“Its Westin!!”

The Westin Grande Sukhumvit
Ranked #63 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 14 May 2012

very good 5-start hotel in the middle of the bustling city. Rooms were great and clean..love their 'heavenly' theme...and their heavenly pillows. Good view of the city on the top floors. Staff were friendly, except the concierge never did smile..weird because Thailand is known as the Land of Smiles. Breakfast was massive and delicious. Another highlight is the new shopping mall 'Terminal 21' right across the street, Robinsons and McDonalds below.
Ideal hotel for business travellers and shopping maniacs...

Room Tip: Top floors for a 'heavenly' view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RiffatNH
GMTheWestinBangkok, General Manager at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Thank you for posting your recent stay and thank you also for sharing with others many of the great things we have in and around the Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed Westin’s Heavenly theme, including our Heavenly pillows, along with the majority of other aspects about the Hotel. I am sorry that you did not find the Concierge friendly, as we pride ourselves on our service - I appreciate the feedback. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Stay well, Charles Jack.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

We stayed at the Westin because we had Starwood points to use and free is pretty hard to beat. However, if you are shelling out some dollars I would suggest somewhere else. There are so many better choices on Sukhumvit. The Hotel Lobby is on the 7th floor of the buidling, also the pool and workout center. One point this hotel does shine is the workout center! If you are into working out then you will find everything you need. Pool is small, limited seating. Internet is only free for 1 hour at a time in the lobby. Charging for internet access is just ridiculous in these times. Park Plaza and any hotel that is keeping up with the times provides free internet. Starwood guests can request a late check-out 4 PM.

Make sure you check out the dinning options at the Terminal 21 shopping center right next door. Go to the 6th floor at lunch time eat with Thai office workers on thier lunch break. Street food prices in comfort of air-con mall with tons of options for Thai food. You can feast Pad Thai, Yellow Curry, Sticky rice with mango... 150 baht (USD 5 bucks) Enjoy

Room Tip: Ask if they are still doing construction..... if you want to take a nap during the day good luck. Th...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
GMTheWestinBangkok, General Manager at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to share your recent stay with us and others. I am very pleased you enjoyed some of the facilities, including the Westin Workout and the location of the Hotel. In relation to internet fee, I am sorry that you did not take advantage of the complimentary public area wi-fi that we offer. When you reach second tier status (Gold) with Starwood Preferred Guest, this can be included in the Deluxe accommodation rate, without charge. Alternate to this, we also offer complimentary internet included with Executive Club accommodation, if you wish to take advantage for a small premium in room rate. I am sorry that you would suggest other Hotels on Sukhumvit, but if the opportunity arises, we look forward to welcoming you back. I appreciate your feedback. Stay well, Charles Jack.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

An other vsit to the Westin Grande Sukhumvit because we like the hotel so much. Arrive in morning and the always so friendly staff waiting for us to check inn. The room always nice and super clean. we enjoy the view and hospitality of the staff. The swimming pool new look and nice sunbeds and service like always with a smile. The water of the pool was a welcome because vry warm in bangkok. The breakfast we enjoyed so much and a specialy the service of the hostess in the Lounge was so special. Great stay again.

Room Tip: Please look for good deals on the starwood internet website.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share with us and others, that you had another extremely good stay! This is great to read. I am pleased that the team look after you well, along with enjoying the other experiences we have, including the new pool terrace. We do look forward to the welcoming you back soon. Be well, Charles Jack

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I love the Westin chain but felt a little like I was staying at a three-star airport hotel rather than a 'Grande' anything. I normally get an upgrade but this time my SPG Platinum status was useless, and the front desk seemed put out after I complained for the cheap perfume odor that was apparently designed to cover up the mildew odor I was able to discern.

After moving me down the hall, the power stopped working and I had an irritated guy from engineering sneering at me. Wow! I had stayed here to find an easier way to pedal my bike out of town and boy was I missing the hotel I has just left!

This place needs a gutting in the worst way as it is a disappointment. I should have tried another SPG hotel, as they are the best!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, unless you can get a good deal on a suite and inspect it prior to checking in.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank olindacat

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay at the Hotel. It’s disappointing to read your comments and also the feedback on the team and structure of the Hotel. I apologise for how you may feel. We will always try and upgrade all available rooms for Platinum SPG on the day of arrival, but I am sorry that this is not always possible due to very high occupancy levels. Also we have what we believe is a soothing global Westin white tea scent throughout our Hotels worldwide, but take on board your comments, for when this is reviewed. Again, I appreciate your feedback. Kind regards, Charles Jack.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I spent bad days in the handicapped room,the bathroom is not well organized for the handicapped people, Handicapped room has no floor trap in the bathroom , and the water was going out in all the room, I sent so many complaint but they told they cant change anything, I advise the handicapped people not to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: I advise the handicapped people not to stay in this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank mohamed691

I appreciate you taking the time to post in relation to your stay back in September 2011. In the past, we have done a lot of work to our handicapped room based on guest feedback, to ensure it is the most functional possible, but apologise that it does not suit everyone’s needs. I am sorry that we could not modify extensively, whilst you were here. Kind regards, Charles Jack.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Stayed four nights and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. I'm an SPG Platinum member and expect little perks. The folks at the Westin exceeded my expectations. We were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite, the club lounge had a full breakfast and evening beverages with hors d'oeuvres. The staff were friendly and helpful - got my Thai SIM card working for my Blackberry. They provided maps and suggestions for tours. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask (nicely) for a room upgrade with a view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lsdibster

It is great to read your comments, and thank you very much for the feedback. It’s superb your expectations were exceeded and you were looked after well. Many thanks and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back. Stay well, Charles Jack.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed for nights, the roooms are large and spacious, comfortable beds, well maintained and clean. As a nice touch they leave a plate of fresh fruit and several bottles of free water. the breakfast buffet was excellent, large selection of both western and local cuisine. Eggs made to order. The hotel is conveniently located next to terminal 21 shopping center, the subway and AirTram. the staff are friendly, but several had a very limited english. I tried to book a tour through the Tour Desk and the girl didn't understand what I was asking for. Because I didn't book directly through Westin, I was not eligible to receive my Starwood points, was not put on a starwood guest floor, and was charged to internet access. I even asked to pay additional fee to be eligible for benefits and they won't let me.
Across the street is a spa- King and I- highly recommend if you are looking for a thai foot massage.

Room Tip: ask for an upper floor for a better city view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback, and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay. It very nice to read the small touches that your experienced and we are always comprehensively working on improving English communication throughout the Hotel. It’s great also to read that you experienced many of the varied things that are available in the direct vicinity of the Hotel. There are some rates reserved that may be ineligible for Starwood points, and I am sorry that you obviously reserved through this channel on this occasion. Thank you again for your feedback. Be well, Charles Jack.