“Next to MRT Stations”

The Westin Grande Sukhumvit
Ranked #58 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 April 2014

It is situated right on the main Sukhumvit Road. Great location with close proximity to couple of train stops. The Bathrooms are a bit old and can do with some renovation. Seven Eleven right across the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
WestinBangkok, General Manager at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear PuttBMW,

I do appreciate you taking the time to post feedback in your recent stay. I have to agree that our location of the Hotel and proximity to transport is very convenient; thank you for sharing. We are always making improvements to the Hotel, so hope you can experience this sometime in the future. Many thanks for staying with us.

Charles Jack

Write a ReviewReviews (2,283)

Reviewed 13 April 2014

great location for those shoppers. Rooms clean and service is nice. I would like to stay here once more if i get a chance to visit Bangkok again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Lookingfora,

Thank you for taking the time to post, and we delighted you would return to us, should the chance arise. Thank you for sharing.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is the fourth Starwood property we've stayed at in Bangkok, and we had high expectations for a Westin Grande. Unfortunately, we found the service to be lacking - very unpersonalized and robotic - and there wasn't anything about this property that stood out to us.

At check-in, we stood around for about 5 minutes before someone came over to assist us. Since we're Platinum, they took us up to the executive club to check in. She was professional and gave us a "deluxe room" which was actually the same as all of the ones in the pictures - with most of the floors being SPG, it doesn't seem like Platinum guests get any upgrades or special treatment, which is a bit unusual for Starwood properties. That said, the room is spacious and nice, and newly remodeled. There is still some construction on the highest levels with noise during the day, which was quite loud in the middle of the day (there are no alerts about this on the website or while booking. We found out only upon arriving in our room.) The executive club was adequate in the evening for snacks and drinks. The service was friendlier than in other places of the hotel.

Breakfast was a mess. The first morning, they seemed all confused, didn't know where to seat us and ultimately put us at a table, side by side, looking straight at a pretty intense business meeting (when there were more private tables available). Even when we tried, we couldn't get them come back to give us tea or coffee or water. We decided to just finish our breakfast and speak to the manager - when asked, they sent us to the front desk (??) then the concierge helped us find the restaurant manager who was in the restaurant the whole time. His English wasn't sufficient to have a conversation, and he told me if I wanted water, I should have gotten it from the buffet (again ??). We skipped breakfast the next day. The third day, service seemed more normal. But all of this really threw me off for a Starwood property.

The pool area was good and the service was attentive during happy hour. We enjoyed spending the evenings there. The location next to Terminal 21 is good.

Nothing really stood out for us at the Westin Grande. For SPG folks, I recommend the Plaza Athenee or the Four Points for more attentive service and more memorable stays.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
WestinBangkok, General Manager at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear gringa220,

Thank you for the extensive feedback - I appreciate both the compliments and also the areas where you feel we fell short. Generally breakfast is a busy place in the Hotel, but there is no excuse for shortfalls in service, for which I apologize. In relation to an upgrade, we always do allocate all available Suites by the end of the day, but unfortunately not always are there enough for every member - please do let me know if there is an opportunity for you to return for us to restore some confidence. Thank you again for the feedback.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here in my last visit to Bangkok Central located and a great place to stay , all the facilities are near by great food available in hotel and outside on roadside too ,rooms too are if and comfortable , pool is very located on 7 floor gives a great feeling ,lobby too is big and well manned

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear sonudheer,

Thank you for staying with us, along with sharing details of your stay. I am very pleased you enjoyed what we have to offer.

Be well,

Reviewed 10 April 2014

My SPG suite night upgrade was well worth it, a very spacious and well appointed room.

The breakfast in the lobby had many western and Asian options. Open until 1030 makes it a nice brunch locations.

Gym was short of being a true 'Westin Workout'.

I had a rather poor experience at the executive club where my I was charged for my guests despite them arriving minutes before the executive club happy hour closed and did not drink.

I will stay at the Sheraton Grande next time. Executive club and management need to treat Platinum guests better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
WestinBangkok, General Manager at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear MPCLDC,

Thank you for sharing and thank you for also staying with us. I'm delighted that there were some positive aspects of your stay, but disappointed that when your three extra guests joined you at Westin Executive Club that there was an issue with the billing. We do have a standard nominal charge should extra people with to join, with the intent to maintain and manage the exclusivity of the Executive Club for both people like yourself, as well as other Westin Executive Club guests. I realize that some other Hotels may manage this differently when that do not have a designated Club and use public space for their Lounge facilities. I am sorry about the disappointment, as my team and other guests also shared your comments with me.

Thank you for the feedback - it is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was the second time we booked the westin hotel , the hotel located on sukhumvit road, close to the terminsl 21 and empori shoppinv mall. A short ride with the skytrain will bring you to the mbk or Siam shopping centers. The room and amenities are as one can expect from a 5-star hotel.

Worth a specisl mention are the breakfast and dinner buffets, both offer an incredible choice of high quality and very good tasting food.

Compared to our first visit, this time thd noise from the street (we were on the 23rd floor) seemed to be louder then our First visit

Recommended hotel for a relaxed stay in a very busy Bangkok

Room Tip: The higher rooms are probable less sensitive to noise coming from thr streets
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear vinylmeister,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your loyalty to us. I agree that we are very fortunate with the location, with so much to offer around. Being a big City, from time to time there is some noise around and I am sorry it disturbed you on your last visit, as generally doesn't happen.

Thank you very much for recommending us.

Stay well,

General Manager.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Westin. The location we perfect just next to the Asok sky train (it took less than 30 min to reach Chatuchak market). The breakfast has everything to ask for with a very attentive staff. I stayed by the pool a lot (you get sun after lunch up until sunset) and it didn't seem to be that busy. The ladies working in the pool bar were lovely and I had a nice lunch there. They only thing I must complain about is the lack of free WIFI. It's 2014, there is excuse for a 5 star hotel not to provide such a service for free.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Sofitel!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear China2014,

Many thanks for taking the time to post details of your recent stay with us. It very much appreciated. I am delighted you enjoyed all aspects of what we have to offer, and also found the location of the Hotel most convenient. In relation to internet, we do have a number of packages including internet access, along with complimentary in the public areas. I am sorry that perhaps you did not take advantage. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to see you soon.