Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #9 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I decided to stay at the Sheraton Grande, based on a recommendation of a good friend. As soon as our car pulled up at 11pm I was very glad that we chose this hotel. Check in was simple, fast and friendly, the front desk agent seemed to be expecting us. The room was perfect and very comfortable. I very much liked having the butler service bring up cappuccinos whenever I felt like it. The breakfast buffet at this hotel is probably responsible for the extra weight I gained on this trip. Could also be the seafood dinner buffet. The pool was lovely and refreshing, and the staff that I encountered in every part of the hotel was kind and helpful. I would totally recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to visit Bangkok.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marketmiami1
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear Marketmiami1,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your feedback with us in TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed your check-in process with our Front Desk team, the Butler service, the breakfast and dinner buffet spread at Orchid Cafe, the tropical oasis of our swimming pool, and most importantly, the level of customer service provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors. As part of The Luxury Collection hotels, we continuously strive to provide our guests with an incomparable stay. Your comments have been shared with the team and we look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

Richard Chapman

Write a ReviewReviews (3,853)

Reviewed 18 August 2013

The Sheraton is a good hotel, that must be made clear and by European standards it would be excellent, but considering the competition within Bangkok I would consider my experience average. This is the 6th time that I have stayed with the Sheraton and I can honestly say that in the past it was the best because of the excellent customer service. I often travel alone, and I appreciated the friendliness and that they always seemed to recognise you. That was why the Sheraton would be my automatic choice without consideration of other 5 star hotels.

I hope this feed back is constructive:
I arrived at 15:30, there was a Q and it took 10 minutes for an assistant to reach me, there were not eneughg terminals, and he passed by credit card into the machine of a full time reception staff without mentioning to him, who if I had not pointed it out was about to charge a different customers bill to my card. No "welcome back" . I am an spg member and had booked a better room, with some perks like Laundy, cocktails etc. when I was shown the room, these were not mentioned to me, I had to ask. Also somewhat impersonal in comparison to before, and considering its my 6th visit.

The reception desk is too small for a hotel of this size, more trained staff are needed to cope with peak periods.

Positively, the room was good, with a fantastic city view as requested. Also they agreed to a late check out to suit my evening flight.

Check out at around 18:30 was again the same experience, had to wait, though less than before. This time, the receptionist remembered to return my credit card at the last moment.

Generally the hotel the atmosphere was less welcoming and the hotel "busy". The door and coniege staff, particularly the trainees, were good.

Another example; one evening, I had a problem with my shower. The control was stuck on hot. I reported it, abandoned the shower and went accross the road for some minor shopping. i returned 45 minutes later, the technician had the valve in pieces and took a further 20 mins to fix. That's not a problem, these things happen. In the past Sheratons service would have gone beyond what is expected and they would leave a chocolate spanner behind. A very nice touch. This time just fix and gone, like would happen everywhere.

Breakfast is supposed to be until 11:00, however from 10:30, staff start tidying tables, at 10:50 the first food was being removed. All of this should star after a 11:10. I asked, why it was being cleared and was told that they opened at 5:30. I said that I am not awake at 5:30 and was then told that the Japanese are. The buffet is good, although again a decline, only salmon pâté when before smoked salmon, there were a couple of flys buzzing around the pâté dishes which was off putting. The Virginia Ham looked like the tail of the ham left from the previous day with the fatty end that I asked to be trimmed. The Tabula "a sort of morrocan salad with lemon tomatoe and parsley" was terrible without any lemon.

Many of lights for the lift buttons on many floors do not work.

Previously I remember seeing the hotel manager walking around and checking how things were going. Not this time. Just had the impression of a decline.

Good was room, bed, excellent location, fantastic view, good quality soap, great croissants at breakfast (are they made at the hotel?).

So, overall a good hotel, but there are many good and excellent hotels in Bangkok and I had the impression that it was no longer top of the class.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank PeterCbrussels

Dear PeterCbrussels,

May I thank you for staying at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to write us a constructive feedback. I was very concerned to learn of your disappointment on the lack of attention to details of our Guest Service Agents, the inattentiveness of our Front Desk, and the breakfast buffet spread and service at Orchid Café. Naturally I called for a full investigation on all the points you raised and a series of actions and retraining has been put in place to avoid a reoccurrence and to deliver service in a personalized and attentive manner. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I note that you found that the lights on some of the elevator floors were not working. I am pleased to advise that currently we are undergoing a refurbishment of our guestrooms which will give a fresher look and more contemporary feel to the guestrooms. This will include a totally new colour scheme, state-of-the-art media hub, 40” TV, upgraded guest room Internet, new lighting and new shower fittings. The room together with its 45 sq.m. space will certainly give us a leading edge amongst the 5 stars hotel in Bangkok. The total project is targeted to be completed by the end of next year.

On the other hand, I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our guest room, the central location of our hotel, and the croissant – yes, they are homemade. Your kind comments have been passed on to the teams.

Once again please accept my apologies on your disappointment. I sincerely hope that in spite of this inconvenience, we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future so that we can remedy the poor impression created on this occasion.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed in Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit this May. It is well connected with BTS and service is good. Breakfast is good and dinner, as well, although much more expensive than local restaurants. The swimming pool is not large but well-desighned, giving you a feeling of vocation. I would recommend it to SPG platinunum members because it offers very favourable price. If you are not, the quality/price ratio is not that outstanding.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KelvinZhang

Dear KelvinZhang,

May I thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for sharing your feedback with us.

It is a great pleasure to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our Grande Connection - connecting the hotel lobby directly to the BTS Skytrain and MRT Subway station, the food & beverage selections - especially our breakfast buffet spread and dinner at basil, and the tropical oasis of our swimming pool. I have shared your comments with the team and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here at the start of August for 5 days and had a brilliant stay. The hotel is excellent. Everything was a 5/5, service, location, food and rooms. My favourite though had to be the pool area. They have managed to create an area with trees and an amazing pool that makes you feel like you are at a tranquil beach resort. You can't tell that your in the middle of a city like Bangkok.

The only slight issue we had was a bill query. When checking out the bill we were issued had additional charges as the room rate had gone up. We were asked to pay this, we tried to explain that we had booked the room months ago and paid upfront then so they couldn't expect us to pay the difference as the rate had changed since we booked but they still said we must pay as the reservations team made an error when we booked. My partner had a copy of the booking details which they then took and said they would look into and sort out before we leave. It was all sorted before we left so no major issues overall. Would stay here if travelling to Bangkok again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear maz05,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed our central location, the beverage selection, our guest rooms, the level of customer service and your highlight, the tropical oasis of our swimming pool. However, I was concerned to read about the misunderstand on the room charge upon check-out. Please accept my apologies and I have shared your feedback with the concerned Department Head so that such incidences will not re-occur.

My team and I look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel for 3 nights. The location is perfect. Next to the BTS and opposite Terminal 21 shopping mall. We could easily travel to any other location in the city. The service was fantastic, rooms very, very clean and spacious with a beautiful bathroom. My biggest complement to this hotel is the breakfast. Good variety and very well prepared. We would highly recomment this hotel if you are looking for the best service,beautiful hotel with a lovely pool, great food and location. This is what a 5 star hotel should be like.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindieSA
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear LindieSA,

May I thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am extremely pleased to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our location - being directly connected to the BTS Skytrain, just a few steps from the MRT Subway Station and also opposite to Terminal 21. Moreover, I am delighted to read that the highlight of your stay was our breakfast buffet spread. We continuously strive to improve the level of our services and your compliments are definitely an encouragement to all of us. I have shared your comments regarding the exceptional level of service to our team and they certainly appreciate the recognition that you have given.

We look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have nothing but praise to give to this hotel. Staff, accommodation, food, service, location etc., was all 5 star. There are many hotels in Bangkok, but for me, I will always book this one. Brilliant.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank albyrussell

Dear albyrussell,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed food and beverage selection, the convenience of our location, our guestrooms, and most importantly, the level of customer service provided by out team. As part of the Luxury Collection ambassadors, we continuously strive to provide our guests with an indigenous and exceptional experience. Your compliments have been shared with the team and we all look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel - awesome location, clean and excellent service!
Located just next to the BTS and opposite Terminal 21, a happening shopping mall for young people in Bangkok.
We stayed at the 21st level - lake view room! Simply wonderful. Go Bangkok, must stay here!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SERENities
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear LionCitySunLover,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok.

It is a great pleasure to read that not only were you able to enjoy the convenience of our location, but our level of customer service had exceeded your expectations. I have shared your compliments with the team and they appreciate the recognition that you have given.