“Great hotel, amazing view and service !”

Banyan Tree Bangkok
Ranked #30 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights about a week ago and loved it. To start with we were provided with a complimentary room upgrade to a premier room on the 55th floor with amazing views looking out to the river. The rooms themselves were also really nice and I loved the separate living/bedroom area as it gave so much more space. On our first night at the hotel we had dinner up a vertigo. The food was really nice, when we went they had a promotion where you could order different game meats. We tried the ostrich and the wild boar, both were really tasty. The view from up at vertigo was fantastic and the staff were brilliant. We were even given a Complimentary photo in a little card to remember our dining experience. I'm sure you could get dinner a lot cheaper elsewhere in Bangkok, but for the view and service, it indefinitely worth a visit. Only down side to our stay was that on our second night our roof leaked, but the problem was quickly sorted once we alerted reception. I would recommend both staying at the banyan tree and eating at vertigo next time you are in Bangkok.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear SarahandPete2011,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Banyan Tree Bangkok and sharing your view with us.

We are delighted that you had a pleasant stay with our room location and facilities and enjoyed your dining experience at Vertigo & Moon Bar. Your review motivates the entire team to work with passion in order to provide our guest the memorable experiences which exceed their expectations.

Again, thank you for your feedback which is noted by our team. We look forward to having you back in a not too distant future and until then remain,

Reviewed 27 March 2013

I stayed at the Banyon Tree Hotel for 3 nights. There are great views from the roof bar - it is a must do. i ate at the Saffron restaurant and the food and service was superb. Breakfasts in the restaurant below the lobby were good but fairly standard.
Service at the hotel was very good, and the rooms clean and fairly well appointed, although some aspects getting a bit old. However overall a good standard of hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Annie11270,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Banyan Tree Bangkok.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most enjoyable one, and thank you very much for sharing such gracious comments; it gives us to continue working with passion.

We are grateful for your patronage and looking forward to be of your service in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

This is a review for only their spa, couldnt find a seperate entry on TA.

We booked a couples room for 3hrs of which I stayed for only 1,5, the GF the remainder. My thought was to relax afterwards in a lounge area but unfortunately that doesnt exist here. The session itself was fantastic with great therapists but I was highly disappointed that there was no seperate relaxing area with pools/steam room/sauna for after. I had to leave the Spa and go back upstairs to the shared pool area to find a sauna with no showers and changing facilities. All felt really disconnected and poorly planned/laid out.

Again, the session and therapists were outstanding but will go somewhere else next time where I can stay inside the spa area for relaxing.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jurganito
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The hotel itself was lavish, with beautiful restaurants on multiple floors and the view from our room was breathing taking! Staff were very friendly attentive. Furnishings were beautiful. My partner and I had dinner at the Vertigo restaurant on the rooftop which was lovely. My partner really enjoyed himself.

Now for the cons... During my stay in Thailand, I quickly picked up on the judgeful glances that had been thrown at me. Many times i was mistaken for being a local Thai girl, and since my partner is Caucasian... well people just assume. But I will say, during my stay in Thailand, most of the female staff at the Bayan Tree Hotel were the rudest of them all! When in the presence of my partner, I was completely ignored. It was that transparent that even my partner noticed! What ever the case may be with hotel guests, the female staff there should treat everyone equally with the highest professionalism.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank peppapug85
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Dear peppapug85

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Banyan Tree Bangkok, and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

I have to admit that I went through your note with sadness and I can only apologize most profusely if you were made to feel uncomfortable and embarrassed in any way.

All guests are equally important to us, and the same level of service and courtesy is accorded to each and every one; it is my sincerest hope that you would take my word as I assure you that there was no intention at any time on the part of our associates to treat you differently or make you feel that you were being treated differently.

However, your feedback has been taken on board and we are sorry if this stay did not turn out the way you may have anticipated owing to such issue. As I note that you did like and enjoy our facilities and the attentive service, I still hope that you may with time overcome any disappointment and perhaps consider giving us a renewed opportunity to welcome you back.

WIth best regards,

A TripAdvisor Member
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I ate in each of the restaurants and the food and service was second to none. Clean, beautifully presented rooms. The outdoor pool is quite small for swimming but very nice for relaxing. Fully equipped gym. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever, but of course for all this there is a pretty price to pay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your review after your stay with us.

We are very grateful of your patronage and happy to learn that you had enjoyed your dining experience at each outlet. You comment has been shared with the culinary and related team as a great motivation.

Thank you once again for choosing our hospitality and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

First time to experience Banyan Tree. Impressed!
Spacious room. Many selection in breakfast, they even offer many different types of tea.
The rooftop bar is a great place to view Bangkok, but too crowded.
The location is the only thing that's tricky. There is about 15 mins walk between hotel and the closest metro station. So if you are up to walk a little bit in the hot Bangkok, that's OK. It's still quite easy to catch a cab in hotel, and taxi in Bangkok is not expensive at all.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear richyding,

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and feel glad the inconveniences that you may encounter did not affect your overall experience. We appreciate your constructive feedback and will be more than happy to welcome you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We have just spent our 4th stay in this hotel and can not praise it enough. Everything including the staff is superb. It isn't cheap but it is valoue and we would recommend taking a room with Club facilities as the free snacks and drinks will save a fortune and are really first rate. We have stayed in other Bangkok Hotels but we believe this is the best.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple