay, please do contact the Hotel directly, we would appreciate the chance to follow up with you personally.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Honestly for the price we were disappointed. The hotel is becoming run down particularly the rooms. We were also disappointed with the food & the service which clearly was not 5*. We stayed at Sheraton Grande on Sukhumvit which was in a different league in terms of service, food, rooms, swimming pool, breakfast....i could go on but you get the idea!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank james a
Peninsula_BK, Assistant Director of Food and Beverage at The Peninsula Bangkok, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear james a,

Warmest greetings from The Peninsula Bangkok.

I have noted with great regret that you have not been fully satisfied with our food and service. I would like to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Somchai Pongcharoen
Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was slightly concerned at booking this hotel because of its location on the opposite side of the river where I would normally stay, but I am so delighted that I made this visit to the Peninsula. Actually its position makes it perfect for a quiet escape from the noisy and chaotic parts of the city. Additionally the hotel, whilst being grand and quite traditional, does also have a resort feel about it, since its spa, pools and riverside location offered so many areas for true relaxation and pampering. Check-in was flawless and I was swiftly taken to my 30th floor grand deluxe room, which was highly spacious and comfortable. Housekeeping was fantastic throughout my 6 day stay. Service at the pools was first class and always appreciated: cold drinks served immediately on arrival, free ice creams served and lovely lunches to be enjoyed too. The salas provided great space for lazing and reading. I enjoyed room service meals...beautifully presented and ably served. The Thai restaurant is a great setting for an evening meal and again service so friendly and helpful. Staff at the Riverside Cafe were so kind to me each morning at breakfast and quickly learnt my favourite items and had them ready to serve! Concierge services were very good. Two disappointments (minor)...terrible service at the Business Centre (how antiquated) and on one occasion I was badly dealt with by one of the front door staff who seemed too busy chatting to open my taxi door!
All in all this is a wonderful hotel and during this rainy season there are many good deals to be had! I will certainly return soon!

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear JimDKL,

It is great you had the chance to spend than a few nights relaxing at our "resort in the city". Looking back on the city from our side of the river affords wonderful views, a more relaxed atmosphere while only being a 5 minute boat ride away from one of the liveliest cities in the world.

Sorry to hear there were a few lapses in service, we will work to improve these and do apreciate your feedback.

Hopefully we can welcome you back when you are next looking to relax in the city!