5,052 results
All reviews across the river balcony room grand deluxe suite mei jiang fax machine thai restaurant wrong side boat service chao phraya river shuttle boat breakfast buffet view of the river mandarin oriental our honeymoon luxury hotel concierge desk four seasons
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is perfect. The location is great and the views are good - you can also hop on their boat and be at the Oriental in 5 mins. The service is impeccable - nothing is too much to ask e.g. we were given free lunch because our room wasn't ready. Facilities are great - nice shops, great restaurants ...

Brilliant hotel and not too badly priced.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2017

The hotel is spot on for luxury standards. Clean as a whistle, incredible staff, insane views, lovely rooms, beautiful pool and garden area on the river... It has it all. The only thing I would give a 9 out of 10 to was the food. Other than that its perfect.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a room overlooking the river and consider the ones with a balcony. They are definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend decided to stay here for 1 day to celebrating our day together before we get back to Sweden.
We would like to share some of our experiences.
Arrived at the hotel;
I step out of the car a bellhop did not carry my baggage but he carry my partner baggage.
Check in;
A male staff at concierge say hello to my boyfriend but did not say something to me and never mind I thought that just because my boyfriend he booked. Then after we finished the same male sending us to 25th floor before we went out of the lift my boyfriend can feel something unequally so he said " Please lady first" and stopped those guy after the fact the staff he sending us to the room and again he only spoken to my boyfriend and Thank to him and I was like what!? I am just the air!! that he could not see me. Reminds me to know that well I see it's just because I am the past of Asian and my boyfriend are European Honestly!!! He don't actually know who am I?what work do I do? I know a male staff did not say anything to be a negatively but his reaction did I'm so extremely disappointed a staffs need to be improve they attitude to be equally to the guest!!!
The best at room service
Thank you so much for a wonderful at ROOM SERVICE male staff very polite and gentle sorry that I forget to ask about his name but he MADE MY DAY, you did a great job. Thank you so much
The day we check out;
At 9:00 am in the morning the light out air conditioner did not work we packed our baggages with darkness room with sweating body until we go down to check my boyfriend told them about we living in a Sauna and they only said "Sorry sir"
Worst value to spend sorry that I tell the truth keep motivated you are a 5 star hotel

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carolina M
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights with my wife on our honeymoon and have to say it was one of if not the best hotel experience we've had so far. Really nice view of the riverside from our room which was large and comfortable. The hotel staff was always helpful, warm and friendly. The breakfast was awesome with so much delicious things to choose from. And you have the option to sit on the river front and enjoy your meal, if you can bear the heat(btw - they had mist fans to help cool you down). The ferry service was so convenient and frequent, making it easy to get to the Saphan Taksin BTS station if you get off on the Sathon Pier or grab another boat if you need to go somewhere else. The food at the Thiptara restaurant was really tasty even if expensive for Thai standards. The pool was also entertaining as it had several levels. I can't say if the fact that I was on honeymoon had any influence on my view of the hotel but I stand by the fact that it was a wonderous and wonderful experience and needless to say I recommend this hotel if your considering staying in style while visiting Bangkok.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Firstly, the Thai people are the most welcoming and sweet people I've had the pleasure to meet.
Secondly, The Peninsula Bangkok is second to none in terms of friendly, professional staff. The accommodations were first rate. The grounds and common areas were immaculate and perfectly decorated. The room was spacious (for Asia), well appointed, clean and extremely comfortable.
Thirdly, the breakfast buffet was exemplary. Asian side, Western side and usual pastries in the middle. The coffee was out of this world. This bears repeating.....the coffee was out of this world. As was this breakfast juice made from mango and lemon grass tea.
Lunch was superb and they even served my wife an item not on the menu, and did it with a smile.

Room Tip: Our room was great and I'm sure the rest are as nice.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple