The Sukhothai Bangkok
Okura Hotels
US$91
Trip.com
2,696 results
All reviewschocolate buffetthai restaurantzuk barbeautiful hoteldeluxe suitesathorn roadhealth clubbusy citycoffee machinethe banyan treebusiness districtluxury hotelpool sidef bfour seasonsour honeymoonceladon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Good location, near the river and just a quick taxi ride away from some of the hot spots in the city. Chic and modern, nice comfy rooms where we had a "pillow menu" (I got the lavender pillow - very nice). We chose the breakfast package and were blown away by the huge, delicious breakfast spread! Definitely worth the money because it kept us going for hours! The one complaint is that the first night we stayed they had a wedding on the grounds that played music and kept us up late into the night. We loved the pool but didn't eat at any of the restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the courtyard!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments as it relates to your recent stay at The Sukhothai.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your lovely comments about our guest rooms, pool and breakfast buffet served in Colonnade. We truly apologize that your stay was impacted by the noise disturbance from an event taking place at the hotel but hope that we were able to make up for the experience in other ways.

We look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

Best Regards

Pattama Yoshimura (Hotel Manager)

Reviewed 5 February 2012

4th stay at Hotel - and one of major disappointment.

This is a difficult review to post, as I had such high expectations from previous visits, and therefore I find this a very sad posting - this was a hotel which I viewed as being one of my favourite in the world to stay - however following my last visit.......
We had to request room change due to odour in room, drains?? - New room poorly presented......dirty carpets in corridors, odour in corridors - drab lighting, not the overall ambiance that a 5* should present. Currently waiting on reply from Management to e-mail I sent 8 Jan, covering all aspects of this disappointing visit - unfortuantely to date no reply.

Massive decline in standards since 1st visit in 2009, and looking online there are better options. Had planned this trip round spending Christmas in this Hotel - were we disappointed - yes. Did we have a good customer experience - no.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank travelprincess27

On behalf of The Sukhothai team, thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

It is always a pleasure to welcome our returning guests and we are therefore deeply saddened that you overall experience with us this time did not meet your expectations. We have recently completed an extensive renovation of all of our guest rooms and were surprised by your feedback.

I trust that you have received our response to your email in which we have acknowledged and addressed the concerns that you shared. I wish to reassure you that every member of our team strives to delight each and every guest and hope that your will afford us the opportunity to restore your confidence in The Sukhothai on a future trip to Bangkok.

Best Regards

Pattama Yoshimura (Hotel Manager)

Reviewed 3 February 2012

We stayed for three days and loved it! The staff reads your mind and does everything to make you feel extremely comfortable. The pay attention to the little things. In particular I liked the different fruits every day, which came with a little brochure telling you something about this exotic fruit of which some I had never seen before.

Room Tip: Try the Thai massage!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2012

A great property, low density, enjoying calmness in this oasis in the middle of Bangkok. Great room and beautiful bathroom. Big pool, great food. Very nice staff too.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2012

It is not easy to pinpoint exactly what makes this hotel so special. It could be the staff - they are so helpful, polite and friendly. It could be the ambience - it so peaceful, so Thai. Perhaps it's the rooms, they just seem so comfortable and right.

But, if someone asked me the model for the perfect city hotel - the Sukhothai would always be the first to my head. I have stayed here several times, in different room types, in different parts of the hotel and I have never had a bad experience. Not a single thing would I improve on.

It may not be the flashiest hotel in Bangkok, nor is it cheap. But it is so classically designed and managed that I would never choose to stay anywhere else in the incredible city of Bangkok. Perhaps the best thing about the Sukhothai is that it expresses everything that is unique and great about this beautiful country.

Room Tip: Stay here - you won't regret it.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business