“Urban Luxury”

Banyan Tree Bangkok
Ranked #37 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A last minute travel plan to Thailand resulted in us booking into this amazing property in the financial hub of Bangkok. Due to room unavailability, we were upgraded, since we landed early we were checked-in well before the standard check-in time. The litlle touches that separate a great hotel from the rest of the lot are all to be found in this single tower of luxury and service.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, better the view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear ShivsinMumbai,

Thank you for choosing Banyan Tree Bangkok, and for taking the time to write a review about your experience.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was pleasant, and thank you very much for sharing such gracious comments; it gives us energy to continue the legendary service for your satisfaction once we meet again in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and also for your patronage of Banyan Tree Bangkok. The team and I look forward to having you back in the near future.

Nopparat Aumpa

Write a ReviewReviews (6,649)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Banyan Tree for 4 nights and we were blown away by the service level! You are greeted with a jasmine flower bracelet and your bags are hustled away to be brought to your room. We had a "club" level room so as soon as they noted that they brought us to the club to check in where we got cold hand towels and juice.

Our room was great. There was a huge tub and soft bed. We got both a daily incense and essential oil, a daily fruit basket, complimentary water (lots of it which is much needed in the heat) and tea and coffee. With turn down service we got a small gift on our beds, cookies, and our robes and slippers laid out (they even folded clothes left around the room.)

The staff were very responsive to all requests, I almost felt bad asking for things because they would do things the second you asked. I called just to ask where to leave the laundry (which we got two items done complimentary a day) and they sent someone to get it immediately even though they would have just collected it from the hall during cleaning time usually. I was up earlier than the gym opening time so they would open it just for me at 5am every day. We booked several activities though the concierge desk who were really helpful in taking care of our plans and getting us to and from places. They also were great at helping me mail postcards. The club floor staff were so kind and serve breakfast, snacks, tea service and beverages all day (at breakfast there was always tons of food options from many parts of the world, they made eggs to order, and it was hot, fresh and it tasted great.) They even opened the floor at 3 am for the world cup game and gave my husband free drinks even though they usually closed at 11pm and didn't open again till 6am. All the staff speak great English too which is incredibly helpful!

We had a massage at their spa and it was probably the best experience I've had at a spa ever. They serve you tea while they wash your feet to start, let you choose an essential oil for below your bed, they wash off the oil when they are finished and you get fruit yogurt and more tea when you are done. They have several different kinds of massage which seem to be a mixture of Thai massage with other types.

We also ate at the Thai restaurant which had incredible food and service and had drinks at the moon bar which had a great view of the city (but does close if it's been raining.)

My only complaint was the night we got back to the hotel latish at 10:30pm none of the restaurants would seat us so close to closing time (11pm) but the concierge got us in a taxi headed to a market for dinner. Speaking of Taxis they would always give you a little card that had a translation of "please take me to......" and included a list of the most popular destinations as well as a map of the hotel location and address so you could ask taxis to get you places if they didn't speak good English.

I would 100% recommend the hotel and I hope to stay here again soon.

Room Tip: You must have dinner or drinks at the moon bar (roof) it's an amazing view!
1  Thank mollydollyk

Dear mollydollyk,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Banyan Tree Bangkok and for taking the time to write a review about your experience.

It gives us great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay in Banyan Tree Club Room, and thank you very much for sharing the gracious comments.

Thank you also for praising our staff, we will continue to create memorable experiences for our valued guests. We are also delighted to learn that you had a wonderful experience at Spa.

Again, thank you for choosing our hospitality and letting us know that we made your stay a special and cherished one. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Spent the first 4 nights of our 30th wedding anniversary celebration holiday to Bangkok, Bali, Singapore and Hong Kong at the Banyan Tree Hotel. It was just wonderful. We were in a superb room on the 45th floor - the views were truly stunning. Every one of the many staff were so friendly, charming and helpful. Lovely little luxurious touches made the experience so special - fresh orchid in the bathroom, oil-burning scent and incense stick changed daily for a different scent for each day of the week, different exotic fruit provided in room daily, plenty of bottled water provided each day, toiletries in tasteful pots. Huge bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic; plenty of choice of Western and eastern options to suit everyone. The roof-top bar, Moonbar, was worth going up to experience the night lights over the city although drinks were quite pricey. Everything was just about perfect. We felt incredibly privileged to have stayed in such luxury; can't imagine staying anywhere quite as special again.

Room Tip: Book a room as high as possible facing the front for spectacular views

Dear MrGilbus,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Banyan Tree Bangkok, and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was pleasant, and thank you very much for sharing the gracious comments; it gives us energy to continue the legendary service for your satisfaction once we meet again in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience. The team and I look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at the Banyan Tree Bangkok not too long ago. For a five star hotel near the city centre is represents very good value. It generally charges less than some of the other obvious choices in the area.

The Good: The service standards at are outstanding, as they are at the other Banyan Trees I have had the good fortune to visit (Bintan and Phuket). You feel well taken care of her with the staff always warm and personable. The Spa is also outstanding as you might expect. While more expensive that the local spas, you do get an experience commensurate with the higher cost. The open areas also breathe a relaxed type of luxury, as opposed to the 'royal' type of luxury you get at some other 5-star hotels. Subtle but very nice. Also tried the room service food (excellent), Gym (ok) and Pool Area (Lovely)

The Could-Be-Better: I'm afraid I wasn't overly blown away by the rooms. They seem a bit 'dated' for want of a better term, especially when compared with other similar hotels in the area. The basics were there and the standard Banyan Tree touches were definitely there, like the burning incense. However, I was still rather underwhelmed. Also, the warm water in the shower was inconsistent which was trying to say the least. The view though, especially from the higher floor rooms was outstanding. Also slightly underwhelming was the breakfast spread although in fairness it was sufficient and tasty. Some other hotels do wow you more with their breakfast though.

The Unfortunate: The location I'm afraid wasn't ideal. The nearest BTS train station (Sala Daeng)along with an MRT station is just about within walking distance but in the usually humid weather, you end up arriving a little sweatier than you would like. I understand they do provide transfers (never tried it) and you can always take a cab but there is still the traffic to deal with. The nearest proper shopping centre is also next to the abovementioned train station so it's also a bit of a walk. In truth though, your mileage here may vary. Some may be ok with the walk but I stayed there quite a few days and after the first two the walking got rather old very quickly. However, on the flip side, the 'renowned' Silom district is also near this same train station, which makes it within walking distance from the hotel. If you aim to spend some time there then staying at the Banyan Tree is a boon. I usually prefer hotels with a direct connection to a train station though for the convenience.

All things considered, I might actually stay here again. I suppose that means that the pros may just about overcome the cons. I have always had a weak spot for hotels that isolate you from the hustle and bustle of a busy city allowing you to relax when you want to and dive into the madness only when you are ready. The Banyan Tree Bangkok certainly fits this bill. All in all, a very good option at an excellent value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sala23
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Sala23,

We are very happy to learn that your stay was pleasant, and thank you very much for sharing such gracious comments; it gives us energy to continue the legendary service for your satisfaction.

However, we apologize for the inconvenience which you encountered regarding the location. We are also noted about the room which we will improve it.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This is my first time in this hotel. Everything is very good. I really like people here as they are willing to help and extra. I enjoyed my breakfast here as there were variety of selection. The pool is not big, rather small but the area is relax and comfortable. Overall I emjoyed my stay and looked forward to be back again!

Stayed: June 2014
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Chaosanyee,

Thank you for choosing Banyan Tree Bangkok and for taking the time to write a review about your experience.

It gives us great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you very much for sharing the gracious comments.

Thank you also for praising our associates, your words are a great testimony of their commitment and dedication to creating memorable experiences for our valued guests.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel grounds are very luxurious, sanctuary like....we opted for a junior suite with executive lounge privileges so they took us to the 19th floor for private check-in. We handed a welcome drink and then off to our room, easily done.

Pro's
-nice location, a few long blocks to the BTS
- executive access lounge option
-really comfortable bedding
-room itself is fabulous
- several restaurants on the property
-vertigo lounge on the rooftop has SICK views of the city!
-Huge breakfast buffet (they even had skim milk, which I couldn't get for my coffee anywhere)

Con's
-the spa area isn't great. The steam room and sauna are not in the women's changing area but rather next to the pool and there is no restroom in that area, you have to walk past gym to change etc...also, there is no water in the area, you have to walk to the gym are to get it. The steam room is old and small...it felt kinda gross. The women's changing area didn't have any toiletries except the very basics and the water was lukewarm.

-the staff was very nice but I didn't get an over all warm feeling like I did at the previous hotel I stayed in.

-don't use the hotel tailor for custom clothing. I asked the concierge if she had a recommendation and she arranged for someone from the tailor to pick us up, which was nice but upon arrival their prices were ridiculous, the guy started out at the "typical american tourist" price before they cut it in half but by then we were over it and went to a place our friend who is native to Thailand recommended, which was even less money And top notch materials, no cheap stuff, lol.

-lukewarm water in the shower

-the bathtub is beautifully placed by the window to overlook the city for added luxury but you can't bathe with a city view because the high rises around you can see right in, at least where our room was located that was the deal. The tub is very high around, so if you're elderly, it's not easy to get in/get out of. It's also nice and deep but very narrow....

-room service wasn't that great. The friend rice was bland, the Bread was stale,

Overall, I would not stay here again but I'm glad I did so I had a comparison to other hotels of it's caliber in Bangkok. for the money it's worth it but I wouldn't pay top $$$, I think there are other hotels in Bangkok that have more to offer overall.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Maggie G,

Greetings from Banyan Tree Bangkok, and many thanks for sharing your views and thoughts on your recent stay.

We were glad to learn that your experience in the hotel was overall met with comfort, quality service and facilities, and have likewise noted your comments on the aspects which were cause for some inconvenience.

I would like to spare a few more words on the tailor experience, which I was very sorry to read but I am glad you took the time to share it; let me assure you, Maggie G, that the team has been made aware of this regretful incident and we will look into it to avoid any similar occurrences in the future.

We are appreciative of your patronage this time, and thank you again for choosing the hospitality of Banyan Tree Bangkok as your home away from home during this recent visit to Bangkok; we are a bit saddened by the fact that this stay may remain an isolated one, however hope that you would reconsider that with time and eventually give us other opportunities to be of service to you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Very best quality hotel in all aspects....Staff are very kind and professional. This is a highly recommended hotel for those who are looking for a sanctuary. Though it is in the heart of the city, the hotel provides all choices such as great spa, best restaurants-Chinese, Japanese, and International. It is also easy to commute to many landmarks and is close to the BTS skytrain and MRT for underground transportation. What's more you can ask!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Suwat S,

Thank you for choosing Banyan Tree Bangkok and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you very much for sharing the gracious comments.

Thank you also for praising our staff. We will continue to creating memorable experiences for our valued guests.

Again, thank you for choosing our hospitality and letting us know that we made your stay special. We look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Bangkok in the near future.