“An oasis - simply perfect in all aspects, simply amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #9 of 844 Hotels in Bangkok
Germany
“An oasis - simply perfect in all aspects, simply amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I have visited this hotel now since 2008 approximately 15 times and I have to say, it never gets boring. This hotel is amongst my absolute favorites from all of my travels in the world. The second I enter this hotel, I am still amazed. From the elegant entrance to the amazing breakfast, this hotel simply ceases to surprise me. When I stay here I truly feel like I am in paradise. Aside from the amazing jazz club, the pool has to be by far my most favorite attribute about this hotel. Once you enter, you feel like you are in a small oasis... you cannot hear the noises of the city... you do not see the chaos of all the cars and many people.... you simply see green all around you... have an amazing pool to swim in (best I have been in ever) and amazing lounge chairs. From time to time, the staff comes by with freshly cut fruit and cold water. Honestly, I don't think there is anything I could comment which would make this hotel better. It is already perfect in my eyes!

Rooms all have amazing views (recommend to get the view of the lake). Rooms are amazing as well. Beds are sooooooooo comfortable! I wish it was my home.... it is that wonderful!

Room Tip: Choose a room which has a view to the lake. This is the best view you can have!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear CheeseheadInGermany,

Thank you very much for your continuous support and loyalty towards Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

It certainly is the highlight for hoteliers to see returning guests like yourself and we are honored to hear that we have been able to make such an impact to your vacation/trip. I am delighted to know that you had enjoyed our breakfast at Orchid Cafe, jazz at The Living Room and the tropical oasis of our swimming pool.

Your compliments have been shared with out team and we all look forward to your next visit.

Richard Chapman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Whilst newer, flashier and admittedly, classier hotels have popped up thru the years in Bangkok, the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit remains one of my favourites.

I had a newly refurbished room requested on purpose, as vs a higher floor non renovated room they provide for SPG Platinum guests.

Regulars will be happy to note that the new rooms now feature a classier dark theme, but still maintain a very homely feel. The baths are thankfully still the same with their beautiful marble tiles, save for a darker wood panelling. They have also switched to Thann amenities which I enjoyed.

The beds are still supremely comfy with the best pillows amongst all Starwood hotels on earth. St Regis Houston, you need to learn where the SGS gets their pillows!

Service is impeccable save for an issue I had with the fitness center juice bar appearing as a spa charge under my room. I had to insist on management intervention before it was resolved correctly.

The hotel management is very responsive and friendly. Their follow-up is the best of any Starwood hotel I know- Starwood corporate should be proud of this property.

Another reason I return is for the superb swimming pool, again the best of any city hotel ever...landscaped like a lost jungle pool, it's easy to forget you're in Bangkok! (Until you hear the traffic) as a plus, wifi is also available poolside.

Transport wise, the bellboys were very efficient in flagging cabs even during rush hours. They also always ensure the cabbies use the meter and in my experience this was rarely an issue in Bangkok. Else the BTS station Asok, or MRT Sukhumvit is just a 3 minute walk away...by a connected skywalk.

F&B wise, I found this hotel to be very good. The buffet at orchid cafe is nice, but given the abundance of tropical fruit in Thailand, I wish they would provide a fresh juice bar which the sheraton in KL does. The Italian restaurant- Rossinni's is not to be missed- I especially enjoyed the value set menus. Basil is a Thai gem with good service and a variety of nice (and pricey...) Thai food.

All in all, another great stay here! Looking forward to returning soon.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear fredd0,

Thank you for your continuous support and loyalty towards Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

It is of my delight to read that you like our newly refurbished rooms, our Luxury Collection bed and pillow selection, the tropical oasis of our swimming pool and the food & beverage selection including basil, Orchid Cafe and Rossini's. Moreover, I am glad to read that our team of Luxury Collection ambassadors were able to play a part in enhancing your stay with us.

We all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

This is not a business friendly hotel. Location is OK if you need access to skytrain. Feels dated. No executive lounge area--the library or the business center to be used for meetings (which you have to pay for). The staff while very polite and respectful appear to be clueless. We were told that we cannot order coffee/tea for business associates in the library and had to get a room in business center for 2000bt/hr. Turned out others were ordering drinks/snacks in the library.

We checked out after 1 day and moved to JWMarriott--first time I had to change hotels because of service or not meeting our business needs.

Giving it 3 stars since it is not a business-friendly hotel, dated rooms, facilities and poor staff training. Disagree with tripadvisor's ranking that it is a top-10 hotel in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the train station--my colleague had that room and said that trains tra...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear 4NDude,

First of all, may I thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Bangkok and for taking the time to write a review.

I am concerned to read that we did not meet your expectation due to your feeling that the hotel guestroom was out-of-date and tired. I am pleased to advise that currently we are undergoing a refurbishment of our guestrooms which gives a fresher look and more contemporary feel to the guestrooms. This includes a totally new colour scheme, state-of-the-art media hub, 40” TV, upgraded guest room Internet, new lighting, new carpet, new shower fittings and of course new fan coil unit of the air conditioner . The room together with its 45 sq.m. space certainly gives us a leading edge amongst the 5 stars hotel in Bangkok. The total project is targeted to be completed by mid 2015.

About 100 rooms have been completed and I am pleased to offer you the opportunity to try one of these on your next visit to Bangkok. So, please do not hesitate to contact me direct so that I can personally assist you with the reservation.

Although we do not have a separate club lounge, our Platinum members and our guests who book for a Grande Deluxe room / Grande Suite enjoy a number of benefits and privileges including complimentary cocktails during 06.00-08.00 hrs. at their choice of three lounges / bars, which some of our guests prefer the opportunity to try something different every evening. Moreover, hot beverage and soft drinks / juices are served all day long at the Library, which acts as our residents’ lounge. I understand that you requested the butler to serve coffee and tea at the Library to take care of you. I therefore unreservedly apologize for the poor communication which led to this misunderstanding.

I do hope that in spite of the incident we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future to experience our newly renovated room and improved services.

With kind regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Good centrally located hotel.

Food in the hotel was very good and with the purchase of The Grande Club card offering a 30 % discount in the restaurants pricing was as expected for a hotel of this standard.
An amazing breakfast buffet where you would be hard pushed to find something missing. Evening food in the Orchid also very good we tried the Seafood Buffet one evening and on other evenings after wanting something a little different had excellent Indian food.

Rooms were very spacious and Wifi fast as SPG Gold we were upgraded to a Grande Deluxe.

Only slight negative; the pool area is a little cramped and if you want some sun it's a little tricky to find a bed unless you get there very early.

One final word the Concierge team are excellent and special thanks to Sukthoon (?)

Thoroughly recommended hotel for a stop over in BKK.

Stayed January 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback with us.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed the food & beverage selection especially the breakfast and dinner buffet at Orchid Cafe, the benefits of being a Grande Club member, and the services provided by the Concierge team. Extra recognition had been given to Sukhoom and he was delighted to know that he was able to be a part of making your stay more enjoyable.

We all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights family of 5 in 2 rooms adjoining each other 2 nd room slightly smaller but the kids loved it and we were at ease knowing they right next door.
Hotel services were excellent, being part of the SPG Programe does have it benefits. The butler service was awesome
The BRT Asok hub on the door step all linked via skywalk and the shopping centre Terminal 21 easily accessible and good shopping
Outside street hawkers a plenty and good food locations as well

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ebi P,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback.

It is always a great pleasure to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our location and The Grande Connection, our butler service and the benefits of being a SPG member. Your compliments had been shared with the team and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights over Christmas. The lobby was very festive and the staff was very friendly and always eager to assist us, from pushing elevator buttons to checking in on us during breakfast and greeting us upon entering the lobby. When we checked in, we were given a Starwood Preferred Guest room on the 28th floor with a great view of the city but after spending one night there, we noticed that there was a smell in the room that we couldn't get used to, so we switched a non SPG renovated room on a lower floor with no view. The newer room was nicer, smelled a little like fresh paint and was a perfectly fine place to call home for a few days. The bathrooms have not been renovated, they were exactly the same in both rooms—teal tile that looks a little aged but felt clean. We were told the renovations are taking place starting with the lower floors and moving upwards. The breakfast buffet was very convenient to have in the lobby, and offered many Eastern and Western food varieties. The lobby is always busy as was the outdoor pool area where we dined al fresco one evening. There were a lot of kids in the pool and many families at the hotel in general, so if you're looking for a couples getaway, this may not be the best place for you. The hotel is conveniently connected to the elevated walking bridge above Sukhumvit which takes you to the local sky train system (BTS) as well as nearby shopping malls, without having to walk in the street or on the sidewalk below. The hotel provides complimentary bottled water to guest rooms multiple times daily, which is nice for Westerners worried about drinking the tap water. I had one treatment in the spa and enjoyed it very much. I didn't use the women's locker area where the hot tub and sauna is located, though I did see it and it looked clean and inviting.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear alisa r,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is a great pleasure to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you faced with the smell of paint in the room. This has been shared with the concerned department to ensure such incidents do not reoccur.

I do apologize for any inconvenience caused to you and do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to experience the improvement.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and were upgraded to a suite. Room had been recently renovated and was well designed and extremely comfortable. It had everything you could possibly need including the personal butler other reviewers referred to below. The coffee was much appreciated and ditto the complimentary laundering of 2 items each per day. The complimentary cocktails from 6 - 8 had a great selection of cocktails complete with jazz pianist. Hotel is located right next to the sky train ( but there is no noise) and terminal 21 a large shopping mall which also has great nail spas and beauty spas. The front office and duty managers are very visible greeting guests during cocktails. Breakfast is delicious and a huge choice is available. You can also have a healthier breakfast by the pool. Great wifi. All in all a fabulous hotel with highly personalised service inspite of its size. We loved it!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear tinkers234,

It is of my greatest pleasure to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our central location, Terminal 21 and the Suite benefits. Your compliments have been shared with the team to recognize their efforts and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.