Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #9 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“One night stay”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

- Seriously, I was stun to see hotel provide condoms in the guest room. This is my first time ever. I'm traveling with my kids.. what should I say? Is it because hotel located close to Soi Cowboy?
- By the way, hotel is famous for the dining. So, I'm expected high but what I found is average.
- Swimming pool look fancy. You can swim along the big tree. However, look not clean enough. Some part of the pool has un-circulated water . You can see film of dirt on the surface. Should be improve. Pool service is ok. Staffs were nice. Many people enjoy drinking beside the pool.
- Guest room look a bit old. There is a message on the table that hotel is under renovation. So, if you plan to stay here, just ask new room when you check in.
- Plenty of car parking.
- Location ok. Sky train is at front door.
- No upgrade room. No club unless you are a platinum member.
- No kids club. No kids pool. Public Jacuzzi avalible for adult.
- If i'm a business man travelling alone then this is my top list. If i'm travelling with my family then I would rather pick somewhere else.

Room Tip: Asking for new renovated room. Asking for the room with the view of the lake (opposite side is a vi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank khunwis
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Khunwis,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and in particular for going to the trouble of sharing your stay experience with us.

I am concerned to read that you feel our guestroom was tired. I am pleased to advise that currently we are undergoing a refurbishment of our guestrooms which gives a fresher look and more contemporary feel to the guestrooms. This includes a totally new colour scheme, state-of-the-art media hub, 40” TV, upgraded guest room Internet, new lighting, new carpet and of course new shower fittings. The room together with its 45 sq.m. space certainly gives us a leading edge amongst the 5 stars hotel in Bangkok. The total project is targeted to be completed by mid-2015. For your future visits, may I suggest you book a Grande room which will allow you to experience our newly renovated room or a Premier room which will allow you to enjoy our new room including breakfast and in-room high speed Internet.

Although we do not have a separate Executive club lounge, our Platinum members and our guests who book for a Grande Deluxe room / Grande Suite enjoy a number of benefits and privileges including complimentary cocktails during 06.00-08.00 hrs. at their choice of three lounges / bars, which some of our guests prefer the opportunity to try something different every evening. Moreover, hot beverage and soft drinks / juices are served all day long at the Library, which acts as our residents’ lounge.

With regard to the condoms, I believe this becomes more common item provided in minibar in many 5 star international brand hotels. However, in our newly renovated rooms, they are kept in the minibar cabinet which is out of sight of the children.

Regarding the cleanliness of the swimming pool, I have instructed our Chief Engineer and our Executive Housekeeper to investigate and ensure that the appropriate action is taken to avoid the reoccurrence.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

With kind regards,

Richard Chapman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is just a very good hotel on the very busy Sukhumvit Road. There is a modern shopping mall right across the street and others are just a couple of stops away on the Skytrain.
Service is great and all staff are very friendly and helpful. There are couple of good restaurants in this hotel, I personally like the Italian food at Rossini's a lot. The outdoor place 'The Sala' is great as well. Go there for dinner and you will be seated somewhere around the pool (no worries, the pool is closed for swimmers during dinner time!!). The rooms are spacious but a little outdated, beds are great though.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Moboeto,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you had taken to share your feedback with us.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our central location, Italian cuisine at Rossini's, the tropical atmosphere and level of service at The Sala as well as our spacious guestrooms.

I understand that you feel the hotel guestroom was out-of-date and tired. I am pleased to advise that currently we are undergoing a refurbishment of our guestrooms which gives a fresher look and more contemporary feel to the guestrooms. This includes a totally new colour scheme, state-of-the-art media hub, 40” TV, upgraded guest room Internet, new lighting, new carpet, new shower fittings and of course new fan coil unit of the air conditioner . The room together with its 45 sq.m. space certainly gives us a leading edge amongst the 5 stars hotel in Bangkok. The total project is targeted to be completed by mid 2015

I do hope that in spite of this inconvenience we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future to experience the improvement.

Mountain View, California
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed in June for 3 nights w/ my wife and son. Wow!!! As a platinum member, received a suite upgrade, a wonderful cake (anniversary), and cool drinks after our late flight from Tokyo. We were worried about the curfew that was in effect in June. Non issue.
Next day, completely amazed at the breakfast buffet. Felt like a dinner and breakfast buffet combined together. They were kind enough to make fresh mango juice for us. Thick, fresh, and sweet, just like I love it.
Location is fabulous ... shopping, restaurants, and wonderful massage parlors around the corner.
The staff / concierge helped set up a river boat cruise / and tiger tour. Fabulous.
There was some issues with construction in late afternoon. Unfortunately, had to work in my room and heard, but they moved me to another room and paid for a mercedes ride to the airport.
Oh yea, no smell of smoke and their pool is divine.

Room Tip: Ask for suite upgrade
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Randy W,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you had taken to share your feedback with us.

It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback and I was delighted to read that you and your family had a memorable time during your most recent visit to our hotel. I was happy to read that you had enjoyed the breakfast buffet spread at Orchid Cafe and the fresh mango juice, the convenience of our location, the recommendations made by our Concierge team and the tropical oasis of our swimming pool. I had shared your compliments with our team and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Paris
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Very Nice hotel with great location. There are tons of bars in Bangkok but I particularly recommend to stop by for a drink at the Living Room that has fantastic jazz music, good food, large choice of wine and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Jocapy,

It gives me great pleasure that you had enjoyed your most recent visit to our hotel and that you particularly had a memorable experience at our jazz venue, The Living Room. Your compliments had been shared with our team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

It was a short trip in Bangkok last week. The service was absolutely fantastic everyone is nice and energetic. Atmosphere in the hotel is nice.
And i also love the food there. If i go back to Bangkok, definiately to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Sittidech T,

Thank you very much for your visit to Sheraton Grande Sukhuvmit and for the time that you had taken to share your feedback with us.

As part of The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts, we continuously strive to improve the level of our services. Your compliments had been shared with the team and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have stayed in this hotel nearly 200 times and have hardly ever had any problems when I stay there. Staff are always amazing and facilities excellent. One of the highlights of stays here is the breakfast and with recent additions of new dishes it has got even better. Easily the best hotel breakfast I have had. The Italian restaurant in the hotel Rossini's has recently re opened and the menu in there also now better than ever.

Room Tip: Rooms looking out over Queen Sirikit have best views.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Richard J,

Thank you very much for your continuous support and loyalty towards Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback and I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed our breakfast buffet at Orchid Cafe, the Italian cuisine at Rossini's and the level of customer service. Your compliments had been shared with our team and we all look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 August 2014

One of the best hotels I have stayed at in Bangkok. Luxurious, grand and and at such a convenient location with a covered walkway to Asok train station. It helped when we wanted to go shopping at MBK during one of the rainy evenings. Buffet breakfast is an absolute food fest with the wide array of delicacies and Asian breakfast staples.

Clean and big room complete with a long bath. They even snuck in a cake for my birthday when we went out for the afternoon. Such a pleasant surprise!

Will not hesitate to return for my trips to BKK.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Wonder B,

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed our central location, the convenience of The Grande Connection, buffet breakfast at Orchid Cafe, our spacious guestrooms and the level of customer service provided by the team. Your compliments had been shared with our team and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back soon.