“Too good!”

Ranked #28 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Perth, Australia
“Too good!”
Reviewed 27 October 2008

We stayed in a Tree Club Suite for 4 nights through a wedding package. The package was excellent and include two fabulous meals - Saffron and Vertigo, and an amazing massage each. The customer service was outstanding and I couldn't fault anything in the hotel. Would not hesitate to go back. It was all pleasure and no business!

• Liked — The staff
3 Thank Marnie13
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this review, 31 October 2008
Dear Guest,

I am writing to you to respond to your feedback which we have received through TripAdvisor in regards to your recent stay at the Banyan Tree Bangkok and I would like to firstly thank you for sharing your experience with us as your valuable feedback is helping us to improve both our services as well as our product.

We were delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and wish to thank you very much for your gracious comments about our hotel facilities as well as our services as your feedback will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with others, and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Banyan Tree Bangkok.

George Koumendakos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,098)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
AUSTRALIA
Reviewed 24 October 2008

My husband and i stayed here for our honeymoon to do some shopping before we headed off to koh samui. I loved it, we had the club room which was great. They had a business centre which was great as i owe a business and still had to do work while i was away. We did have noise distrubance one night as they were fixing the lock across the hall with a drill. We complained the next morning. When we returned from our shopping later that day there was an apology note with fruit and chocolate which was a nice gesture. The tub was SO BIG i couldn't wait to get back to the room to take a bath. Had a great experience there

• Liked — Nice and clean, very professional and friendly
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank WOMAN101
Dear Guest,

I would like to hereby apologize for the disturbance which you have experienced during your stay with us.

We were delighted however to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us and wish to thank you very much for your gracious comments about our Banyan Tree Club Room as well as our business center facilities as your feedback will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced.

Essex
Reviewed 21 October 2008

We stayed here at the end of September before going on to Koh Samui Bo Phut Resort. The hotel is magnificent and the service was first class. The food was superb from breakfast to dinner in Vertigo!! This restaurant is something else......you feel as though you can touch the stars, the view is spectacular. Shopping in Bangkok is an experience and we only scratched the surface - so we will have to return!!

The staff were very helpful, polite and were always smiling, nothing was too much trouble. Our room was very comfortable on the 56 floor and the views were awesome. We used the pool which was very welcome after a days shopping. This is a great hotel, great attention to detail by pleasant and professional staff. Thank you Banyan Tree for a very memorable stay.

• Liked — comfortable room with amazing views
  • Disliked — nothing
3 Thank jacquistuart
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this review, 24 October 2008
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and wish to thank you very much for your very gracious comments about our hotel services and facilities especially in regards to the quality of our Vertigo restaurant facilities as your feedback will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards you have experienced.

Perth
Reviewed 10 September 2008

We booked the Banyan Tree Bangkok on their own website and rate was better than I could find elsewhere.

Our first experience with the hotel was not so great. We arrived at around 4pm to be told they were out of non-smoking rooms so they would like to offer us a smoking room instead. Since we reserved a non-smoking room a couple of months before and they accepted the reservation I was a bit annoyed and was ready to move to another hotel. They then said that if we wanted to wait until 6:30pm a non-smoking room would become available. We had been travelling and were tired so I was pretty annoyed that this had happened at such a reputable hotel. But I was too tired to argue and accepted their offer to wait in the club lounge until they had a room available.

At 6pm they returned and said that because of the inconvenience they would like to offer us a Club Floor room on the 57th floor, daily breakfast and club lounge access for the duration of our stay. They were also very apologetic and extremely professional in the way they handled this error.

Although the club room is the same as the deluxe view we booked (but on a higher floor), the free breakfasts and club access was a nice bonus and we appreciated that they made a decent effort to rectify the situation unlike so may hotels I stay at these days.

The suites are lovely and ours was not at all tired unlike what has been reported in some other reviews. Sure, there is no plasma TV and the bathroom is not massive but in general the suites are decked out beautifully and have a certain charm that some high-end hotels seem to lack. The his and hers toiletries bags and the daily incense oils and sticks provided are a nice touch.

The view is great but took a bit to get used to - I am not the fondest of heights : )

The pool area is adequate and the breakfast buffet offered at the restaurant had a good selection of dishes and beverages. Although, it got quite crowded on weekends and the service dropped accordingly on those days.

The club lounge is nice and the service there excellent. The choice of drinks and canapies is quite good while the breakfast offers plenty of choice.

We went to the Moon Bar at Vertigo for a few drinks one evening. This is on the roof of the hotel and is one of the most amazing bars I have ever been to.

Service in the hotel is outstanding and no matter where you are or which department you are dealing with you are always made to feel special.

My birthday fell on one of the evenings we were there and I was pleasantly surprised when in the evening we had a knock on our door and a very delicious complimentary birthday cake and card were delivered. I guess they must have got my birthday date from my passport when we checked-in? It was a lovely touch and wonderful surprise.

We used the limousine service for our transfer to the airport on check-out and it was great heading to the airport in a new Mercedes S-class.

Overall, despite the initial hiccup at check-in, I would highly recommend the Banyan Tree in Bangkok and look forward to staying there again and trying some of their other properties! It really is a true 5 star product.

• Liked — Amenities, comfort, ambience, luxury kit-out
  • Disliked — Nothing, it exceeded my expectations
2 Thank MalouPerth
New York, NY
Reviewed 3 September 2008

I absolutely cannot say enough about the Banyan Tree in Bangkok. I have traveled to many five star hotels but the service at this hotel sets it apart as one of the best hotels in the world. From the moment you arrive, the staff is genuinely waiting to help you with essentially anything you might need. You feel as though they are all catered to each guest and willing to help with virtually anything you need (i.e. Spas, day and night excursions, late night room service additions, city restaurant recs, you name it). The best part of the hotel is without a doubt the spa which has a laundry list of various services offered. the restaurants are also to die for. vertigo has amazing unmatched views spanning the entire city while bai yun has the most delicious cantonese style food and great ambience. Plus if you stay on the executive floor of the hotel (only costing us a paltry $180/nt), you are allowed free drinks and snacks all day and complimentary cocktails from 5 pm through 10 pm). If i had to twist my arm to give any negative aspect of staying here, it would be that the breakfast selection is just average. I am usually very against staying in the same place twice for multiple visits to one city, but after my stay at Banyan tree i cant imagine staying anywhere else!!!

• Liked — Unbelievable service, spa, restaurants, daily amenities, cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Breakfast buffet selection was limited, somewhat slow computers in the business center.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NinaE615
Larry17633
Reviewed 28 August 2008

Absolutely fantastic place to stay in Bangkok if you don't mind being a little way from the cut and thrust of Bangkok. The hotel itself is amazing.

Booked the Hotel through its own website, though its own Summer Deals pages which were cheaper than any of the other Hotel Websites, plus you know you're dealing with the Hotel directly which alays gives you a good feeling.

The hotel itself is everything and more that you would expect from a 5 star. The staff and knowledgable and friendly. We stayed in a Deluxe View Suite which was brilliant. Great views over the city and lots of nice touches in the room.

The open air pool on the 21st floor was a first for me and great in the heat of the sun. The restaurant on the roof was superb also. A 3 course meal for two, with drinks and a complimentary photo came to around £85. Bargain! Could easilly spend more, would still be worth it as view, character and food were excellent.

There is a great Night Bazzare just 5minutes walk from the hotel which is definatley worth a look. Can get good food and massages there, plus ll the usual gifts that you would expect from a night bazzar. Could easilly spend hours there.

If you stay here or just eat in one of the restaurants you won't be dissappointed!

• Liked — The quality of the fixtures and fittings
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Larry17633
London
Reviewed 23 August 2008

Quite possibly the most amazing hotel I've ever been too. I paid a bit extra for a club room and had a lady take me to the club floor for check in. We had a choice of 5 different pillows and a floral bath with candles plus a free 15 massage. Room also includes free items of dry cleaning per day - imagine getting your pants wrapped in tissue paper! Club room also comes with cocktails and canapes in the eve which are made by a different restuarant each eve.

The breakfast buffet is amazing - all foods from around the world.

Definately make a trip to Vertigo the highest open top bar/restuarant in the world.

We arrived with our backpacks in a tuk tuk and received the same welcome as the limo's. Very friendly staff all willing to help. The business suite even sorted out a fed ex box of all our shopping.

The swimming pool and spa is first class and v v cheap by Western Standards. The restuarants and room service are expensive but then it is a five star hotel and you'll never get room service like it for a cheese toastie.

The hotel runs a free shuttle to the metro and also local attractions but is only a five min walk to the metro.

I will definately be coming back here I love it

• Liked — The room and the servie
  • Disliked — Having to leave!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrCroc
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this review, 22 October 2008
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to receive such gracious comments about our Food & Beverage facilities as well as our services as your feedback will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.