“The best for the last”

Ranked #29 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Vancouver, Canada
“The best for the last”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We started our trip in Thailand at the Sukhothai hotel. Which is right next door to the Banyan Tree. It is also a 5 star hotel. It was day and night compare to the Banyan Tree. I am so impress with this hotel. We stayed here on our last 3 day in Thailand. This is probably the best hotel I've ever stayed at. From the beginning to end. Everything was top notch. We upgraded to Club class and believe me , it was well worth it !!! The room was spacious with fruit basket Although the shower was a little difficult to operate, but once you learn how to do it. It was no problem.The staff are so friendly and helpful and they even remember your name. The club class offers free drinks and canapés. All day snacks and drinks. They even offer to do 2 pieces of laundry for you each day. The breakfast was wonderful. They have a full buffet with asian and western foods and they also have an a la carte menu. Still if you can't find anything you like, they will make it specially for you. The hostess Am and the head waiter Max was exceptional. We really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you upgrade to club class
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Robert W
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Robert W,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Banyan Tree Bangkok and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

It gives us great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with the club benefits, and thank you very much for sharing the gracious comments.

Again, thank you for choosing our hospitality and letting us know that we made your stay a special and cherished one. We look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Bangkok in the near future.

Nopparat Aumpa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,098)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

we stayed at the Banyan Tree for 2 nights before flying back to London and were instantly wowed by the slick service. We were greated and given flowers and whisked up to the executive suite to check in as we were staying in a suite. I must say the refreshing drink and cold towel were very welcome on such a hot humid day. Our suite was simple and elegant and had all of the delightful extras that you would expect of a 5 star hotel as well as a fabulous view of Bangkok. We had drinks and canapés both afternoons in the exec lounge which was nice, however there was a power cut for almost an hour on the first night which meant we really couldn't leave. People with dinner reservations were really starting to get twitchy but the staff dealt with the situation very well. Lots of torches and tea lights arrived and the drinks just kept flowing.

We ate at the sushi bar on our last night which was delicious but the atmosphere was somewhat lacking. The only real disappointment of our stay was the breakfast in the executive lounge, to me the standards were pretty low and more of a 3/4 star quality. We were seated quickly but then just ignored, no one asked if we wanted tea or coffee or any cooked breakfast and we were ignored many times when we tried to catch the waiters attention. The food in the buffet was fine but not outstanding. We eventually ordered eggs Benedict (my favourite) but it was a real let down in quality.

having said that our stay was very enjoyable, and I would stay again, I just think the Banyan Tree need to work on their breakfast offering as I would expect so much more from a luxury brand

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Banyan Tree B, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Geordie_lassie30,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Banyan Tree Bangkok, and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a pleasant one, and thank you very much for your constructive feedback because by telling us what we do right as well as what we must improve, you help us in our continued efforts to meet your expectations, and ensure that exceptional experiences for which Banyan Tree is known are delivered with consistency.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and thank you also for your patronage of Banyan Tree Bangkok. The team and I look forward to having you back in a not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I spent 2 nights in the Banyan Tree in Bangkok as part of our honeymoon. We had a deluxe room and it was lovely. There was a lounge area in our room which had the hotel had given us a bottle of wine and fruit basket. The fruit basket even had a leaflet explaining which fruit was which and a taste guide! The bed was incredibly comfortable and we had great views of Bangkok from the massive windows. The bathroom was stunning with a deep bath and large shower. The toiletries provided were very nice and there was no shortage of clean towels and funky bathrobes!

Breakfast was brilliant with a huge selection of both western and Chinese breakfast foodstuffs. The staff were very helpful and would gladly help get you anything you needed. There was even sparkling wine available alongside the fruit juice if you fancied a mimosa with your breakfast!

One thing which stuck out for me was how fantastic the hotel smelled. Each day there were 2 essential oils which were put in oil burners around the hotel (they were everywhere – in the rooms, corridors, reception, restaurants etc) and this really gave a unique touch to this hotel.

The concierge service was fantastic; they were able to arrange taxis and give you advice on where to go whether you were looking for a night out or a historical temple to visit. There were very friendly and helpful. We went on an overnight excursion and the reception staff were happy to arrange breakfast boxes and even kept our luggage overnight so we could travel lighter.

I would definitely recommend the Banyan Tree in Bangkok, it is less central than some of the other hotels but this is not a bad thing as it is cheap and easy to get around Bangkok either via taxi or skytrain etc.

1 Thank trixibelle7
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear trixibelle7,

Thank you also for praising our associates, your words are a great testimony of their commitment and dedication to creating memorable experiences for our valued guests. We are also delighted to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast and the incense fragrance around the hotel.

Uppsala, Sweden
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is absolutely one of the best hotel i have ever stayed at!

i upgraded my room at arrival, for 1400b extra i got the club benefits, worth it! you will have a room upgrade and also free drinks and canapes in the club area..

i stayed in the juniorsvit, very nice!! and i think maby the most comfortable beds in Thailand?
bathroom was luxurious, and big screen tv both in office room and bedroom.

Poolarea was ok and also staff provided us with free minidrinks :)

Overall, top 5 hotel in Bangkok, and i will for sure be back.

i also contacted front office for receip during my stay, i just received a very professional answere to all my questions!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Markus T,

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a pleasant one, and thank you very much for sharing such gracious comments; it gives us energy to continue the legendary service for your satisfaction once we meet again in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and thank you also for your patronage of Banyan Tree Bangkok. The team and I look forward to having you back in the near future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed in the one bedroom suite for a long weekend after a hard business trip. I was looking forward to it and I haven't been disappointed. I have stayed here before. The space and design are to die for. It really feels like 'home' and even though BKK has a lot to offer I spend and awful lot of time 'at home'. The suite is also incredible value for money. Lot's of personal little touches and the bathroom is perfect. A bathtub to sink a battle ship... I really really like it here and will be back. You can always check out - but you can never leave ;)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

1 Thank TravelTigers
Dear TravelTigers,

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a pleasant one, and thank you very much for sharing such gracious comments; we are delighted to learn that you feel like home when you stay with us.

melbourne-australia
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Hello, never stayed in Bangkok and really just wanted to do the Hell fire pass tour so we decided on the Banyan tree Hotel and I am so glad we did. First of all, the Hotel is nowhere near the protesters and is a good part of town. After checking out a few Hotels I decided on this one for it offered free alcohol and at roughly $275 aus a night, we couldn't go wrong. We only stayed 3 nights here after our trip from Coconut Island, Phuket but we could have easily stayed more. We had room 1702 and being booked in the club room, had our check in on the 19th floor. We arrived around 2:30pm and after the Hotel arranged a van transfer (there is 5 of us) we were taken to the 19th floor where we were greeted and after the paper signing and complimentary drink, shown to our rooms. We originally asked for 3 separate rooms but next to one another or at least on the same floor but we were not guaranteed this. They could give us rooms but on different floors. The other alternative was a single bedroom suite and a two bedroom suite so my wife and I took the single bedroom suite, 1702 and our friends took room 1704. Both rooms were great.
Our room was huge. You entered into a big open room with a full kitchen, 6 seater dining room table, a big writing desk, arm chair and two couches. Also was two mini fridges and a TV and dvd player. Walking through a door into the bedroom where there was a huge king size bed, another couch and a TV and DVD player. Go through another door opens up to another huge bathroom with a big shower with twin shower roses, a separate bath tub with a TV on the wall, twin vanity basins and a separate toilet which had a courtesy soft light on so you could easily see where you are going at night. The bed was comfy and you could order different pillows to suite, there was separate controls for the air con in each room and a good size safe. This room had it all. The freebees were alcohol from approx. 10am in the morning till 8:30pm with cocktails from 5:30pm till 7:30pm. You had a choice of three cocktail each night. The alcohol was Singha beer, sparkling wine, white and red wine. The girls loved the sparkling wine and of course the cocktails. I like Singha beer so I stuck to that. There could have been other beer, I can't remember. If you are there for lunch, they make freshly cut sandwiches as well as cakes and condiments laid on. Chicken, Ham, cheese sandwiches all sorts. Eat as much or as little as you want. Same for afternoon tea. Pastry currie pasties and sausage rolls, cakes, cheeses, bickies, prawn savouries and lots of other yummy things. Honestly, you really didn't want dinner after this (but we did) Speaking of which, another highlight was the open roof top restaurant called Vertigo and wow, the view is spectacular. You can get the lift to the 59th floor then you have three flights of stairs to get to the roof. There is a bar called the moon bar which is at one end of the roof top. That is higher again. You do need to book. Dress code is men must wear long pants. I saw 3/4 pants on one bloke but of course girls can where short dresses, shorts, whatever but I wondered why us blokes can't where nice dress shorts for whatever reason so men, pack a pair of long strides. Now this is opulence eating here. I have never done and don't ever plan to again pay $100aus for a steak. Even a Latte cost $9 aus so be prepared but as one of our party said, we are here and don't plan to be here again so let’s just do it. The food was superb and the presentation was fantastic. When our five main meals came out, they were under a silver dome in which five waiters lifted all at once to give it the wow factor. I had what is called a mangaloo steak (I think that is what it was called) anyway it is a T'Bone without the eye fillet. Cooked superb and melted in my mouth. So it should have for that price!! All up it cost around 20000 baht. We nearly fell over so around $140 aus each. That included drinks and sweets. They also take your photo and give it to you as a memento. I took so many photos of the view. I didn't really want to leave but we did. I am glad we did it. Back to the room. There is a 2 item laundry per day and if you had it collected in the morning, they bought it back later that day. We took ourselves down to the central pier. The hotel got us a taxi, handed us the taxi details just in case something happened??? Like what? anyway it cost us 53 baht ( under $2aus) so I gave the taxi driver 100bht and he thought we were great blokes. Anyway walk to your left to the booking office next to a money exchange booth and for 150bht you can get an all-day ferry ride sort of hop on hop off service up and down the river so I think where we got on was stop number 3 so we went to as far as it goes at stop number 13 and came back to stop 9 which is what you take to get off to the presidential palace. Again men, you need long pants to get in. We walked around for a while forever getting asked if we wanted a tuk tuk. We walked back to pier 8 then caught the ferry back where we started. The sky rail is at central pier so we jumped on this. Cost 28bht so $1aus and got off at exit 4 within walking distance to the Hotel. Back in time for lunch and beer!! We originally talked about going to a weekend market and the Hotel had organised a courtesy bus for us but we didn't go in the end. My mate and I did the river cruise and the three girls did the shops. There was free Wi-Fi in the room, they gave us 2 door keys and also replenished the bowl of fruit in the room. Our tour of Hell fire pass had us leaving the Hotel at 7am. The club breakfast doesn't start till then so the Hotel said we could have breakfast downstairs for this opened at 6am. My wife enjoyed the day with the girls but she mentioned the shopping wasn't much. There is a big wheel (ferris wheel like the London eye) that you can see from the rooftop but it starts at 4:30pm and unfortunately I didn't get to go on it. We had an early flight out of Bangkok to Melbourne the Sunday but we had to leave the Hotel at 5:30am. The hotel insisted we have a breakfast box which they gave us as we loaded onto the transfer bus and this was great. I wouldn't mind coming back to Bangkok and spending more time here. Bangkok is big and skyscrapers everywhere. The Banyan tree has a few Hotels around the world and if they are anything like the one at Bangkok, it would be great. All the staff were helpful. English at times was broken with some but we never had any problems getting our point across. Would I come back here, you bet. Thank you Banyan tree. It was a great choice of Hotel. Keep up the good work............Oh well back to work !!

Room Tip: Do the club room.......
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank morris-travella
Dear morris-travella,

It gives us great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you very much for sharing the gracious comments.We are also happy to learn that you had a great time at Vertigo and that you enjoy our club benefits.

Tortosa, Spain
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Having spend some of our honeymoon here, I was expecting to be disappointed, but the Banyan Tree surpassed my remembances. Good quality rooms and attentive service. Highly recommend a visit to the Vertigo restaurant for unsurpassed views of Bangkok at night. A true 5 star hotel.

Dear Sue G,