“Excellent”

Ranked #62 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Bochum, Germany
“Excellent”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

As the title says, I had a great stay at the Landmark. I'll come back.
Spacious room, very polite staff and one the best beds I slept on.
I can recommend all Restaurants of the Landmark, especially the Rib Room Restaurant & Bar.

I got a free upgrade to the Club floor, but at the checkout I was compelled to pay for the internet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience in our hotel on this website.

I was absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience in our hotel and that our staff were able to upgrade your room to the Club floor. It is also a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed our comfortable bed, our spacious room as well as our outlets, particularly Rib Room & Bar on the 31st floor, recently awarded Best Steakhouse in Bangkok by Thailand Tatler.

We continually aim to deliver high standards of Thai hospitality to delight our guests and I am very pleased that you experienced this from our staff.

Thank you for selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Douglas Glen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have stayed at the landmark on many occasions. The reason I always pick this particular hotel is the location, hotel facilities and professionalism of the staff. We book club floor rooms so check in is always quick and efficient. This stay was in a newly refurbished corner room which was spacious and immaculate. Housekeeping do an excellent job.
The location of the hotel makes getting around the city simple.
Nothing is ever too much trouble for the staff and I will continue to recommend and stay at the landmark.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Notdoneroming
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on this website and also for your continued patronage and support over the years. This is greatly valued and much appreciated.
It is always a pleasure to read such very kind comments and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to us and our product and service have met your expectations. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our newly refurbished corner room on the club floor , and that our team were able to provide you with a fast and smooth service during the check in.

Our excellent location, spacious, and comfortable guest rooms are elements of our hotel that we are extremely proud of, and it is always such a pleasure to read our guests’ positive comments regarding these.

Thank you very much for always selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok, we do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Would recommend to anyone I know. Loved the people and the room. The food was fantastic, bacon and eggs tasted just like home in Canada and the lamb was to die for! Will definitely star again next time I'm in Bangkok!

• Stayed April 2014
TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on this website.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience in our hotel. Thank you for your compliments regarding our comfortable guestroom, excellent service from staff, as well as our food and beverage. I was pleased to learn that our product and service have met your expectations.

We strive continually, aiming to deliver high standards of Thai hospitality to delight our guests. Thank you for selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the very near future.

gold coast
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have stayed at the Landmark many times over the last 7 years always enjoy my stay, the staff are very caring and polite I have found the rooms to be extremely well presented and have all the facilities that you require nothing is a problem this hotel has one of the best breakfasts on offer that I have encountered anywhere in my travels throughout Thailand
great value always good

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on this website and also for your continued patronage and support over the years. This is greatly valued and very much appreciated by us all at The Landmark.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience in our hotel and our product and service have met your expectation. Thank you for highlighting our guestrooms and facilities, and our breakfast buffet at Atrium ,which has proven to be popular with many guests, and I was delighted that they were to your liking.

Your kind comments regarding our staff are most welcome. They work very hard to deliver exceptional Thai hospitality, through service and quality standards and I was delighted that our team members were able to make your time with us that bit more memorable.

Thank you very much for always selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 April 2014

hi i stayed in bkk in many 5 star hotels also the ones charge u top dollars.

I must say the land mark is an old dame. They renovated many floors and have now modern good rooms. Its clean and friendly staff is helpfull even i stay many times allways copy my passport...

The best on the landmark is simply the food i feel the passion of the chef at any counter and food outlet i tried. I stay about a 120 nighst in hotelrooms per year so many hotel the breakfast nice the things who should be hot are hot .. in 95% of any hotels u enjoy a cold bf saussaage followed by undertempered bacon. In land mark ist perect. I had the dim sums lunch the lunch buffet and 2 dinner at the topfloor steakplace Rib. View to kill well trained waitress open kitchen and the sauces u get with your perfect steak are all fresch as 30 years ago in paris go for it. For the food no need to leave landmark but dont miss bkk steetfood a must.

If u say no need steak in bkk i got nice steak at home. I bet hard to beat it

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on this website and also for your continued patronage and support over the years. This is greatly valued and very much appreciated.

In selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok, we really value your loyalty and kind support of 120 nights a year and very pleased that you have enjoyed our refurbished bedrooms. We have completed four floors of totally refurbished bedrooms in 2013 and look forward to completing seven more floors in 2014 together with a new enhanced lobby.

Your compliments towards our Food and Beverage outlets are most welcome. Our Food and Beverage is one of the major elements of the hotel that we are very proud of and I was delighted that our food in all outlets has met your expectation. Thank you for your feedback particularly to breakfast buffet at Atrium and the steak at Rib Room and Bar, which continues to be very popular amongst our many guests.. It will be my pleasure to share your positive comments with the respective teams.

Our aim is to provide true Thai hospitality and I am pleased that the team were able to display their excellent friendliness and helpfulness during your stay.

Thank you once again for your patronage and continued support. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I regularly dine at this restaurant, however, on the last two occasions within the space of 3 weeks, I was subjected to an incorrect bill. The first time, an additional glass of wine had been added, which was corrected and not too much notice taken.

The second time, on the evening of the 18th April, I enjoyed dinner for two and had expected a bill of circa 2500 Baht, when it arrived it was in excess of 3600 Baht. On checking, an additional glass of wine plus an extra main course had been included, when queried, the waiter conveniently did not understand English, although upon mention a wish to see the manager, the bill was taken and referred.

The bill was brought back by another member of staff who explained that the cashier had made an error, I queried how this was possible and again, my English was not understood.

Earlier I had noted that another couple on the adjacent table had queried a charge on an extra bottle of water.

I settled the revised bill, and left no tip, I shall eat there again, as the food and location are both very good. The subject of overcharging in Bangkok seems more and more prevalent these days, another source of income for the staff?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your feedback with us following your recent visit.

I was disappointed to read that our standard of service at the Greenhouse did not meet your expectations, and would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Upon receiving your feedback on this website, I immediately investigated the matter to take corrective action and at the same time check on our procedures.

Having reviewed this I am confident that nothing untoward has taken place and it was an error on posting the additional dish and glass of wine when, as you quite rightly indicate, only one dish should have been charged for.

I sincerely apologise for this and please , rest assured , that corrective action has been taken to ensure that situations like this do not arise again.

Thank you for mentioning the English skills of our staff, we carry out English language training classes for all our Thai nationals and I do hope that you were able to approach our senior team members in order that further assistance was provided.

We strive to ensure complete guest satisfaction at all times, in order to make every visit memorable and I apologise that we did not achieve that on this occasion. On your next visit please do ask for the Food and Beverage manager or myslef and we will be pleased to welcome you back personally.

with many thanks for sharing your experience with us

kind regards

Brunei
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was my first stay at the Landmark, and I was very impressed.
From arriving in a taxi every single member of staff was extremely polite and courteous.
I was fortunate enough to be given a free room upgrade, which I would like to say thank you for.
The rooms are extremely spacious and comfortable, with fantastic views over Bangkok.
The location is ideal for Soi 4 (Nana) and the sky train is just a couple of minutes walk.

I will definitely be staying at the Landmark on my next return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest

I was absolutely delighted to read your comments about your recent experience of our hotel, particularly on your first stay with us.

It was very nice to learn that you had an enjoyable experience in our hotel and our product and service have met your expectation. I was pleased to read that our team were able to upgrade the bedroom for you and delighted that you enjoyed the comfort, space, and magnificent views from our guestrooms of the Bangkok Skyline.

Thank you for highlighting our excellent location on Sukhumvit road which is ideal for business and shopping in Bangkok and with the connection to Nana BTS station so close. Our aim is always to provide true Thai hospitality and I am pleased that the team were able to display their excellent friendliness and helpfulness during your stay.

Thank you very much for selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.