“Fantastic location on Sukhimvit” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #9 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Yokohama, Japan
“Fantastic location on Sukhimvit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Opposite the shopping mall Terminal 21, very close to the subway and with direct access to the Sky Train - this location is as good as it gets on Sukhimvit. The hotel is around 16 years old now. It's very nice inside. The breakfast on the lobby floor was fantastic, one of the best buffets I've ever had. 'Free' bubbly, drinks and nibbles if you've got the right package and you can enjoy them by the pool, in the lobby or first floor. I would stay here again for a treat, especially with a good deal like the one we found on the Sheraton website itself.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite - it's worth the extra, especially if there's a deal going on, which we t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank YokohamaGeezer
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear YokohamaGeezer,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback with us.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our location, being directly connected with a sky walk bridge to the BTS Skytrain station and just steps away from the MRT Subway station. Moreover, it is a great pleasure to read that you had enjoyed our breakfast buffet spread at Orchid Cafe and the evening cocktails provided at The Living Room, The Sala and BarSu. Thank you once again for staying with us and I look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

Richard Chapman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

This has got to be one of the very nicest Sheratons I've ever stayed in. Stayed in the Grande Suite and recommend it highly. Service is amazing, the breakfast is delicious and the room is perfect. Great location in Bangkok. Stay here.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas D
Dear Thomas D,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Our Luxury Collection values are an “indigenous and exceptional experience” and I am proud on a daily basis that our associates deliver as per your comments. Your compliments have been shared with our team and they were delighted to know that they had been able to play a part in making your stay more memorable.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Friends living in Bangkok suggested that we stay in the Sheraton when my wife and I decided to spend a weekend there with our daughter. And we're so glad we took up their suggestion!

The location of the hotel is fantastic as it is just next to the BTS station and opposite a really nice Mall - Terminal 21. Being able to get on the train to get around town and avoid traffic was a big plus. The rooms were spacious and luxuriously appointed. The breakfast buffet had a really large spread with lots of fresh fruit, Asian as well as Continental options. They even had Eggs Benedict made to order! Rare for a hotel buffet breakfast.

The concierge was also really helpful as we needed to get to some rather far flung places and they helped us print out maps in Thai so that we could give them to the taxi drivers. But what really took the cake was a cake! It was my wife's birthday while we were there and we returned to the room one evening and found a birthday cake for her, complements of the hotel. We didn't mention it during check-in and they must have seen it from their check-in records. Talk about attention to detail!

The next time we go back to Bangkok, we will definitely be staying at the Sheraton again!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear ChrisOSP,

I am pleased to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our location, the breakfast buffet spread at Orchid Cafe, our guest rooms and the level of service provided by our Concierge team. Extra recognition had been given to our Concierge team and they were delighted to know that they were able to a part in enhancing your stay with us.

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

This was our first experience of staying in Bangkok. This hotel was really special. We had an upgraded room due to staying for five nights. This included some free dry cleaning and butler service! The best bit about our upgrade was the nightly free two hour cocktail session with hor d'oeuvres We were served premium brands and by attentive staff. We loved every part of our stay. We were spoken to by some of the management whilst staying at the hotel who asked us how we were and who took the time to chat.
We would definitely stay at this hotel again. It has such a great location and the quality over all areas of the hotel are five star.

Room Tip: Look at all the offers before you go.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah B
Dear Sarah B,

It is with thanks that I reply as my team and I are grateful for your kind words. We thank you for the feedback and constantly strive to provide our guests with an incomparable stay.

We all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

My third stay at this hotel...I questioned myself as there are hotels with better views of Bangkok. It's about the location and the Jazz. The rooms are OK, solid, brown and uninteresting. The location is great as you are by a safe, covered bridge steps away from the Skytrain. The deal-maker for me is the standard of jazz in the Living Room. On this visit they had The Randy Cannon Trio. This is not run of the mill bar room jazz, this is the real deal....the guy clearly loves what he does and chats to his audience between sets to show his appreciation. Each stay has had different artists and each has been great. The Bamboo Bar at the Mandarin Oriental has great jazz too, however, they won't serve food at the bar even though it is right next to the restaurant (!?) which is why Sheraton Grande gets my repeat custom.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Sagittarius_7,

Thank you very much for your continuous support and loyalty towards Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback and I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our Grande Connection, which provides direct access from the hotel's lobby to the BTS Skytrain station. As you have mentioned, The Living Room is definitely one of the highlights of our hotel. I have shared your compliments with The Randy Cannon Group and the team at The Living Room and they all look forward to your next visit.

Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel excel for two reasons and both are good enough reasons on their own merit to keep me coming back. First, they have the best free form swimming pool, period. Words can't describe the pool in fact calling it a swimming pool is almost an insult. It's like a piece of heaven on earth. The pool is surrounded by trees, plants, statues and have different features in different areas (bubbles, fountain, different lighting, waterfall...etc). The best is they seem to somehow have underwater music. You don't hear the music till you submerge your ears under water. It's the relaxing spa music so popular in Bangkok so once you're under water, you're totally relax and just want to stay there for a long long time.

Second reason why this hotel is awesome is that the staff are not only excellent but they work in an integrated way. On my last night, I wanted to relax in the pool, have dinner, then try out their spa (which was lovely by the way). The Spa manager arranged everything so that I get to order dinner before going to the pool, have my dinner served (still hot) 5 minutes after coming out, have enough time to digest, then go for the massage. Same thing the next morning, I called the reception for an early wake up call (430am) because of my early morning flight out of Bangkok. No later than 3 minutes after the call, the in room dining manager called me to ask if I wanted a breakfast box to pack since the buffet breakfast wasn't available before I left the hotel. Note that this was the first time, I had informed the hotel of my early flight, so within that 3 minutes of requesting the reception for the early wake up call, the reception had informed the in room dining manager who took the initiative to call me about my breakfast. When I did check out, by the time I finished paying my bills, the limo I requested was ready with my luggages (didn't need to inform the concierge/bell boy) with my breakfast box and favorite newspaper. Hard to imagine a better hotel in Bangkok because they do exceed expectations like no other hotel!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank alpal78
Dear alpal78,

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the tropical oasis of our swimming pool and the underwater music. As part of the Luxury Collection hotels, our core values are an "indigenous and exceptional experience." I have shared your compliments with our team and they were delighted to know that they had been able to play a part in enhancing your stay with us.

We all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Please let me say that this on of the excellent Hotel while staying in Bangkok.
It has silver service. For the price paid you are getting the features and benefits. Not like other SPG .member they cold get some training here.

Room Tip: A must to stay.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear hjty,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback with us.

As part of the Luxury Collection hotels, we continuously strive to improve the level of our services. Your compliments have been shared with the team to recognize their efforts and we look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.