We spent a week in Thailand (Bangkok/Pattaya) in April and the first three days of our vacation were booked with Sukhothai. Our flight from Mumbai was landing early morning and since the hotel did not confirm the early check-in request at the time of the booking, I was worried we will have to spend the couple of drowsy hours in the hotel lobby with a kid till the normal check-in time. But on reaching the hotel, the hotel not only allowed early check-in but also upgraded us to a suite. And what a luxury it was for the price of 6000 thb! The bathroom was the size of a room with two separate basins, shower cubicle and a bath tub. There were two toilets in the suite. Daily fruit basket, chocolates, nice coffee machine with refill capsules were all complimentary.
The location of the hotel is also reasonably good. Its a 15 min walk to Sky train station and Patpong market.
Post our stay at Bangkok, we were to travel to Pattaya. I checked with hotel concierge and they arranged a Toyota Camry at a price of 1000 thb for travel to Pattaya. Later I realised that Marriott was asking for 2800 thb for some vehicle to travel back to Bangkok. Even if I would have negotiated with a taxi guy on the street, I could not have got such a good deal. So Sukothai was kind enough not to charge us 200% markup on arranging a taxi with them like other hotels.
Two items that Sukhothai can work upon - 1. Room/suites: I could not find enough spare power points in the room for charging mobile/camera battery. To plug in my charger, I needed to plug out a lamp or a coffee machine. The bathrooms didn't have a latch, so it was manageable as I was travelling with a close family but could have been a serious issue if travelling with extended family.
2. Service: The room service maids/waiters and bell boys need slightly more English skills and were a little pushy. We wanted some creamer/milk for tea and we had tough time explaining it to the room service. On first instant, cream was sent and on second instance full jar of milk. And the room service maids/waiters would straight walk in to your room upon opening the door without waiting for you to allow them in.
Overall, our experience in Sukhothai was so luxurious that our rest of the stay in Thailand in the next two hotels paled before it. Our room in Marriot, Pattaya almost looked like a two star room against Sukothai room and later even the Grand Deluxe upgraded room at Sheraton Grand, Bangkok had a tough time matching it to Sukothai Suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COLONNADE, all-day dining restaurant features live cooking stations, Carving Trolley and a wide selection of Western and Asian favorites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, TravelClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Sukhothai Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sukhothai Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Sukhothai Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Sukhothai Hotel