Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
US$179
US$160
Priceline
3,949 results
All reviewsorchid caferichard chapmanliving roomjazz barbutler servicewalk in closetpool arealive jazzspg platinumdirect accessevening cocktailsterminal mallbreakfast buffetasok bts stationthe general managerthai restaurantlarge bathroom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Being a regulare in Bangkok and tried out most off the 5* properties here, I was tempted by the location of the Sheraton Grand. And I was not disappointed. It's really in the middle of the chaos and next to everything you need.
The hotel itself is old-fashioned 5* class. One of the earlier big hotels in Bangkok that can still keep-up with the competition. Maintenance is flawless and the rooms are big. Yes, the amenities are not as up to date as with the newer Hotels, but the bed is great, the TV big and the shower nice. Also the hygienics and housekeeping are 5*.
Best feature is of-course the pool and it's lush surroundings. Really a step out of the bustling City.
Only downside was the Check-inn. It took to long for no apparent reason. And, having 2 rooms, after dropping us of at the first, the lady left us, convened that we would make it our selfs to the second room, a couple of floors up. Not a big problem. eventually we found it. But still...
Overall we had a great time, especially at the tropical pool. And the hotel Chauffeur, Mr. Tavee, did a great Job escorting us out of Bangkok during the Shut-Down. Thanks for that.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Bas0100,

May I thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you had taken to share your feedback with us.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the spaciousness of our guestrooms, our central location, the service provided by our Housekeeping team, and the limousine transfer. Extra recognition had been given to Khun Tavee and he was delighted to know that he had been able to play a part in enhancing your stay with us.

I was very concerned to read about the check-in process you had experienced. Naturally I called for a full investigation and a series of actions and retraining has been put in place to avoid a reoccurrence and to deliver service in a personalized and attentive manner.

Once again, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. I sincerely hope that in spite of this inconvenience, we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future so that we can remedy the poor impression created on this occasion.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This hotel is practically connected to the BTS train station, Asok. The service, the room, and the buffet breakfast was all outstanding. I had a 2 1/2 hr spa treatment in their spa and Pichayapa gave me one of my best massages (and I have had many!!!!) ask for her!!! You get plenty of water, and fruit in the room. They opened up the business center (closed on Sunday) so I could run my boarding passes. All in all the best hotel on our 2 weeks Myanmar/Thailand trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Fsulaw1,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you had taken to share your feedback with us.

It is always a great pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our Grande Connection, directly connecting the hotel's lobby to the BTS Skytrain station and just a few steps away from the MRT subway station. Moreover, I was happy to read that you liked our newly refurbished guestrooms, the breakfast buffet at Orchid Cafe, the level of service provided by our team of Luxury Collection ambassadors and the spa treatment at our Grande Spa. Extra recognition had been given to Pichayapa to recognize her efforts and she was delighted to know that she had been able to play a part in making your visit to our hotel more memorable.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel it all same the hotel profile / new room design/clean/very good area on sukhumvit road..and have a big bathroom with bath tab.
Stuff very help full welcome with smile.
Very big pool with garden so relax day and night..
I must recommended to all guest for this hotel..

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gapp1901

Dear Gapp1901,

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed the comforts of our newly refurbished guestrooms, the tropical oasis of our swimming pool and the level of service provided by our team of Luxury Collection ambassadors. I have shared your compliments with our team and we all look forward the the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is the kind of hotels where you feel to be an estimated guest: you are called by your name and all the attention is on your well being. The service is discreet and attentive.

I really recommend the hidden swimming pool and their juices; cocktails and small dishes (chicken sate with peanuts sauce is a delish).

The breakfast is amaizing.

Room Tip: As awlays for this type of hotels, try to get a room on the highest possible floor, the view is always the best
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear emercenier,

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the level of customer service provided by our team of Luxury Collection ambassadors, the breakfast buffet spread at Orchid Cafe and the tropical oasis as well as the food and beverages at The Sala. Your compliments had been shared with the team and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel 4 nights from Febr.6th-Febr.10th 2014 and I must admit this is a wonderful address in the city center of Bangkok with a direct connection to the Skytrain which brings you in minutes where ever you would like to go in Bangkok from East to West! We stayed at a premium deluxe room at a very reasonable promo rate of 6150,-Baht/night American breakfastbuffet included.....Sheraton advertised with the slogan...one of the best breakfast buffets in Bangkok and this is correct, everything you would like to eat at breakfast is available and lots of things more! I hope you will be staying on a Sunday to enjoy there excellent Brunch-Buffet at noon until 15.00pm ....THIS IS A REAL FEAST....for the eyes aswell as for your stomack! There was really far to much, it,s impossible to try to eat a little bit from everything! This you have to give it at least one time being in Bangkok, you will not regret it!
One minus is the fact that you can,t wear a Short or sandalls at Happy hour at The Living Room on the first floor from 18.00 till 20.00pm in the evening....Who for Gods sake invented this rule?......We are on holiday isn,it? After 20.00pm I can understand this but BEFORE the band started to play is this as stupid as can be in my eyes!
Yes, this is a wonderful hotel and I would have give 5 stars if we did not have some problems with the dresscode, for the rest.....go for it, the staff is great, helpful with everything and they give you a nice feeling, smile included!
Andre and Suntara Hendrickx-Khumpetch, Belgium.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suntara

Dear Suntara,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and in particular for going to the trouble of sharing your stay experience with us. Naturally, I am delighted to read that you found our breakfast one of the best buffets in Bangkok and in particular you enjoyed our Sunday jazzy brunch.

With regards to our dress code, may I apologize if there was a miscommunication from our associates in the Living Room. As a courtesy to fellow patrons, we do request that proper attire be worn while visiting our restaurants and bars. With regards to the Living Room, we do request guests to refrain from wearing flip flop slippers, sarong, bikini, tank top, sweat pants and any type of pool wear. Shorts are permitted through to 20.00 hrs. as our sandals. In addition, if guests prefer to wear more casual attire as described above, there is also alternative location of The Sala for the cocktail hours. I apologize for this miscommunication and hope this clarifies our dress code as we certainly understand that some guests wish to be casually dressed whereas business travelers may prefer a more formal attire.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back and once again my sincere appreciation for your kind words.

With kind regards,