“Excellent Service”

Ranked #31 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
A TripAdvisor Member
Singapore
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We booked a duplex room and got a free upgrade to a premier suite. The stay in Banyan Tree Bangkok was one of my most enjoyable stay. I never could get a proper sleep in any hotels but this was my first time sleeping through the night and even got up late and had to miss breakfast. Neverthless we made it a point not to miss the 2nd day's breakfast and went for breakfast. Breakfast was fantastic, they had a wide spread of choices and service was excellent. I will definately stay in Banyan Tree Bangkok the next time I visit Bangkok

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Banyan Tree Bangkok

Reviewed 9 August 2011

I arrived 2 hours early but they gave me a room. A great way to start. However, I had to wait 45mins for the room to be ready. While waiting, we were served some chilled lemongrass drink which I thought was a nice touch.
Location wise, it takes around 7mins to reach the Lumphini underground train station on foot.
The room is spacious and the bed is comfy. Some algae on the bathroom walls is visible. Personally, I do not like the idea of the shower/shampoo which is kept in a flask. Firstly, it is topped up disregarding whether the remaining bath/shampoo is clean. Secondly, the flask might slip from the hand or even get knocked off while bathing; the flask isn't cheap. Also take note that the slippers provided is not free so do not bring it home! I am just wondering, are they re-using the slippers?
The worst part about the room is the TV. It is still using the old sch TV and a remote with poor usability.
As for breakfast, if you are ever offered to go to the 59th floor because Romsai (lobby basement level) is full, never accept the offer! Tell them you wanna wait. Because the spread up there is pathetic as compared to Romsai. On 59th floor, it is heavily under-staffed too so it can be quite difficult to get the attention on the waiter/waitress. Back to Romsai, food seems more fresh and taste better. Good spread with more hits than misses. Service here is very good too.
Getting to the rooftop bar is a chore. U have to climb stairs after stairs. The place is rather cramp too. Diners at Vertigo have to suffer the fact that bar patrons kept walking past them, killing the romantic dining experience. Service staff at the bar was a tad disappointing. Cocktails aren't that good too. Nonetheless, the view from the roof top is beautiful.
Overall, service is fast and commendable! However, the room do need some improvement.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank hyleehy
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Dear hyleehy,

Thank you very much for the feedback you posted on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us at Banyan Tree Bangkok.

I was sorry to read that some aspects of your stay left you somehow disappointed, and I hope you accept our apologies for that.

The buffet spread that we serve for breakfast in Pier59 on 59/F is currently being reviewed by our Executive Chef; new dishes will be added and a greater variety of options will be available to guests.

For what pertains to the TV in the rooms, I am pleased to inform you that we are already in the process of upgrading these as well; a number of rooms are already featuring new flat screen TVs, and we plan to complete this project very soon.

I have taken note of all your other comments as well; I do appreciate your sharing your thoughts with us, and be assured that we will take heed from them to gradually introduce the necessary improvements.

On a last note, let me thank you for letting us know that you were impressed with the food and service in Romsai restaurant; I will share your compliments with the team, as this will sure serve to further inspire them not only to uphold the high standards but to also strive to always do better.

It was a pleasure having you with us; I hope that your perception of Banyan Tree Bangkok will not be marred by the few aspects of this stay where we fell short of your expectations, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back some time in the future.

With warm regards,
Sriram Kailasam

Reviewed 7 August 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at Banyan Tree Bangkok and they did not disappoint. I booked the Executive Lounge Suite and everything was as advertised. Check in/out from lounge, staff spoke English very well, design and decor is amazing, finishing in the room is true 5 star hotel standard etc etc etc.

ROOM: Bed was the most comfortable that I can remember in any hotel. A bath in the huge tub with the complimentary bath salts and oils plus such an amazing bed led to a great rest after a long flight.

FOOD: The buffet at Banyan Tree Bangkok is, in my opinion, the best breakfast I've ever had at a hotel anywhere in the world. The food and beverage offerings are extensive, everything is fresh, and the service is great. The best bar in Bangkok is on the roof top of the hotel so, if you get a room that has access to the Executive Lounge, have some complimentary cocktails at the Lounge then go upstairs to enjoy the view. It's a stunning outlook on a big city.

LOCATION: not too far from where you'd like to be...a shuttle service can take you to the sky train (which gives you access to everything) anyway. It is around 30-45 minutes (without traffic) away from MBK so if you are planning on a shopping trip to the centre of town make sure you try to avoid peak hour (it took me almost 2 hours to get back in traffic! SkyTrain is a better option).

TIPS: make time for the complimentary cocktails if they are provided with your room choice, they're well worth it. If it is in your budget order the hotel limousine to pick you up from the airport, it's a nice choice. It is extra but a pleasant addition after a long flight (especially if you are trying to impress someone!)

Room Tip: Get a suite or any room that gives you access to the Lounge
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YoungAussieExec
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We booked, at a very reasonable price, a two bedroom suite for our family of four for two nights. We had notified the hotel of our expected arrival time and were immediately made to feel very special from the minute we arrived. The bell man handed us over to Max who looked after us throughout the checking in process (in the separate club lounge) and showed us to our room and explained, with genuine enthusiasm, its features. Max was brilliant and typified the way the hotel and its staff made you feel like a special guest wherever we went within the hotel. The room was immaculate and beautifully presented, providing very, very spacious accommodation with lovely decoration throughout. Of particular note were the large window sofas in the lounge with views across the city, steam room facility in the large shower cubicle in the master bedroom, automatic expresso coffee machine (stocked with great coffee beans), fantastic bed, bedding and pillows, room incense options (oils and sticks), toiletry options, and inclusive laundry (8 pieces a day). In addition we had access to the club lounge where drinks and food were available throughout the day. Breakfast was taken in the main restaurant and was to a high standard, though we were offered the option to have breakfast in the lounge or in your suite.

We ended up dining at Romsai and Saffron on our two nights, which were both very good, as sadly heavy evening rain put an end to our open air dining experience. This was our only disappointment from the stay. Alcoholic drink and some food prices are high in the various outlets, but this is the case in any genuine 5 star hotel.

Having been fortunate enough to have stayed in many 5 star hotels previously I can honestly say that we received a very memorable experience and, at under £250 per night, offered incredible value for money.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Beebs11
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Did a series of seminars across several cities in SE Asia. Banyan Tree was selected as the hotel for the Bangkok seminar. We originally intended to use another hotel but decided to try it instead. We ended up being blown away by the awesome service provided!

Checking was smooth and received a free room upgrade to the club floor which was nice. The room was well equip and decorated with free aromatic oil and incense provided in the room. The whole hotel make you feel like you are in a Spa all the time. In-room coffee making machine was great especially for a coffee drinker like me.

Extremely pleased with the event team at the Banyan Tree as they were the only hotel that gave us a stage signage and staff assistance to get the seminar materials ready. After running our seminar in many cities and hotels, this was a very nice change.

The checkout was a tad slow but overall the experience has been awesome!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2011

The hotel is a very old hotel with an ideal location. It is like a city atraction that tourist should see, no service at all, they just give you a key and a very bad room.
(The bed is hard, TV old maikng a noise like in the past century, A/C noisy and dusty, safe broken, mini bar amenities very poor, welcome amenities, 2 bananas! Luggage took one hour to be delivered, all day dining food quality very poor and service team members lost, buffet not refilled at 9pm, the hotel is simply full due to the location , the reputation that might have been done in the past but it is like noone cares anymore because it runs by itseld and it will be full anyway. The choice is Banyan Tree or St Regis Bangkok, everybody should choose St Regis, price wise almost the same but Starwood quality that you can't compare.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
3  Thank PStephanieb
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Banyan Tree Bangkok in July 2011.

First of all, I would like to apologize for this delayed response as it has been a particularly busy time.

Reading that we have failed to meet your expectations left me as disappointed as you. Allow me to start with your arrival experience wherein your baggage was delayed. This is rather unusual however, I have spoken to my team about it and you can rest assured that this is not our standard and would not have happened but for extenuating circumstances.

As pertains to the room quality, I take your comments on board and promise to work on it. In fact, TVs are already being replaced floor-by-floor, as part of a phased refurbishment. On the bed quality, generally we get compliments from our guest on the comfort of the beds and for those who like it softer, we do have a “Topping” mattress. With regards to cleanliness and amenities, I would like to apologize if you found them inadequate, and again this has been an important point on which the team’s attention has been drawn to make sure we uphold high standards at all times. You will probably see from various other feedbacks on Tripadvisor itself, that the food selection and quality at our main restaurant, Romsai is generally high; however, we take note of your comments and once again we will work harder to make it better and see where improvements can be added.

Overall, my team and I take such comments very seriously and you can be assured that the necessary re-training measures are being instituted to prevent recurrences.

I realize that this short note will not make the dissatisfaction go away, but I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

With warm regards,
Sriram Kailasam

Reviewed 5 August 2011

My parnter and I stayed in this hotel for one night after a very busy, hectic yet fantastic holiday through Malyasia, Thailand and Vietnam (then back to Bangkok for one night).
My only regret is that I didnt spend more than one day here. It was fantastic.
Hotel service from the door upon arrival until the door upon leaving was fantastic.
Lobby was beautiful. Lifts spaces and clean. Room (club suite) was large, very clean, very modern and had everything you could want.
Massive bed, massive bathroom and oversize spa, everything you could want.
As part of the club suite, you also have the use of the club lounge onthe 19th floor. 24 hour free drinks (anything you want), food, internet etc. Fantastic for any time.
The only sad part was we were meant to have dinner at the Vertigo Restuarant on the roof however the weather (rain) stopped that. So we had dinner at the restuarant below (which is used in that type of weather). The restuarant however was still fantastic, fantastic views of the whole city and as soon as the rain stopped, we were immediately taken upstairs to the roof to commence drinks at the roof top bar. Best view in Bangkok.
Overall the stay was 100% and as what I found overal in Asia, the staff and service were of the highest standard.
Well done Banyan Tree, we will be back.

Room Tip: The club suite was fantastic. You wont regret it.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family