“fabulous Stay! Thank You Sheraton!”

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #9 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Malaysia
“fabulous Stay! Thank You Sheraton!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My family and I ( 11 of us) recently stayed for the first time at this hotel although my brother is a regular Sheraton guest.
We were warmly welcomed by the staff there and they made us feel extremely at ease and at home.

The hotel has such a welcoming ambience and we immediately fell in love with it. The staff were extremely courteous, polite and friendly even when they are so very busy at breakfast,
The rooms were well appointed, and very clean and the maids did a good job each morning tidying up, A commendable point are the beds and pillows….we had some very good sleep after a hectic and exhausting day.

Also I noticed there is always at least a security guard and a staff stationed at the lifts all ready to call a lift for you when you walk in.

The hotel is suitably located close to Terminal 21 one of the latest shopping complex in Bangkok and less than a minute walk on the overhead pedestrian walk to the MRT. So getting to MBK and Asiatique, the market, was quite a breeze especially when you have shopped a lot!

Everything was more than what we had anticipated. We had a great stay, thank you Sheraton!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Happyjaq,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback with us.

Here at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all of our guests and your kind comments have been passed on to the team to recognize their efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Richard Chapman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Room was spacious and well equipped. We had requested a lake view as the other side of the hotel overlooks the street & skytrain, but certainly noise from the street did not appear to be a problem for our floor. Room rate included on of the best buffet breakfasts I have ever encountered. Plenty of choice and although breakfast is served from 05:30, even at 10:00 there was still plenty of choice and the food was obviously frequently refreshed. Hotel is well placed for Terminal 21 shopping mall where there are plenty of places to eat at very reasonable prices. There is an Argentinian steakhouse over the road which whilst a little pricy offers really great food. Very convenient location from a public transport viewpoint - skytrain and metro stations within 5 mins walk. All round a really great experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear bennoch,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback with us.

We continuously strive to improve the level of our services and I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the spaciousness of our guest rooms, the breakfast buffet spread at Orchid Cafe and the convenience of our central location. Your compliments have been shared with our team and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of being part of your memorable stay.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I just completed a great five night stay at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. The hotel is in a great central location. There is a BTS sky train and a Metro stop just a few steps from the hotel. I was attending a conference at the Queen Sirikit Convention Center and I could also easily walk there (about 20 min). Directly across the street (and connected by a walk way) is a Robinson department store and Terminal 21, a mall with 5 or 6 floors that sells just about anything you could want! The buffet breakfast is amazing (about 900 bhat if not included in your room rate). My room on the 12th floor had been recently renovated and was very nicely appointed. The gym has 5 or 6 treadmills, stationary bikes, elliptical machines, a rowing machine, free and machine weights - it's great. The service was very good with very helpful and friendly staff. I'd go back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear bennoch,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

It is always a great pleasure to know that our guests had enjoyed a memorable stay with us. I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our central location, the breakfast buffet spread at Orchid Cafe, the facilities at our Fitness Club and the level of customer service provided by our team of Luxury Collection ambassadors. Your kind words have been shared with the team and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband and I began and ended our honeymoon at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. We stayed a total of 4 nights in October. We pre-arranged for a hotel limo pick up and were treated like royalty – cold towels, water and wifi! The staff were very efficient, always pleasant and polite, and there to cater to every need.

We had a very spacious room on the 27th floor with a grande view of the city and the hotel pool below. The beds and pillows were so comfortable in fact, that we looked forward to returning to sleep in them for the last night of our 2 week trip! The bathrooms are fully stocked with any toiletry that you may have forgotten to pack.

The buffet breakfast was amazing!! My husband and I both agree that it was the best we have ever experienced. So much variety! Jazz music was played nightly in the hotel lounge and provided an inviting atmosphere. We had dinner at both of the hotel restaurants – Rossini’s (Italian) and Basil (Thai) and both surpassed our expectations. The prices were definitely not on the cheap side when you compared them to eating in the local restaurants, however they were not anymore $$ then the restaurants that we are used to in Toronto. The excellent service, delicious food and warm atmosphere justified paying the extra costs.

The location of the hotel was great - very close to the SkyTrain and metro. If you want to spend the day relaxing, the hotel’s pool was breathtaking! The moment you walked outside you left the bustle of the city and entered a lush tropical oasis.

When we return to Thailand we will without a doubt stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake - you get a beautiful view of the city with the lake and the hotel po...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Chrisjoe B,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit to be the final destination for your honeymoon.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the ease of travelling with our limousine service, the spaciousness of our guestrooms, the convenience of our location and the tropical oasis of our swimming pool. Moreover, it is a great pleasure to know that you had enjoyed the breakfast at Orchid Cafe, live jazz at The Living Room, our Italian cuisine at Rossini's and the authentic Thai food at basil.

Your compliments have been shared with the team and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed four nights in November. We had a very comfortable, big room on the 27th floor. The hotel is very clean and welcoming. The breakfast has to be one of the best I have ever experienced in a hotel. I can't think of anything they hadn't thought of.

We booked one coach tour to Ayutthaya through the hotel and it was excellent. We don't normally go on coach tours, but we wouldn't have been able to see all we did without a lot of organisation and with our time constraint.

We loved the location of the hotel. Very close to the SkyTrain and metro, and right across the road from the shopping mall Terminal 21, with good places to eat if your looking for something inexpensive. On our last night in the hotel we tried to book a table at Rossini's, the hotel's Italian restaurant. Unfortunately for us they had a guest chef in and we didn't feel we could justify paying £100 for a meal, before leaving for the airport! Quite disappointing, as we'd read the reviews and were looking forward to it.

Would I stay here again? Definitely!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear 8lackCardigan,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback with us.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the spaciousness of our guestrooms, the breakfast buffet spread at Orchid Cafe, and the central location of our hotel. Moreover, I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the tour to Ayutthaya.

The team and I look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back for another memorable stay and also to experience our award-winning Italian restaurant, Rossini's.

Sydney
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was probably our20th visit to this Hotel, and, it hasn't loss any of it's class or style !
The renovated Rooms and Suites are fantastic, the Pool area is simply unbelievable, the Staff can't do enough for you and the Restaurant options are very diverse.
Skytrain is at your door, as is Shopping for anything you want, it is impossible to ask for me.
Oh yes, and in the Evenings, the Living Room and Library come alive with great Jazz and fine drinks. The Randy Cannon Jazz Trio are an institution !
GM Richard Chapman has maintained a fantastic Property, and if you are going to be in Bangkok, this is the place to be.
Don't go anywhere else !!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Geoff48,

Thank you very much for your continuous support and loyalty towards Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

It is always a great pleasure to receive such positive feedback from the most important aspect of our hotel - our guests. I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed our newly refurbished rooms, the tropical oasis of our swimming pool, our food & beverage selections, and the convenience of our central location. Moreover, I am happy to read that you continue to enjoy your evenings at The Living Room with live jazz by Randy Cannon. Your compliments have been shared with our team and we look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back home.

Odessa, Ukraine
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,545 helpful votes
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I've stayed approx. 75 times at this hotel over the last 15 years - that to say I really loved it. When in Bangkok I didn't look any further, this hotel was my home.

I loved the pool, the more intimate breakfast poolside, the very good concierge, the design of the room, the spacious suites etc.

But now I came back while renovation and was given one of the newly renovated rooms. I have been just shocked about what they did to the rooms. The bathroom with its green tiles was untouched. The difference I saw was a new office chair and a completely tasteless wall cabinet where the TV is integrated. This wall cabinet 1.) makes the room smaller and 2.) is made from the cheapest and most tasteless veneered 'wood'. Such a terrible furniture belongs maybe to a 4point by Sheraton, but for sure not to a 'Luxury Collection' Sheraton.

So, after 15 years I decided that this was my home in Bangkok.

Goodbye grande old lady!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank HONkiev
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear HONkiev,

May I thank you for being such a loyal customer. Naturally, I was particularly concerned to learn of your feelings towards the renovated room. Most of our regular guests have provided favorable comments. However, I recognize that each individual has different tastes and a different view point.

After much debate, it was decided to retain the aquamarine colour handmade tiles in the bathroom, but a new shower system and brighter lighting have been added in addition to a different timber finish. Within the bedroom itself, we have created a fresher look with a more contemporary style. This includes a totally new colour scheme with imported wallpaper from the USA and high quality wood veneer from Italy. New 40” TV’s, state-of-the-art media hubs, fiber optic cabling for the Internet, energy efficient lighting and a new air conditioning system have been installed to enhance the guest experience. The room may be a little smaller, but a larger working desk area has been created.

I am sorry that you felt the way you did. I hope that you will reconsider your decision and that we shall have the pleasure to welcome you back.