“Very Very Good hotel - Must stay”

The Westin Grande Sukhumvit
Ranked #75 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
“Very Very Good hotel - Must stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have tried every single major service in this hotel, starting from arranging one of the biggest meeting this hotel has ever handled, to staying on the personal level, this hotel has become the hotel of choice for me and my family.

Although the property is more than 20yrs old, the owners have taken every effort to refresh and maintain the property almost to excellence. The brand name of Westin has been very well lifted. I have stayed in both the suite, and also the deluxe rooms. Generally speaking, most things still look good and in working conditions, save for a few minor hiccups.

Bed is good, sink and rainforest shower good, air conditioning is great condition. (you never find the room stuffy even if you take out the key-sensor).

They have a very good spread of international breakfast buffet. Well worth the money even if you have to pay. As this hotel's main patrons are japanese businessmen, the hotel serves very high quality japanese selection for breakfast. If that is not enough, try their in-property restaurant kisso. Although the prices are steep, they really serve very good sushi amongst other quality food. I like to eat there during lunch as they offer really decent priced set meals. (but still pricey compared to the next door Terminal 21 restaurants, but definitely you can expect better quality).

What made me and my family visit this place every time again is not just the hardware and food, but really the people. They don't just remember me because I did a big event with them, but from my observation, they really made an effort to remember returning guests. I noticed some staff were chatting with guests from japan and American/European nationalities saying "it's been some time we last see you and welcome back!". Not the kind like "I just checked my computer, thus i know" kind of gesture, but genuine remarks... Impressive!

Try their executive lounge benefits if you have a little extra. They serve all day sandwich and chocolates along with drinks. It's nice to be treated a little special than the rest of the guests!

For event Planners looking at this review, you can really depend on this hotel to make your event a success. They really did an impressive job to make our event a great success. All our participants were highly impressed by what Westin could deliver.

Their strategic location beside a big mall, main train statin, MRT station and lots of eateries, and oh, Healthland Massage within walking distance just make this hotel work for big events.

Just 1 little thing that hurts... The ballroom does not have a high ceiling, but they do boast a beautiful rooftop ballroom that is simply awesome!

And lastly, I don't have to post any photos, the management photos are 95% resemblance to actual product. No gimmick.

Room Tip: go for suite and lounge benefits. Worth every penny
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WestinBangkok, General Manager at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear TheYangTravelers,

I sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to share all details of your recent stays with us and I am delighted to read the feedback. I have to agree that we are very fortunate with the team here, and I am so pleased that they can take care of travellers on all levels, whether be large groups or individual guests on leisure with family. I thank you very much for choosing us, and your loyalty to Westin. We do look forward to the opportunity of seeing you soon.

Stay well
Charles Jack,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The overall stay has been excellent. The rooms are spacious and well decorated. The staff is courteous and well groomed. The location of the hotel is excellent. The restaurant is maintained well and food is good. Highly recommended for short stay in Bangkok. Prices are slightly on the higher side, but its OK and justified considering the facilities provided.

Room Tip: 15 th floor onwards would give a good view of Bangkok.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear MITS007,

Thank you for sharing, and I am very pleased that you found all aspects of your stay most enjoyable. I appreciate the feedback.

Stay well,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Good service, a nice relaxing atmosphere and attentive staff.

Perfect to get a good night sleep after a long long travel schedule. The room was comfortable and the bed was amazing, not to mention the pillows :)

Definitely a place to consider for a short stay before going to other places or back home.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Superbilj,

Thank you for the feedback an d sharing with others. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you well. Many thanks for staying with us.

Kind regards,
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

On my last visit to Bangkok, I stayed at the Sheraton Grande, which is across the road from Westin. We had strolled across the street to see the hotel and were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. We wanted to go check the swimming pool so we went to the reception / lobby which is on the 7th Floor and requested to have a look a t the pool. The pool was on the 8th and we found it clean and big. I had loved my stay at the Sheraton and that's the reason why I decided to stay at Westin this time for my upcoming trip in end of May this year. I am so looking forward to experiencing the hotel and services that I can't really wait to get there. The area is so well connected by MRT and the location could not have been any better for us and we did not want to look for any other hotel. I hope our stay is as great and meets our expectations.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Elite_traveler_927
Dear Elite_traveler_927,

It's superb to read your feedback and thank you for sharing detail with us and others. Your details here are great to read. Thank you too for choosing us again for your trip later this month and we do look forward to welcoming you back.

Stay well,
Stamford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

again this year we spent 3 nights at the westin grande in bangkok in a deluxe club room. it is a very good hotel and the extra for the executive floor is worth the cost. however, earlier in this trip we spent 3 nights in the sofitel hotel on sukhumvit road which is better albeit more expensive hotel.

Room Tip: It took 10000 SPG points per night to upgrade from a deluxe club room to a one bed suite which IMHO...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have spent 1 night at the hotel in Apr'14. During check-in, the friendly reception immediately recognize my spg membership and brought me to executive lounge at level 24 for private check-in. I have been allocated to a deluxe room which gives access to executive lounge.

The service is impeccable from all aspects. In some way, their service is even better than their higher/same category sister hotels in the region.

Location wise, it is located less than 20m distance to Terminal 21 shopping center & 100m to BTS. Ideal for family travel based on my observation from surrounding. Though the building has start showing age, however, it is still well maintained, better than some chic design hotel which doesnt do so well in maintenance.

In overall, this is a hotel which i would come back again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alfred C
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Westin Grande Hotel keeps their good standards.

Strong Wifi (chargable), clean room, clean lobby, nice gym, nice small pool and excellent location.

There is one thing that boils down to personal opinion is that there seems to be a lack of personal touch to their service. I feel that they should have more personal touch to their services.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business