“Fell in love and will be taking the family back.”

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #9 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Kamakura, Japan
“Fell in love and will be taking the family back.”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I arrived at 9AM wanting to check my bags before spending the day out and about....was told that my room was ready and that I could check in.
> gorgeous room on the 14th floor.
> happy hour by the pool each day from 6 to 8.
> perfect location for shopping, nightlife and site-seeing.
> great breakfast (tons of great fruit and endless coffee (thank-you)).
> close to the airport (30 minutes in the early morning).
> latest check-out ever (11PM)!!!
> nice relaxing pool.
> NO sign of the protests.
NO complaints whatsoever.....perfect service from a perfect establishment.

Room Tip: I can't imagine there being a bad room, but maybe something a little higher away from the road?
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank AlexInJapan
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear AlexInJapan,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback and I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed our guestrooms, Happy Hours at The Sala, the convenience of our location, the breakfast buffet spread at Orchid Cafe and the tropical oasis of our swimming pool. Your compliments had been shared with our team and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Richard Chapman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Ohio
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for four nights and felt that it was wonderful. The staff were all very helpful and the room was clean (with the exception of the top of the shelf- needed to be dusted). The breakfast was plentiful and the beds were comfortable. The pool was amazing and the location was perfect. The hotel was just steps from the Metro and Sky Train as well as right across the street from a large mall. The travel planner and the concierge service were thorough and extremely helpful. I highly recommend this hotel as it was also a great value.

Room Tip: If you have a Starwood number, be sure to use it as the rooms on the SPG floors are nicer and newly...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear 5Travellers1263,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I was extremely pleased to read that you had enjoyed our breakfast buffet at Orchid Cafe, the convenience of our central location and acccesibility to the Skytrain and Subway station, the tropical oasis of our swimming pool and the level of customer service provided our team of Luxury Collection ambassadors including Concierge team.

However, I was concerned to read about the dust that was found on the shelf in your guestrooms. Your feedback had been shared with our Executive Housekeeper for rectification.

I hope that despite this mis-experience we will have the pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed in the Hotel for 2 days..... rooms are nice and comfortable the mini bar well stacked. The breakfast has a large buffet spread catering to the Indian pallet too.... parantha, aloo ki sabzi etc. And the location is the best one is on the main road next to the metro station and all the buzz.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Jyotishreya,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you had taken to share your feedback with us.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed our comfortable guestroom, the breakfast buffet spread at Orchid Cafe, and the convenience of our central location. Your compliments had been shared with our team and they all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel.

Very quick check in at 2pm with a friendly staff, Pranee.

Was upgraded to a premier deluxe twin room on 16th floor.

Very comfortable double queen size beds that accomodated my hubby n i n our 11yr old kid very comfortably. The room is very spacious w a walk in closet.

Room looks new. Clean plush carpets, pleasant color scheme with new wall coverings plus a huge bathroom. Great pressure shower. Good size bath tub, robes, toiletries.

The ambience of the room was very nice and inspite of being in e middle of sukhumvit, next to the Asoke BTS station, there was no traffic noise.

Breakfast buffet was full of variety. Loved the large fruit station w sweet mangoes, dragon fruit, pomelo, guava, papaya, pineapples, watermelon.

Enjoyed the thai selection in its ala carte menu too both in Basil n Orchid restaurants.

Pool was very relaxing n set in a lush green tropical setting. Very nice area for lounging around. Jacuzzi was great to ease off the tired body n feet after a hard day of shopping.

Hotel is linked via a short bridge right to the Asoke BTS station, to Terminal 21 mall n a short walk to Sukhumvit MRT subway station. Very well connected to other sites in Bangkok.

Above all, the staff from the reception desk, concierge, the waiters and the housekeepers are very helpful and go all out to help u and make you feel comfortable in this hotel.

We will surely book ourselves in this hotel the next time we are in Bangkok.

Btw, the streets and surroundings at the hotel were ok. No protests n demonstrations when we were there, end march.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear itravel71,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you had taken to share your feedback with us.

It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback and I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed our spacious guestrooms and the Thann amenities, the breakfast buffet at Orchid Cafe, our authentic Thai cuisine at basil and the tropical oasis of our swimming pool. Extra recognition had been given to Pranee and she was delighted to know that she had been able to play a part in making your visit to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit more memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dhaka
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is one of my favourite hotels anywhere, and certainly my favourite among Bangkok's many great hotels because of its fantastic rooms, great food and service that is generally superlative even by Bangkok's high standards. I stay there at least twice a year, and I usually can't recommend it highly enough!

But my latest stay at the hotel (March 2014) was my least pleasant experience there by a distance. I understand the hotel has had to cut costs due to the political situation, but it was obvious that it is cutting corners as well. From the partially or fully closed restaurants, to the reduced breakfast spread, to what seemed like less than the usual service standards (which I am guessing is attributed to less staff than usual?). And it's not like they have reduced prices accordingly. Mind you, the service was not bad, just not nearly as good as it always is at this hotel.

One thing, however, was unforgivable: the lowered standard of housekeeping. During my three nights there, I did not get an evening turn down service once (something that was done without fail previously). One of the days, I left the room at 8:30am and returned at 1pm to find my room had not been made (again, something unthinkable during my previous stays). But worst of all, once I called to say my room was not made and I expect it to be by the time I returned from lunch, I came back to see a rather shoddy work done (and this time by any good standards). I was very, very disappointed, to say the least.

I will be back, but one more similar experience and I might have to reconsider my favourite place to stay in Bangkok. And I wonder how it makes sense to sacrifice a reputation earned over years for a few months' drop in revenues.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Zayd K
Dear Zayd K,

I was very glad to learn that the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is your favorite hotel in Bangkok, but concerned to learn that this last visit was your least pleasant. I can well understand your feelings regarding the failure of our Housekeeping department and immediately brought it to the attention of the Executive Housekeeper. There certainly is no excuse for the poor service and retraining has taken place to ensure no further failures in that area.

With regard to our restaurant services, which were limited during the street protests, we are now in the process in bringing them back on line and plan to have them all fully operational by the middle of next month.

The breakfast buffet was in fact not reduced in content, but the layout has been changed, which may have made it difficult to find your favorite item.

I apologize for these inconveniences and look forward to welcoming you back to your favorite hotel in Bangkok, where we will endeavor to ensure that your confidence in our services will be restored.

With kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

The room was wonderful, very well appointed and super bathroom, great bed! The pool is one of my favourites in the world and didn't disappoint. However, what did disappoint was the state of the facilities in the hotel. The majority of restaurants were either totally or partially closed and the place was like a ghost hotel for a lot of the time! Breakfast was fantastic, one of the best we have ever experienced, but one morning when I was leaving the breakfast room I took a small jug of milk for our in room fridge and you would swear that I was a shoplifter the way I was apprehended by the staff!!! When I explained what I was doing it was firmly taken from me and I was given a paper cup instead!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lorayned
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear lorayned,

May I thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you had taken to share your feedback with us.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the spaciousness of our guestrooms, the Luxury Collection bed, and the tropical oasis of our swimming pool. However, I was concerned to read about your mis-experience at our breakfast. I have shared your feedback with our Director of Food & Beverage for further improvement.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us and I hope that despite the mis-experience, we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Excellent location with both BTS and MRT within 200 meters walk and is right in the city center. The room was pretty large in an elegant decoration. Love the separate closet even with standard room. Fast and efficient services. Cannot argue that it is one of the top hotels in BKK.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear KwinAun,

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our central location, our ease of access to the BTS Skytrain and MRT Subway Station, and our spacious guestroom. Moreover, it is of my greatest pleasure to read that our Luxury Collection ambassadors were able to play a part in enhancing your experience with us. Your compliments had been shared with our team and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back soon.