“Good as a business trip”

The Sukhothai Bangkok
Ranked #35 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Everytime I go on a business trip I stay at this hotel.
So far I have no complaints about anything

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear 39hawaii,

Thank you very much for your great review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to hear that you have chosen us to be your first choice in Bangkok. We aim to offer the best Thai hospitality to our honoured guests to ensure that our guests have a great experience when staying with us at The Sukhothai Bangkok.

We are always looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,597)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed for two nights in a garden suite and I have to say that the hotel is still fantastic after all these years. Yes, there are many new hotels in the city that may be more innovative, and have high tech gadgets, a large shower and a bigger bath etc etc but the service and the design of the Sukhothai is still outstanding. The place is well maintained and the staff is very friendly.

We had a lovely dinner in La Skala, where the chef and his team did a fantastic job. The only area that I feel needs improvement is the breakfast buffet. It lacked variety and the presentation is a bit outdated.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear marcusag,

Thank you for taking your time to write us such a great review.

We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us recently. We are happy to be welcoming you back to the Sukhothai Bangkok. Although we are constantly renovating the hotel, we still keep the important touches that makes us who we are today.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've been to BKK over 15 times and was tired of staying at 'standard' hotels where rooms and services are the same the world over. So this time I wanted to experience real "thai", and The Sukhothai didn't let me down. As flights from my country arrive in BKK early morning and depart late evening, The Sukhothai was very gracious in giving me an early check-in and late check-out. Their restaurants were outstanding. And while buffet breakfasts are buffet breakfasts, theirs was a classy affair. The Thai restaurant is outstanding. The coffee shop/cafe is good too. Their gardens are beautiful and well maintained. It is a great hotel for business travellers as many offices & embassies are neighbouring this hotel. Holiday makers wanting to see sights or shop will have to walk a bit for the Sky train (or hire a cab....which can be annoying during peak hours).

1  Thank pbhat
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Bengalooru,

Thank you for the great review you have given us on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us here and we hope to welcome you back to The Sukhothai Bangkok whenever you come and visit again whether it is for leisure or business.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I spent a few days here and enjoyed one of the best hotel-stays I have had. In a bustling city the hotel wins by being set back from the road and is completely quiet. My room was sumptuous without being over the top - elegant simplicity. Service around the hotel was discreet and efficient and anything I needed to be done needed a simple request and it was done. The two restaurants offer different cuisines and fully complement each other. As 5-star hotels go, this is quietly and regally in the leading peloton.

Dear GarB1,

Thank you for writing such a great review and giving us such outstanding ratings.

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciate our unique style of understated elegance and that our staff were able to attend to your every needs. We hope that you will visit Bangkok again soon and we hope to welcome you back to the Sukhothai Bangkok.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have a thing about hotel rooms. I love them when they have a flow & the layout of the Sukhothai rooms is one of the best I've ever stayed in.

As soon as I walked into my room I knew I was going to love the 10 nights I was staying, in fact the only downside was I was there for work not pleasure.

The layout was circular in design - walking through double doors into a large foyer, a separate guest toilet went off to left & double doors through to the bathroom went off to the right. Walking through into the lounge with sofas, desk & day bed you then continue into the bedroom & from the bedroom through to the bathroom. No need for the gym when you can happily do laps in the room!

The bedroom was huge, the pillow menu extensive & the bed a dream.

The bathroom was ridiculously awesome - full bath tube, separate shower room, toilet & 2 vanity units with 2 separate dressing areas. The kind of bathroom I'd love to have at home.

On top of the outstanding room was the outstanding service. Every single person I interacted with was humble, kind & attentive. Every meal I ate was wonderful - the breakfast buffet was superb. And the chocolate afternoon tea stunning. But it was the Thai & Italian restaurants I really loved. Stand out dish for me was the ravioli & I'd only been on holiday in Italy eating in Michelin restaurants a week earlier.

Would I stay here again - in a heart beat.

Dear Sachalovesfood,

We are honored to have you as our guest and we are delighted to hear that you have had such a pleasant stay in our hotel. Our vision is to be the guest’s preferred 5-star hotel in Bangkok and to make each guests have an unforgettable experience at The Sukhothai Bangkok and its unique dining experiences. We are proud of the Sukhothai team that they were able to shine a glimpse of our vision and to give you the true Sukhothai experience.

We appreciate your kind words and your magnificent in-depth review for The Sukhothai Bangkok. We hope that you would get a chance to come back to Bangkok for leisure, so we can welcome you back to The Sukhothai Bangkok.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Sukothai is a lovely hotel with excellent staff, it is a little expensive but I didn't feel it was over priced. The bed is the most comfortable I have ever slept on anywhere. There is even a pillow menu.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Peter F,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that our hotel as offered you great value and comfort to your stay at The Sukhothai Bangkok.

We are looking forward to welcome you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Bangkok has many five star hotels, however, all are not created equal! As a frequent visitor to Bangkok this hotel is my favourite. While all the five star hotels have the amenities, style, services, in my opinion what makes this hotel so special is the excellent service of their staff, a staff that recall your name, your preferences, and really welcome you to ' their ' hotel..

The location, the hotel grounds are picturesque, as oasis of calm in a hectic city, many choices for dining, within the hotel.. All excellent.

All in all a five star experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear BKKGIRL2000,

Such a great review for us on TripAdvisor!

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay and have gotten to experience the Sukhothai Hospitality. We strongly believe that the hospitality we provide to each of our customers should be customized and individualized to satisfy each guest’s different needs.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.