“Taking luxury and pampering to a new level”

The Peninsula Bangkok
Ranked #10 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 27 December 2009

The Peninsula Bangkok is the ultimate hospitality experience... besides the smiling faces of the personel there are the rooms which have been set and decorated to perfection; the food is to die for not to mention the spa. Go there and enjoy!!!!

Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank danny197
Write a ReviewReviews (4,629)

Reviewed 25 December 2009

This is a classy hotel with friendly staff. The pool is relaxing with a bar for anything you would want. This hotel is a bit expensive but you definitely won't be disappointed with the service.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank cashman83
Reviewed 18 December 2009

The Peninsular is slightly away but well connected. The Spa is fabulous. There as a conference going on and yet one could spend time without being hassled.

The service is very good but the front desk manager was irritating.

We used the spa treatments and when we werent happy with one of them, it was repeated next day free of cost. The Spa Manager was very friendly and gave good suggestions.

The food was not very good. especially since we are vegetarians there was little choice for lunches and dinners. Breakfasts were well laid and aplenty choices there.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank nahata101
Reviewed 11 December 2009

I have just returned from another wonderful stay at this hotel having stayed there five years ago and being suitably impressed. I have stayed in many hotels in Bangkok since but hands down the Peninsula is by far the best. Yes, my opinion is somewhat swayed by the wonderful oversized baths complete with inset television. But aside from that everything gleams, there is no sign of wear or tear anywhere in the hotel, the staff are professional and polite and the breakfasts are simply wonderful. The only slight downside is that it is the wrong side of the river and not in the heart of the shopping district for a shopaholic but that is such a small price to pay for a hotel that is run to perfect precision.
Book the Peninsular - even the fussiest of guest can't complain.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Lulublue32
Reviewed 6 December 2009

My husband and I stayed here for some of our honeymoon. It was perfection. The room was amazing and the attention to detail throughout the hotel was superb. The staff are fantastic and immaculately turned out. Everything was great. Couldn't fault it. Definitely one of my favourites - will return.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kangaroo234
Reviewed 6 December 2009

This hotel is so good! It was our third time in Bangkok (the other two staying at Banyan Tree) and will go back again and again.
I really don't know where to start from. The breakfast was an actual feast and the ability to eat outside next to the river makes it unique.
The reception and concierge staff are very efficient.
The room was not a large one but the view was just magnificent.
Last but not least are the "leisure" facilities, e.g. swimming pool, and of course the FANTASTI C SPA!
When I booked for a traditional thai I didn't expect this... The time that you can spend before your therapy in the lockers its a spa itself. Sauna, hamam, hot and cool splunge pools... By the time I had to do the massage I was half relaxed. The therapists are great. They asked me if I had any recent problems with sleeping, breathing, etc and when I told them about my trouble sleeping the therapist gave me to inhale an oil and she also put it on my chest. Believe me it was the first night out of five that had a great relaxing sleep.
My boyfriend used the gym and he came back speachless not because of the facilities themselves (its not big) but from the service.
I could go on and on with the restaurants etc but it wouldn't change the good impression.
Stay there, it worths every cent of it.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank daisyGr
Reviewed 30 November 2009

This is a big luxury hotel just near the river. The room was very nice with luxury dark furniture. The room was good size, and so was the bathroom. The breakfast buffet was very good too, but when I leaved the table to get more food, when I came back my juice, tea and knife and everything was gone like I was finished after 5 min.!?
When I checked in I booked the Mercedes S-class to the airport. When I checked out the next day they didn’t know anything about my booking. And the staff didn’t seem to care either. This is not good for this kind of hotel. But the car was available so I got the trip anyway. But the Merc was 7 years old!
So The Peninsula was a good experience but some things is not “5 star”.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo