“Perfect stay at a perfect property”

The Westin Grande Sukhumvit
Ranked #69 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Perfect stay at a perfect property”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I'm a huge Starwood fan, to the tune that I would pay considerably more to stay in a starwood property and hotels like Westin Grande Sukhumvit are the reason why. Everything from cleanliness to food, to rooms decor to service was perfect o my stay.

Things started of well when I received an upgraded room which i was not expecting as I had booked a special rate that did not abide to SPG Platinum benefits nonetheless i received a room on the SPG floor and also received free wifi but besides the upgrade what started my stay off so well was the wonderful staff member that check me in, so polite, so genuine and very welcoming. Soon after i checked in my bags arrived and again I was met with a very courteous staff member. I have stayed at other Starwood properties in Bangkok and they all have excellent people working to make these properties top notch.

The rooms were modern but comfortable and very welcoming as was the heavenly bed. The bathroom was extra clean and stocked well with amenities including toothbrush and paste.

The pool area was nice, a bit low for a rooftop pool (8th floor) so you dont get much of a view nevertheless there are plenty of lounge chairs around and beds to lay on to soak up some sun. I didnt have a chance to visit the gym as I was strictly on vacation mode :)

The breakfast spread is amazing, plenty options to choose from and everything tasted pristine including the desserts that had me reconsidering my no gym on vacation policy :) once again the wait staff was excellent and so very polite and accommodating.

When I return to Bangkok I will definitely be staying at this property again without a doubt. .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
WestinBangkok, General Manager at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear dgirma1980,

Thank you for the comprehensive information and the most positive comments about your stay with us, along with your loyalty to Starwood. It's greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Charles Jack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Location was amazing with Robinson Dept store on one side and Terminal 21 mall on the other side. The BTS Station was just in front of the hotel and McDonalds, a grocery store and an amazing massage place just under the hotel. Friendly and helpful staff. My stay couldn't be more comfortable than this.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
WestinBangkok, General Manager at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear AdnanShamma,

Thank you for sharing and thank you also for your feedback - it's great you stay was most comfortable and you enjoyed the convenience of the Hotel location. Thank you for staying with us.

Honolulu
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have stayed at Westin Grande Sukhumvits many times. However, the hotel is on the decline since the rooms are getting old and the carpeting has foul smell that is very unpleasant. When they move you to another room, it is in front of a train station or a noisy mall. Moreover, Internet connection is bad since it loses connection many of the time. Unless they fully renovate the hotel, it is not worth going there for business or holiday since the hotel is getting worse everyday.

Room Tip: There only few good room which has been renovated but they are always full and it is very hard to ge...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WestinBangkok, General Manager at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear RichardHonolulu,

Thank you for sharing with us and I am naturally disappointed in your comments, as we are always attempting to achieve the best possible for our guests. We have made some extensive improvements throughout the Hotel over time especially renewing all internet for each room along with new carpets in premium rooms. I apologise that you feel we still fall well short. I am sorry you have lost confidence in us, and hope we do have an opportunity to restore sometime in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have tried every single major service in this hotel, starting from arranging one of the biggest meeting this hotel has ever handled, to staying on the personal level, this hotel has become the hotel of choice for me and my family.

Although the property is more than 20yrs old, the owners have taken every effort to refresh and maintain the property almost to excellence. The brand name of Westin has been very well lifted. I have stayed in both the suite, and also the deluxe rooms. Generally speaking, most things still look good and in working conditions, save for a few minor hiccups.

Bed is good, sink and rainforest shower good, air conditioning is great condition. (you never find the room stuffy even if you take out the key-sensor).

They have a very good spread of international breakfast buffet. Well worth the money even if you have to pay. As this hotel's main patrons are japanese businessmen, the hotel serves very high quality japanese selection for breakfast. If that is not enough, try their in-property restaurant kisso. Although the prices are steep, they really serve very good sushi amongst other quality food. I like to eat there during lunch as they offer really decent priced set meals. (but still pricey compared to the next door Terminal 21 restaurants, but definitely you can expect better quality).

What made me and my family visit this place every time again is not just the hardware and food, but really the people. They don't just remember me because I did a big event with them, but from my observation, they really made an effort to remember returning guests. I noticed some staff were chatting with guests from japan and American/European nationalities saying "it's been some time we last see you and welcome back!". Not the kind like "I just checked my computer, thus i know" kind of gesture, but genuine remarks... Impressive!

Try their executive lounge benefits if you have a little extra. They serve all day sandwich and chocolates along with drinks. It's nice to be treated a little special than the rest of the guests!

For event Planners looking at this review, you can really depend on this hotel to make your event a success. They really did an impressive job to make our event a great success. All our participants were highly impressed by what Westin could deliver.

Their strategic location beside a big mall, main train statin, MRT station and lots of eateries, and oh, Healthland Massage within walking distance just make this hotel work for big events.

Just 1 little thing that hurts... The ballroom does not have a high ceiling, but they do boast a beautiful rooftop ballroom that is simply awesome!

And lastly, I don't have to post any photos, the management photos are 95% resemblance to actual product. No gimmick.

Room Tip: go for suite and lounge benefits. Worth every penny
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear TheYangTravelers,

I sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to share all details of your recent stays with us and I am delighted to read the feedback. I have to agree that we are very fortunate with the team here, and I am so pleased that they can take care of travellers on all levels, whether be large groups or individual guests on leisure with family. I thank you very much for choosing us, and your loyalty to Westin. We do look forward to the opportunity of seeing you soon.

Stay well
Charles Jack,
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The overall stay has been excellent. The rooms are spacious and well decorated. The staff is courteous and well groomed. The location of the hotel is excellent. The restaurant is maintained well and food is good. Highly recommended for short stay in Bangkok. Prices are slightly on the higher side, but its OK and justified considering the facilities provided.

Room Tip: 15 th floor onwards would give a good view of Bangkok.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear MITS007,

Thank you for sharing, and I am very pleased that you found all aspects of your stay most enjoyable. I appreciate the feedback.

Stay well,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Good service, a nice relaxing atmosphere and attentive staff.

Perfect to get a good night sleep after a long long travel schedule. The room was comfortable and the bed was amazing, not to mention the pillows :)

Definitely a place to consider for a short stay before going to other places or back home.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Superbilj,

Thank you for the feedback an d sharing with others. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you well. Many thanks for staying with us.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 30 April 2014

On my last visit to Bangkok, I stayed at the Sheraton Grande, which is across the road from Westin. We had strolled across the street to see the hotel and were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. We wanted to go check the swimming pool so we went to the reception / lobby which is on the 7th Floor and requested to have a look a t the pool. The pool was on the 8th and we found it clean and big. I had loved my stay at the Sheraton and that's the reason why I decided to stay at Westin this time for my upcoming trip in end of May this year. I am so looking forward to experiencing the hotel and services that I can't really wait to get there. The area is so well connected by MRT and the location could not have been any better for us and we did not want to look for any other hotel. I hope our stay is as great and meets our expectations.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Elite_traveler_927
Dear Elite_traveler_927,

It's superb to read your feedback and thank you for sharing detail with us and others. Your details here are great to read. Thank you too for choosing us again for your trip later this month and we do look forward to welcoming you back.

Stay well,